Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    Yep...I'm back. Thanks for all the birthday greetings, lovely people! I had such a great birthday weekend that I'm just now making it back to the thread.

Welcome, Stella!!!

Welcome, PAMDILL!!!

Welcome, Fluffy17!!!

Welcome, pointoforigin!!!

Welcome!!
    sigpic

Comment

Where is everyone??

Favorite kiss

sigpic

Comment

My favorite episode

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
          I found it. It was RDA saying he was kicked out of the boy scouts for farting in a meeting.

This was posted in 2008 -
          http://x17online.com/celebrities/wha...t-06232008.php
          Ooohhh I *think* I never saw this one before! Thanks for the link it was nice to see/listen

As for Jack and boys scout; nope can't see him in it. He would be trying to break the rules all the time and make pranks on other boys...

I could see Sam in the girl scouts but on the other hand I do think she would have prefered to stay home and work on some scientific school projects instead...still it would be possible!

I'm here...for now...

I love animation of that kiss

And it moves!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Uh, wait a minute, favorite kiss??

Hmmmmm, yessss!!
            sigpic

Comment

and it mooooooves...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Aghhhhhhh, where did you come from starlover??

Yes, much better, it moves
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                  Aghhhhhhh, where did you come from starlover??

Yes, much better, it moves
                  From the deepest part of the gutter?

I like it when he it moves!

I'm sure Sam prefers him it moving too
                  sigpic

Comment

*giggles* yes, I'm sure too
                    sigpic

Comment

Comment

all this gutter...let's move to something more innocent...

like...fishing

*disclaimer none of these gifs are made by me.
                        sigpic

Comment

all this gutter...let's move to something more innocent...

like...fishing

Spoiler:
                          You forget, however, how many things move whilst people are fishing. . .
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            You forget, however, how many things move whilst people are fishing. . .
                            I know...

Fishing ain't innocent at all....

the same as I'm saying that I'm innocent for years but aren't really innocent at all...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              Having a son in the Boy Scouts currently and having been the little sister of three Boy Scouts, I can't see Jack being a very good Scout. Too--group-y. I don't know, I can't really explain it other than the Boy Scouts really frown on killing people, and Jack kind of excelled in that area. Besides, can you see him wearing that uniform? The green shorts with the little red tufts on the knees? And checking off merit badges? And the religious aspect. . .

I hate to say it, but I just see him as more of a rabble rouser, sent to the military to calm him down, rather than someone who aspired for the merit and honor and glory.
                              I tend to agree with this. In my experience (which granted, is limited), Special Ops guys tend to have relatively rebellious pasts (not necessarily 'criminal', but borderline...) because, as you say, effectively they're trained government criminals. I'm not sure Jack would have necessarily been a rabble rouser, but I can see his having had sort of an aptitude for violence - a ruthlessness when doing what he perceived had to be done regardless of the cost - which, along with a moral code, an underlying love of home and country, and a certain craving for speed and excitement led him to direct his 'talents' towards serving his country in the Air Force and, specifically, in it's special ops units.

I've met quite a few special ops guys, and know even more second hand, and few of them were 'Boy Scouts' by nature (this is my primary problem with Bones, btw and OT ). They typically don't work and play well with others.... the government didn't twist them into criminals and assassins but allowed them to find a productive and socially acceptable outlet for innate criminal abilities they'd already had.

Though... I can see Jack being a Boy Scout if he'd wanted for years to be in the Air Force and had the foresight to realize being an Eagle Scout was a great help in applying for the Academy. But that wouldn't be because of his love of joining up and following an organization's rules but would go back to that sort of ability to do whatever it takes (joining the Boy Scouts) to accomplish his goals.

In contrast, for example, I can totally see Cam Mitchell as a Boy Scout. He seems very keen on the whole reward and progression aspect of Military Life and he was initially a pilot (which tends to be all speed and glory) and not special ops.

BTW, OT on Cameron Mitchell:
                              Spoiler:
                              I may be behind the power curve on this, but I just googled Cameron Mitchell and discovered there's a real Cameron Mitchell who started out during WWII as an Army Air Forces Bombardier but who became an actor and married a Canadian and whose kids have dual citizenship, one of whom is also an actor named Cameron Mitchell. Coincidence? I'd be surprised...

Comment

I know...

Fishing ain't innocent at all....

the same as I'm saying that I'm innocent for years but aren't really innocent at all...
                                That's a special tactic, to deceive mods
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X