• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    A bit OT:

Spoiler:
    You are correct. RDA and Apryl broke up in about 2001-2002 (after about 4 years together) and Apryl married for the first time last summer or the one before.

In reading a lot of the recent posts, there've been comments about how Sam put her arm around the injured airman in the gateroom in "Search & Rescue" and how (if I'm interpreting correctly) comfortable with herself she would have to be in order to do that. Somehow I don't agree with that. There've been numerous times throughout the series where she touched or hugged somebody in the SGC and didn't seem at all uncomfortable doing so.

Many times she touched Jack when he was injured. She hugged Daniel in the gateroom when he came back from the dead in "Serpent's Lair". She's hugged Teal'c a time or two. She's hugged Hammond at least twice that I can think of. Even though he's her father, she never appeared uncomfortable hugging Jacob at the SGC. She even kissed McKay on the cheek in a corridor at the SGC. I'm pretty sure she's at least patted several people on the arm or shoulder in a comforting sort of way. Not that there was anyone else to do it, but she's the one holding and comforting the dying Lt. Elliott in "Last Stand". She was the one sort of cradling and holding an injured Reynolds in "Evolution". She hugged Jonas Quinn when he left at the end of "Homecoming". I think she probably didn't do it more often simply because of being military and realizing what people would have thought of her and why she was doing it rather than her being uncomfortable with herself in any way. I've never thought of her as being all that repressed a person throughout the series; it's just been because of being military and surrounded by mainly men that she held back emotionally. If she'd been a civilian and in other circumstances, I'm pretty sure she'd have been a more "huggy" (is that a word?) person.
    You're right. Not to mention Sam being a woman, if she was too touchy feely, some guys could have chosen to take it the wrong way. Cause let's face it, Jack and Felger would not have been the only ones who noticed Sam's georgeousness *yes it's a word*

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    Wow, you have definitely improved. Nice job on the John and Teyla sig.
    Loveeeee your sig Trek.

Sam's expression, if she'd ever looked at Jack like that during the first eight years.

I don't know that we'd still be looking for that 'shall we say romantic scene'

I'm just sayin'
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Can anyone rec a S/J 'drabble' page.

I know. I know. But it's all it seems I'm able to do at the moment.

It's a phase.
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        :::sigh:::

I *love* this thread. Truly.

Where else on Earth can I come and have thoughtful, considerate, and really in-depth discussions about 42-44 minutes of entertainment that happened, literally, years ago.

Yup. Love it here.

Honestly.

Just...voicing my love.

(Please note, there was not a single ounce of sarcasm in the above post. I really mean it.)
        Which is something that definitely need clarifying with a bunch of us Brits about.

Episode 200? Love it. Start to finish. Simple as. Yes it is a massive great big in-joke poke and themseleves / us. RCC even says so "If in the end, we're the only ones who really enjoyed the show, then we (succeeded) in what we set out to do." (followed by the qualifier that he hoped the fans enjoy it too.)
        And in case you're wondering, that was taken from the behind the scenes DVD extra which, for this episode in particular, is just wonderful, if only for RDA dressed head to toe in a green suit playing himself pretending not to be there (which, IMO is a hugely funny in joke), "donkey face" and an couple of cute moments that I wish I could get a decent screen cap of. Oh and there's also an explanation as to why Vala was Dorothy, which makes it make sense (even though I would have preferred to see Sam as Dorothy myself. )

I can't fangurl the DVD extras enough you know.

*ahem*

I love the wedding scene because it's such a parody. I never ever expected them to show us an actual wedding. Come on, how many times is that actually done? In all my "ships" (and I've had a few over the years) I've seen it once (Riker/Troi Star Trek TNG) and that was long after the series ended in one of the movies and lasted all of about two minutes. I think Lois and Clark did it in series as an ongoing plot but then, Lois and Clark, by nature of their conception, were a romantic paring from the off.
        So, I think a wedding, to TPTB represents the absolute extreme of the desires of shippers; the one that not all shippers want (I certainly don't). So it makes sense if they are going to parody the whole shipper thing, they will go for it full on. Frankly, I'd have been a lot more "affronted" I've they'd done some kind of skit or parody along the lines of, say the events that occured Threads or Divide & Conquer. Because then I really would think they had no respect for the ship.

So yes, the wedding scene is the exact opposite of what most of us would imagine a Sam/Jack wedding would be. And that's why it's funny.

*goes back to being utterly engrossed in the curling*
        sigpic

Comment

Episode 200? Love it. Start to finish. Simple as. Yes it is a massive great big in-joke poke and themseleves / us. RCC even says so "If in the end, we're the only ones who really enjoyed the show, then we (succeeded) in what we set out to do." (followed by the qualifier that he hoped the fans enjoy it too.)
          I'm a pro-200, as well. I also loved the prequel with Marty, and two of my favorite episodes are "The Other Guys" and "Avenger". I also LOVED Citizen Joe--so much so that I included him in a fic. I guess I really love the episodes where they get to see "the other side"--the real people side, so to speak. I could watch these eps all the time!
          Spoiler:
          You are correct. RDA and Apryl broke up in about 2001-2002 (after about 4 years together) and Apryl married for the first time last summer or the one before.

So he's single?
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

So he's single?

Ohhh get to the back of a very long queue, hun!
            sigpic

Comment

200 doesn't make me feel one way or the other. I enjoy seeing RDA and there's a lot of humor. :: shrugs ::

Cags - I also adore the special features!

Comment

It (and by "it" I mean our resolution/confirmation) will happen. I am 100% certain. Just..."how" is the issue. SG1-3, SGU...who cares? Confirmation is confirmation.
                as i said before, at this time for me, i'll take the sam/jack confirmation any way i can get it!!

but if it ends up on sgu, PLEASE let it be a physical confirmation of their togetherness, not just an off-handed comment! 13 years of waiting 'does' build up some desires of expectations.

~Sam/Jack CONFIRMATION~
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh. My. God.

Sorry for the double post, but I have to rec this. I have not laughed so hard at a fic...well, ever. This is a brilliant piece of comedic writing and should stand (minor grammar issues aside) as a model for anyone who wants to write smooth, witty dialogue.

The Nature of Best Friends.

When you read this and laugh (and you will), please take a moment to review. This kind of writing should be rewarded and encouraged.

/gushing off now
                  I have to agree and . . . disagree. . .

It was hysterically funny but really out of character.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                    200 doesn't make me feel one way or the other. I enjoy seeing RDA and there's a lot of humor. :: shrugs ::

Cags - I also adore the special features!
                    Thats sort of how i feel about 200. i think it was a good episode, especially if you're a loyal fan of the show and could understand all the jokes that poked fun at virtually everybody! And, of course, seeing RDA is always very nice

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    as i said before, at this time for me, i'll take the sam/jack confirmation any way i can get it!!

but if it ends up on sgu, PLEASE let it be a physical confirmation of their togetherness, not just an off-handed comment! 13 years of waiting 'does' build up some desires of expectations.

~Sam/Jack CONFIRMATION~
                    I completely agree with you! After all these years, to me, the least TPTB could do is give us solid confirmation of Sam and Jack, not just offhand comments about Sam "not exactly" being single. And if it comes on SGU then, based on what ive seen of that show, actual physical confirmation of any sort would not be that outrageous
                    sigpic
                    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

It (and by "it" I mean our resolution/confirmation) will happen. I am 100% certain. Just..."how" is the issue. SG1-3, SGU...who cares? Confirmation is confirmation.
                      I agree. We'll get it. I believe.

I think its FAR more appropriate for the SG-1 movie but if that never gets made, I'd like to see it hinted at in SGU; which is a more character/relationship focused show so it wouldn't really be that much of a stretch.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        I agree. We'll get it. I believe.

I think its FAR more appropriate for the SG-1 movie but if that never gets made, I'd like to see it hinted at in SGU; which is a more character/relationship focused show so it wouldn't really be that much of a stretch.
                        hinted at, though? i'd like something overt, not subtle...
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                          Where else can I get reasons for making myself watch seasons 9 & 10, which are actually turning out to be ok. Sam is so comfortable with herself, so obviously happy in her private life, and thanks to this thread I just know who's she's happy with even if we can't see him!

I just wish I could reply faster to all those in-depth things that are written & I agree with!!!

Don't worry. I can't comment fast enough either Jack is in a few episodes in Season's 9 and 10. The Shroud is the best. . . and his comfort level with Sam just screams RTS!

Curling! LOL! I'm sitting here utterly engrossed in this game I don't understand, too! LOL! Depressed there's no hockey being aired despite it being on the online schedule. Meh.
                          sigpic

Comment

I have to agree and . . . disagree. . .

It was hysterically funny but really out of character.
                            Really? Wow. That surprises me. I thought...okay, maybe Sam was a bit OOC, but overall? I could absolutely see this happening.

Hmmm *Peers over at Tammy*. Hmm.

Edit: I just cannot turn away from the curling! What is it with that sport! Though, hearing a cute young woman bellowing "Reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy Hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddd" is a bit disconcerting. And gutter-inducing.
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              Ohhh get to the back of a very long queue, hun!
                              LOL! Half of the women in that queue are married anyway. . . so it really is shorter than it looks! LOL!
                              sigpic

Comment

LOL! Half of the women in that queue are married anyway. . . so it really is shorter than it looks! LOL!
                                And also, well... never mind.

Ah...

Yeah.

Edit: Curling. Wooohoo! (RE: Results)
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X