Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Like me. Happily hitched. But I do have a list (does anyone else remember that episode of Friends?). And there are five guys on it. All of my friends have a list, too. Luckily, not many of the men on our lists overlap. Colonel O'Neill is on my list, though, and not necessarily RDA. Does that make sense?
    It makes perfect sense.

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
    CONFIRMATION!

I just had to say that.

*Hugs family*
    *Hugs Sam an Jack*
    *Hugs lurkers*
    *Hugs everyone in the whole wide world*

*Sneaks out*
    Iz smiling after Valerie's random hugging

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Twi olympics are till next Sunday, I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

200; I love that episode. It's funny, it has action, some "romance" and teamyness Awesome.

*waits till speed skating starts again*

I think we should name that Grace kiss the Bermuda gif because I get lost in it all the time.

At least 5 minutes of staring.

First I just look at the mouths at work.

When it replays I look at the heads vying for position

Replay: I look at the hand movements

Replay: I have to watch Jack only

Replay: I have to watch Sam only

Replay: I wonder what happened after they yelled 'Cut'

Replay: How do these actors do this and return to life as usual.

Replay: I look at the mouths at work

Replay: I look at the heads vying for position

Replay:

Oh! You get the idea!

Now I've got this rectangular box burned into my retinas.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Gutter? Stargate?

Where?

I wanna see now!

If only I was rich and could make 'em make that movie NOW!
    If only.

I can only imagine the gutter we'd get?
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      It's called SGU. . . :/

So a little Sam/Jack moment in it shouldn't be out of place. . . LOL!
      *snort*

It shouldn't...but still...

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      I was thinking Grace. And that cat ate the bird look Sam had in S 9... and the fishing at the end of Threads... and the kiss in Moebius...

It's like a good scary movie, less is more... I mean with S/J I'll take more if they're offering...
      Grace? Squee!

Fishing *stares*

birdy... *giggles*

I don't like scary movies! I prefer some more gutter in my angst.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

I think we should name that Grace kiss the Bermuda gif because I get lost in it all the time.

At least 5 minutes of staring.

First I just look at the mouths at work.

When it replays I look at the heads vying for position

Replay: I look at the hand movements

Replay: I have to watch Jack only

Replay: I have to watch Sam only

Replay: I wonder what happened after they yelled 'Cut'

Replay: How do these actors do this and return to life as usual.

Replay: I look at the mouths at work

Replay: I look at the heads vying for position

Replay:

Oh! You get the idea!

Now I've got this rectangular box burned into my retinas.

and no, i'm not obsessed and stare at the kiss like that! really!

*stares at kiss. is memorized.... *
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I love Joel's line in Mystery Science Theater 3000 (after Croooooow and Servo comment they hate the way the movie ended and it filled them with rage...)

"Well, you can rewrite the ending."
          "We can?"
          "Sure - it's fiction. You don't have to accept the way it ended."

At that point Tom Servo and Croooow start talking about dinosaurs roaming... but the movie was a drama not sci-fi...

And pygmies...

I think there was a point to this... something about Sam and Jack being soooooo married

Comment

I love Joel's line in Mystery Science Theater 3000 (after Croooooow and Servo comment they hate the way the movie ended and it filled them with rage...)

"Well, you can rewrite the ending."
            "We can?"
            "Sure - it's fiction. You don't have to accept the way it ended."

At that point Tom Servo and Croooow start talking about dinosaurs roaming... but the movie was a drama not sci-fi...
            Bad movie OT:

Spoiler:
            I thought I was the only person who watched this show!!!! Did you ever see Santa Claus VS the Martians? Oh, and if you ever want REALLY REALLY REALLY bad sci fi (and it has the doctor from Star Trek in it!) rent "Night of the Lepus". I don't know if MST 3000 did that movie, but I caught it during a moment of pregnancy insomnia, and laughed so hard I thought my water broke.
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Bad movie OT:

Spoiler:
              I thought I was the only person who watched this show!!!! Did you ever see Santa Claus VS the Martians? Oh, and if you ever want REALLY REALLY REALLY bad sci fi (and it has the doctor from Star Trek in it!) rent "Night of the Lepus". I don't know if MST 3000 did that movie, but I caught it during a moment of pregnancy insomnia, and laughed so hard I thought my water broke.
              MST3K OT

Spoiler:
              In high school my friends and I got together on Saturday mornings to watch it (uh, we were nerds... we also played the loudest game of chess you'd ever heard on Friday nights...) - Netflix has a bunch of them for "instant play". I've heard of the one you're talking about but I don't remember watching it. I'll keep my eyes out

Comment

Like me. Happily hitched. But I do have a list (does anyone else remember that episode of Friends?). And there are five guys on it. All of my friends have a list, too. Luckily, not many of the men on our lists overlap. Colonel O'Neill is on my list, though, and not necessarily RDA. Does that make sense?
                It does to me. I love the character of Colonel O'Neill!
                sigpic
                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

and no, i'm not obsessed and stare at the kiss like that! really!

*stares at kiss. is memorized.... *
                  Right.

Completely believing you right now Sally *while watching you stare at the gif*

**before sitting beside you to begin my staring again**
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I've never thought of her as being all that repressed a person throughout the series; it's just been because of being military and surrounded by mainly men that she held back emotionally. If she'd been a civilian and in other circumstances, I'm pretty sure she'd have been a more "huggy" (is that a word?) person.
                    That's exactly it, though. She held back because she was military. As she told Daniel in Singularity, she was supposed to remain detached emotionally from Cassie because she was an Air Force officer. Ultimately, obviously, she was unable to do it precisely because detachment isn't her default personality, it's a personal she takes on and tries to fill as an Air Force Officer.

Yet, in Search and Rescue (and this is just an example of her overall attitude after S8) she's not afraid to show she's not detached - to express her compassion and concern for others openly. She no longer cares what people think - she's no longer concerned about maintaining the detachment she believed she needed to have as an officer. It's not simply the touching itself that was important but the ease and comfort with which she expresses her emotions after S8. I always sense a degree of hesitation and almost guilt before then whenever she openly admits emotions.. she only does it in extremes and then often tries to hide it (crying in the locker room in Paradise Lost) and is almost apologetic about it if called on it. After S8, There's a certain "This is me, take it or leave it I don't care" about her which suggests - to me - she's no longer trying to fit herself into the role she's in but is accepting she is simply who she is.

Or, as I've said before, she's achieved Grace
                    Last edited by JenniferJF; 20 February 2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I have to agree and . . . disagree. . .

It was hysterically funny but really out of character.
                      I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt it was out of character It seemed more like a caricature of SG1 than the real characters.

But that's just MHO, of course. I know for some reason I'm a LOT pickier about what I consider 'in character' than most people are.
                      Last edited by JenniferJF; 20 February 2010, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I have to agree and . . . disagree. . .

It was hysterically funny but really out of character.
                        Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                        I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt it was out of character It seemed more like a caricature of SG1 than the real characters.

But that's just MHO, of course. I know for some reason I'm a LOT pickier about what I consider 'in character' than most people are.
                        I agree, it was out of character to me too. I couldn't even read the whole thing. That is just MHO as well. They were off. *back to lurking*

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                          I agree, it was out of character to me too. I couldn't even read the whole thing. That is just MHO as well. They were off. *back to lurking*
                          me neither... And I was feeling rather out of place about it lol.

But I don't see Jack as being truly childish. I think he uses childishness as a cover for his own deeper emotions to hide his vulnerability and to protect himself from pain, and I think that's why I had trouble buying the initial premise.

Comment

: Is it hot in here, or is it just you?

: Do you believe in love at first sight, or shall I walk by again?

*topples over from lameness *

Comment

Is it hot in here, or is it just you?

: Do you believe in love at first sight, or shall I walk by again?

*topples over from lameness *
                              not lame--cute. and did you notice that in both of those pics she's STARING at his mouth? Could she be thinking about something--like--i don't know. . . ??????
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

I have a sig! I have a sig!

Thanks Pol!!!!!!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment