Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
    The discussion thread is different as that is effectively a season by season rewatch.

The Episode of the Week is organised slightly differently:

Everyone votes for an episode in the final days of one week: we spend a week talking about the episode that won the vote, writing drabbles, posting fic recs or vids/art/icons/poems, having a live rewatch chat about the episode, whatever anyone wants to do around that episode effectively for that week. People are allowed to post about other episodes/whatever they want to in respect of Sam/Jack being fabulous alongside the EOTW discussions. It just gives people something specific to talk about if they're struggling to find a topic.
    Sounds like fun.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Oma_Eva View Post
      I
      Stargate moments are what I live for LMAO. I have no life as you can imagine...
      Life we have a life? This is where I come for moments of sanity in the mad world that I live in RL
      Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Yeah, crumbs, but starving folk can be kept alive on mere crumbs for years and years and years.
      I think crumbs are too large an adjective for what we've been given

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Always...

... or if you want to be all posh about it; Semper.
      Always - has to be

Comment

Just thought I'd pop my head in and say hi! And that even though everyone says it's been quiet, I still had a lot of posts to read through! (And a few new fics which is fab!)

And whoever said Real Life sucks I wholeheartedly agree!

But at least loves

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          Okay, this is my first multi-quote, so I hope it works. Did it work? (yeah! it worked!)

And second--thanks, you guys. See? I can't stay completely out of the gutter.

**sigh** Someday I'll grow up and get all kinds of mature and sedate.
          No, don't grow up!

Originally posted by billyd797 View Post
          i'll admit it i'm a huge jack and sam fan
          Welcome!!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Okay, bedtime present:

Of Accidents and Cake

MY FIRST OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED S/J STORY!!!

I've been writing these for, like, 10 years, but this is the first one that I actually finished. I'm thrilled.

And asleep.

Peace.
          Awesome!!

Loved the fics! Thanks for posting them!

Thought I'd post since the thread is quiet at the mo - not unusually so for this time of year - a lot of people go back to school/college/university/jobs around now.

I'm in the midst of revision for two exams, setting up a business and an insane amount of writing projects which includes plotting a sequel for Let Go and Hold On. So busy, busy.

I think someone mentioned bringing back Episode of the Week to get the thread moving again a little?

Would anyone be interested in that?
          I would love to participate in the EotW

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          Hi! I need some advices!
          The new quote for the Penguins challenge is:

Never gonna give you up,
          Never gonna let you down,
          Never gonna run around and desert you,
          Never gonna make you cry,
          Never gonna say goodbye,
          Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

~ Never gonna give you up - Rick Astley

I don't like this quote

Egle01 suggested me this: "Add clips where one of them lets the other down ("A Hundred Days"), says goodbye ("Lost City"), lies and hurts ("Shades of Grey", perhaps?) and so on."

But I still have some doubts. I won't use that song, but I must put all the text in the vid and I'm worried that then it will become too sad Because if I write "Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you" and there is the clip from Shades of grey...uhm...doesn't it seem strange? I mean, I'm making you a promise but you think that I've already broken it once. I really don't know if I explained well what I mean
          Would it be better if I add "anymore" at the sentences?
          That would be fine or what Rachel said, or maybe a combination of the two?
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
            Oh, yes...I'm here....I'm always here, even if I don't say much these days. And even if I was taking a nap when I was apparently online...

Long live the ship and the shippers!
            Yes LONG LIVE THE SHIPPERS !!!!!!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            New short fic by Annerb:

I Love it When A Plan Comes Together
            It was wonderful wasn't it. Annerb so rocks the S/J fic.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            Very nice ficlet, Akamaimom!

Real life OT
            Spoiler:
            Real life does really stink, doesn't it. School and theatre activities have taken all of my time, and it's only the second week.
            Sometimes it does, but it gets better.

I promise.

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            Okay, this is my first multi-quote, so I hope it works. Did it work? (yeah! it worked!)

And second--thanks, you guys. See? I can't stay completely out of the gutter.

**sigh** Someday I'll grow up and get all kinds of mature and sedate.
            No don't get sedate please don't.

Maturity is just knowing the right circles to be immature in.

And you've already got the right one right here

As are we.

You're definitely in the right place kid.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Okay, bedtime present:

Of Accidents and Cake

MY FIRST OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED S/J STORY!!!

I've been writing these for, like, 10 years, but this is the first one that I actually finished. I'm thrilled.

And asleep.

Peace.
            Wonderful.

Congratulations!

Will definitely give it a read.

Thought I'd post since the thread is quiet at the mo - not unusually so for this time of year - a lot of people go back to school/college/university/jobs around now.

I'm in the midst of revision for two exams, setting up a business and an insane amount of writing projects which includes plotting a sequel for Let Go and Hold On. So busy, busy.

I think someone mentioned bringing back Episode of the Week to get the thread moving again a little?

Ohhhh.

A sequel.

**looks on in anticipation**

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
            Just thought I'd pop my head in and say hi! And that even though everyone says it's been quiet, I still had a lot of posts to read through! (And a few new fics which is fab!)

And whoever said Real Life sucks I wholeheartedly agree!

But at least loves
            Yes and she always will
            sigpic
            sig by Mada
            As a matter of FIC

Comment

So here's a question: now that we (the stargate program) to the Asgard technology why don't we make a couple clone bodies of Sam and jack when they get old just transfer their memories into those bodies. Though I know that after what happened to Harlan they wouldn't exactly be happy with being cloned again. It was just a thought. What do u guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                So here's a question: now that we (the stargate program) to the Asgard technology why don't we make a couple clone bodies of Sam and jack when they get old just transfer their memories into those bodies. Though I know that after what happened to Harlan they wouldn't exactly be happy with being cloned again. It was just a thought. What do u guys think?
                i think that would make an interesting fic
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i think that would make an interesting fic
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Welcome!

I'd love to start Ep of the Week up again!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Short answer? I don't think that Jack and Sam would ever go for it because I think they both value their humanity too much. It's the whole what point do you cease being human and become a being dependent solely on technology debate. Neither were quick to accept their robot bodies from Harlan, and as Daniel said (paraphasing here) "They'd rather die than risk losing who they are," which is probably what they'd see longevity as. Just my opinion, of course.
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Ok.

I came with a cute dumb idea (yes I said it)

You know how we do those lists where everyone adds a bit till we get to the end? Well how about we do a fic that way.

Someone gives a prompt and we each add a paragraph as we go along, that is if you want to play. We'd have to decide that say the 10th person would write the ending paragraph.

I know, I said it was dumb didn't I.

I thought it was kinda cute though since it would be really interesting to see what we came up with.

Oh well.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Mada
                      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                        Ok.

I came with a cute dumb idea (yes I said it)

You know how we do those lists where everyone adds a bit till we get to the end? Well how about we do a fic that way.

Someone gives a prompt and we each add a paragraph as we go along that is if you want to play. We'd have to decide that say the 10th person would write the ending paragraph.

I know, I said it was dumb didn't I.

I thought it was kinda cute though since it would be really interesting to see what we came up with.

Oh well.
                        that would be fun.

but i think we'd all have to call dibs on chapters, or we might end up with 5 chapter twos, and zero chap threes, and so on.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          that would be fun.

but i think we'd all have to call dibs on chapters, or we might end up with 5 chapter twos, and zero chap threes, and so on.
                          You're right.

**wonders if anyone else is interested.**
                          sigpic
                          sig by Mada
                          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                            You're right.

**wonders if anyone else is interested.**
                            That sounds like fun!
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I'm game! Count me in!

Comment

Me too!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X