Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Don't feel bad. After you posted that, I scoured the internet trying to find "that" photo as well. Either it's hidden in the furtherest reaches of time and space, or we're suffering from a contagious delusion...
    Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
    Might be a delusion from my part. Someone posted a picture on twitter and in the picture, their hands are close, but there is no handholding (not even attempted). Maybe my mind remembered handholding because their hands are almost touching.
    But in my head, I "remember" the exact same thing! A pic of them in the cages reaching out to one another... I'm so confused...
    Either we both remember it wrong... or there is a third picture... *cue X-Files theme*...
    It's the Mandela Effect...

...and bringing up X-Files makes me want to say that watching the new seasons of X-Files just left me wanting new seasons of SG-1. Adjusting to the actor's physical changes after being off air for a while took some getting used to, but season 2 really started to click, and the characters were still...them... you know? I would LOVE to see an attempt at a brief new series (I think X-Files did 6-8 episodes per season on the last 2): Sam as the CO of Stargate Command, and sending out new teams. In my version, it would confirm S/J are together and we would get to see it.

Yes. But what happened with Replicarter is deeply connected with Sam « betraying » Fifth way back then. Sam seems to believe her double learned deception from what Fifth perceived Sam to be like after they/she left him behind.

Sam seems to think it’s her fault, even if she had to follow Jack’s lead because he was the leader.

I think she must be blaming herself because she was the one who promised something to Fifth without knowing if she could furfill that promise (and technically, based on her position, taking this decision before having the chance to talk with Jack first was probably a pretty careless move... but she was isolated in Fifth’s mind and she probably felt she had to find something on the spot so they could have a chance to escape... maybe she would have taken Fifth along if Jack hadn’t been the leader, or if she wasn’t military... her, Daniel, Jonas... they were a lot less hostile to replicators than Jack was... who always believed they were nothing but souless murder tools... the end of the Reese episode showed us this too... Daniel was incredibly angry when Jack shot Reese... to the point of calling Jack names).

In a way, Jack allowing Replicarter in was the opposite situation. He allowed Sam to work with her. He probably fought against himself/his instincts as he did so (and maybe he did because it was about Sam... like I said, it’s probable he feels guilty too). And in the end, it ended badly too.
    Yeah...isn't it always? He does things for her that he would never do for anyone else.
    Best example: accepting the blending with Kanan in Frozen/Abyss.
    I see "I love you" in every action. I'm lost to this ship, guys.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

"Jack...please..."
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        Yeah...isn't it always? He does things for her that he would never do for anyone else.
        Best example: accepting the blending with Kanan in Frozen/Abyss.
        I see "I love you" in every action. I'm lost to this ship, guys.
        *sigh* Me too.

Even when I find other shows and other couples that I like, no one ...*no one* ever compares to this ship. They are untouchable!
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

*sigh* Me too.

Even when I find other shows and other couples that I like, no one ...*no one* ever compares to this ship. They are untouchable!
          Same here. There is no other show this attractive for me, all because of Sam and Jack. I simply do not see anything like these two in other shows. Sam and Jack are my happy place and my quiet joy.

Comment

Somebody.

PLEASE!

Make a S/J video of this for me. It's playing repeat in my head and NOBODY has made a vid for them of this song!

ugh
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
              THIS HUG???!!!

YES! I'm squeeing so hard right now. I love that hug so much.
              sigpic
              Sig made by Nola
              Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                YES! I'm squeeing so hard right now. I love that hug so much.
                The look he shoots the doctor/therapist is murderous IMO.
                It gets me every time.

**and this scene should be included in the "I FOUND LOVE" video I mentioned above**
                Last edited by SaraBahama; 28 May 2018, 10:35 AM. Reason: add a thought
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Please keep our faithful member, hedwig, in your prayers, as she's recovering from an injury. I posted in the Shipper Lounge, but wanted to add her in case most of you don't visit the lounge. Thanks.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Just giving a head's up: the Sam & Jack Multimedia Awards' nomination period ends by the end of the month! Click below to go directly to the nomination page to nominate your favorite fanart, (complete) fanfiction and/or fanvids (created after October 16, 2016):

The categories are listed on the page (you can tick their boxes) but they're also listed here and you can find the rules here.

Oh and the special category, Challenge Response, is also open for the same period. You can submit your own creations here. The prompts are listed here.

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Hey, everyone !
                      I know it’s nothing but a sketch/WIP but i wanted to share anyway :

https://twitter.com/juliemarierd/sta...589432837?s=21

https://radicaldreamerart.tumblr.com...ent-sg1-shippy

I have been battling months of art block (related to my own health issues). But these two can be motivational to hold a pencil again.
                      My Tumblr.
                      My Tumblr Art Blog.
                      My Deviantart page.

Comment

Nice! Can't wait to see the finished product.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                          Nice! Can't wait to see the finished product.
                          Thanks ! I probably won’t be able to color for a bit but i’m planning to ink it at the very least. And maybe do others based on various pictures (and modify details to fit the drawing I want... it’s a bit like doing photo manips lol... I feel the drawing medium is a blessing as you can avoid the « uncanny valley » effect... especially if you avoid going too far into photorealism... with photo manips, it’s more difficult).

Like I said on twitter, these two intimidated me for years. So I never really used references before, just going by memory alone. But I realized I missed some level of accuracy, especially when drawing Sam. I mean... i’m not aiming for photorealistic art, but I want to get them as right as possible.
                          It’s like with fanfics really. More accurate characterization/dialogue leads to more feels.

Edit :

I have been reading someone reviewing the series on tumblr (who is turning out to dislike the ship... sigh), and I realized something about the episode Scorched Earth (season 4).

Jack made it an order for Sam to make the bomb. But the thing is... Jack was disobeying a direct order from Hammond here. But couldn’t Sam refuse his order ? She obviously disagreed with his plan. Did the show expect Jack’s order to trump Hammond’s for Sam ? She wouldn’t have made this bomb if he didn’t order her to do it, apparently. But... she disobeyed orders (from Jack too) before and after when she felt it was wrong. Why didn’t she here ? Especially as Jack was disobeying a superior’s order, the boss of the base they both work for.

Turns out Daniel ended up following orders better than both of them in this episode :/ ...
                          Last edited by RadicalDreamer; 30 May 2018, 04:00 PM.
                          My Tumblr.
                          My Tumblr Art Blog.
                          My Deviantart page.

Comment

*sneaks in*

*leaves a new vid*

sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                              *sneaks in*

*leaves a new vid*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SjzRQDkS8

Fridge locked at the moment.
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

**Dangles this in front of XFChemist***

Somebody.

PLEASE!

Make a S/J video of this for me. It's playing repeat in my head and NOBODY has made a vid for them of this song!

sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X