Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    The sad thing is that, since this is all happening in her head, she essentially talks herself into moving on from Jack. She takes that argument of him being a "safe bet" as a reason for her to think that somehow, her relationship with Jack would be settling for something, rather than realizing that he's a "safe bet" because they're so perfect for each other. Sometimes, the most obvious choice is obvious because it's right, and not because it's settling for mediocrity. Sam doesn't understand that until her father is dying and she's about to marry Pete, and all of a sudden, she knows with certainty that she's supposed to be with Jack rather than anyone else.
    Yeah, that's what I've said few days ago. She completely misunderstood her Dad and Jack in her imagination. But I guess it's just normal in her situation. A woman in the middle of her 30s, in love with a man she can't have, it's quite usual that you're looking for alternatives if you won't end up alone. And so she was looking for excuses to move on from Jack. And he just wanted her to be happy.

But the moment in the elevator, when she was humming and Jack asked her who the guy is, when she told him about Pete, you could see his anger and disappointment about all that.

Thank god, that she became aware of her mistakes. But after all I'm so sorry about Jacobs death. He was a good guy. Jack and Jacob have been good together. At least, Jacob was aware of the situation between his daughter and Jack.
    Better means, BETTER, STRONGER, FASTER

Comment

Originally posted by KathaGermany View Post
      Yeah, that's what I've said few days ago. She completely misunderstood her Dad and Jack in her imagination. But I guess it's just normal in her situation. A woman in the middle of her 30s, in love with a man she can't have, it's quite usual that you're looking for alternatives if you won't end up alone. And so she was looking for excuses to move on from Jack. And he just wanted her to be happy.

But the moment in the elevator, when she was humming and Jack asked her who the guy is, when she told him about Pete, you could see his anger and disappointment about all that.

Thank god, that she became aware of her mistakes. But after all I'm so sorry about Jacobs death. He was a good guy. Jack and Jacob have been good together. At least, Jacob was aware of the situation between his daughter and Jack.
      And even more importantly, he approved of it. Sam would have to have been an idiot not to know how much her father wanted her to find true happiness, and not to settle for something/someone who merely would have been expedient or convenient.

I don't know if you're into fanfic, but I wrote a story that dealt with this entire section of time (it starts at "Heroes" and ends with "Moebius") where I explored how Jack was feeling during the Pete relationship, and all of those other events. I found it cathartic to try to figure out how he dealt with it. Jack tried to move on, too. I think that he did it only because Sam did. He figured that she'd given up hope, and so he would try to find some sort of happiness, too. But while that season was going (I watched those seasons in real time as they first aired), it was heart wrenching to watch. And to make it worse--there's no real resolution. It felt SO good to give them some sort of resolution in my head while I was writing it. Thank heavens for fanfic! (Although the translation issue would be difficult. . .)

Anyhow, because the show never gave us that resolution, I was really happy to find fanfic.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Episodes of the Week

Scorched Earth

Beneath the Surface
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          And even more importantly, he approved of it. Sam would have to have been an idiot not to know how much her father wanted her to find true happiness, and not to settle for something/someone who merely would have been expedient or convenient.

I don't know if you're into fanfic, but I wrote a story that dealt with this entire section of time (it starts at "Heroes" and ends with "Moebius") where I explored how Jack was feeling during the Pete relationship, and all of those other events. I found it cathartic to try to figure out how he dealt with it. Jack tried to move on, too. I think that he did it only because Sam did. He figured that she'd given up hope, and so he would try to find some sort of happiness, too. But while that season was going (I watched those seasons in real time as they first aired), it was heart wrenching to watch. And to make it worse--there's no real resolution. It felt SO good to give them some sort of resolution in my head while I was writing it. Thank heavens for fanfic! (Although the translation issue would be difficult. . .)

Anyhow, because the show never gave us that resolution, I was really happy to find fanfic.
          I love fanfiv and I't love to your fanfic. I read them in english, can understand them with no problems. Reading is much easier than writing your thoughts

But in my opinion there was a resolution, not that obvious and maybe a small step.
          They both broke up their relationships, as a first step, Jack told her he will always be there for her, sitting close together at his cabin.
          And all the small exchanges. In Moebius, at the briefing, Sam handed him a paper and he took it from her with his hands over hers, for a short moment. Did you notice?
          And after that, the moment in Daniels Lab, they were standing so extremely close together.
          Then the way he told her "You got some packing to do..." all this little exchanges.
          Sure, they're not in a safe relationship after the end of Season 8 and I didn't watch any episode after that, but the picture of him she brought to atlantis (?).
          And a scene in at Atlantis which was never published, Sam and who ever it was are talking about relationships and Sam was asked if she is single. And she answered "not really" and then described that it's difficult, because he's in Washington but going to retire.
          Never seen on screen, sure, but it's produced.

And for sure, the whole Kerry disaster was just because he wanted to move on. Get some release, maybe.

And of course the 3rd film was supposed to give us THE real resolution.

So, for me, it's some kinda resolution. Small signs, and not that obvious, but I like ist. Call me nuts, but that's the way I see ist

Comment

Challenge #124
            Valentines

Copter

JadedWraith

slizzie

sigpic
            Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Art Challenge #125

This week our prompt is: Transportation. Ships, Planes, Trains, Automobles, Rings, Gates, Tadris... Whatever tickles your fancy. You can either use just the vechiles or show your charcter in/with them. We'll even except flying superheros.

Please PM me your entries by noon on the 20th.
              sigpic
              Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

I was just wondering if we are doing the Valenship this year?

I'm just asking because I forgot about the Shipmas last year which makes it the second year in a row that I missed it.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Heard this on the radio and immediately thought about Jack and Sam going to some party in D.C., and his perspective:

"I'm just the guy with the girl..."
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Question: So I was watching "Orpheus" yesterday, which is an episode I don't normally frequent, but during the scene where Teal'c is being whipped and Jack can only watch and order everyone else not to do anything, I just had to wonder, is that still how Jack would have reacted if it were Sam?

In general, I think both Sam and Jack do a good job of conceling their feelings when they're in dangerous situations, but I just don't know if Jack "not-a-chance-in-hell" O'Neill would be able to sit back and listen as Sam was being whipped and tortured. But then of course, the only alternative is risking the mission and the lives' of all his men in order to rescue her.

Either way, it's a deep trip into the angst cavern, which is where I like to reside, but I'm curious as to how the rest of you think that situation would play out?
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                      Question: So I was watching "Orpheus" yesterday, which is an episode I don't normally frequent, but during the scene where Teal'c is being whipped and Jack can only watch and order everyone else not to do anything, I just had to wonder, is that still how Jack would have reacted if it were Sam?

In general, I think both Sam and Jack do a good job of conceling their feelings when they're in dangerous situations, but I just don't know if Jack "not-a-chance-in-hell" O'Neill would be able to sit back and listen as Sam was being whipped and tortured. But then of course, the only alternative is risking the mission and the lives' of all his men in order to rescue her.

Either way, it's a deep trip into the angst cavern, which is where I like to reside, but I'm curious as to how the rest of you think that situation would play out?
                      That's not easy to answer but I think, first of all, Jack is a soldier and the leader of his team. Do you remember "entity"? Sure you do... Jack shot twice at Sam with the Zat. And he did know, that this could be her dead. And he did that because of the security of the whole base. Sam was just 2nd part in his thoughts.

He never would have risked a mission or the security of other members. He did it only in "Upgrades", risk his life because Sam was holding back by this security shield. And no other life was at stake in this situation.

But I think, maybe sometimes he got a special eye on her. They exchanged a lot of glances and you can see that they're worried about each other.

Another good example for the topic "O'Neill would be able to sit back and listen as Sam was being whipped and tortured..." is the episode in Season 1 "Fire and Water".
                      While Sam is hypnotized, Jack is sitting in one corner of the room. When Sam gets in trouble and screamed, that Daniel's still alive, he rushed towards her and hugged her deeply.
                      So I don't really think that he would still be in his "solidier modus" when it gets to Sam. Nevertheless I think that he would never risk a whole mission.
                      Last edited by KathaGermany; 16 February 2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Another good example for the topic "O'Neill would be able to sit back and listen as Sam was being whipped and tortured..." is the episode in Season 1 "Fire and Water".
                        While Sam is hypnotized, Jack is sitting in one corner of the room. When Sam gets in trouble and screamed, that Daniel's still alive, he rushed towards her and hugged her deeply.
                        Good point, there. But that was in the first season, when it was still new to all of them. He had a fit of anger at the memorial reception for Daniel at his house and broke Hammond's car window because of it. He started learning after that that he couldn't let his emotions rule how he felt about his teammates (even though it slipped through at times over the years), and as much as he might have wanted to again do something like that hug, he knew he couldn't risk the mission or anyone else to do anything like trying to stop something like torture.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Good point, there. But that was in the first season, when it was still new to all of them. He had a fit of anger at the memorial reception for Daniel at his house and broke Hammond's car window because of it. He started learning after that that he couldn't let his emotions rule how he felt about his teammates (even though it slipped through at times over the years), and as much as he might have wanted to again do something like that hug, he knew he couldn't risk the mission or anyone else to do anything like trying to stop something like torture.
                          I think in the field or if the security of the base or earth would be at stake, he would act like a leader and an Air Force officer should do. To act responsibly. And you can't blame him for that. Sam would do the same.

Both of them act completely responsibly. They separate their personal feelings from duty. And that's as it should be. They'd be poor officers if they'll act otherwise.
                          Know what I mean? That doesn't mean that they don't care about each other in dangerous situations.

And Jack would have never just sit back, when she needed him most, he was there for her. After Janets death, after Jacobs death. After she was tortured with the entity and after she was lost on prometheus.

But, you know, he's ass-kicking black Ops Jack He can both handle to save the world and save his love without screwing up the mission

Comment

He never would have risked a mission or the security of other members. He did it only in "Upgrades", risk his life because Sam was holding back by this security shield. And no other life was at stake in this situation.
                            Well, this episode kind of has a plothole. Jack actually couldn't leave even if he wanted to. He was trapped as much as she was. Of course, it doesn't change the fact he was ready to die with her there. That said, Teal'c and Daniel were waiting outside, also ready to die, unwilling to let their friends behind. Here again, plothole as Daniel should never have been able to leave the ship either since his power armband fell off first,

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Good point, there. But that was in the first season, when it was still new to all of them. He had a fit of anger at the memorial reception for Daniel at his house and broke Hammond's car window because of it.
                            Wasn't he and the others under some sort of "spell" (Jack even had a headache apparently) ? I remember Jack had a similar angry outburst in the episode The Light (season 4?) when Daniel almost died (and once again, their emotions were "enhanced"... by the light this time... later on, Jack and Sam even had a fight over their sexual tension, because Sam was like "I won't keep this up if we're stuck here").

I think in the field or if the security of the base or earth would be at stake, he would act like a leader and an Air Force officer should do. To act responsibly. And you can't blame him for that. Sam would do the same.

Both of them act completely responsibly. They separate their personal feelings from duty. And that's as it should be. They'd be poor officers if they'll act otherwise.
                            True, That said, they did sometimes let their feelings get the better of them. Sam, more than Jack, had a tendency to leave her spot on the battlefield when Jack was hurt... up to season 7's Heroes. She also refused to let Jack be tortured in The Sentinel and acted against his orders. Jack also let himself be captured in Metamorphosis, when Niirti used Sam as bait. And, talking about Entity, Jack threatened to destroy an entire planet to have Sam back. But in general, they did act for the greatest good, no matter how much it hurt.

Side note, my keyboard suddenly switched the letters. It's highly inconvenient. Is there a way to undo that?
                            My Tumblr.
                            My Tumblr Art Blog.
                            My Deviantart page.

Comment

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
                              Well, this episode kind of has a plothole. Jack actually couldn't leave even if he wanted to. He was trapped as much as she was. Of course, it doesn't change the fact he was ready to die with her there. That said, Teal'c and Daniel were waiting outside, also ready to die, unwilling to let their friends behind. Here again, plothole as Daniel should never have been able to leave the ship either since his power armband fell off first,

Wasn't he and the others under some sort of "spell" (Jack even had a headache apparently) ? I remember Jack had a similar angry outburst in the episode The Light (season 4?) when Daniel almost died (and once again, their emotions were "enhanced"... by the light this time... later on, Jack and Sam even had a fight over their sexual tension, because Sam was like "I won't keep this up if we're stuck here").

True, That said, they did sometimes let their feelings get the better of them. Sam, more than Jack, had a tendency to leave her spot on the battlefield when Jack was hurt... up to season 7's Heroes. She also refused to let Jack be tortured in The Sentinel and acted against his orders. Jack also let himself be captured in Metamorphosis, when Niirti used Sam as bait. And, talking about Entity, Jack threatened to destroy an entire planet to have Sam back. But in general, they did act for the greatest good, no matter how much it hurt.

Side note, my keyboard suddenly switched the letters. It's highly inconvenient. Is there a way to undo that?
                              Do you think Jack was trapped as well?
                              I guess he was free to go because there were no more shields on his way. And Sam said to him "Go". So I think it was the last one, between those two.

And why Daniel was already outside, don't know...

By the way, the producers wanted us to show a lot more about Sam and Jack in different episodes, but Rick and Amanda wanted to hold the tension between them, so some of the scenes are never produced or not that obvious as they supposed to be.
                              For example the Jonah and Terah Story. Or the scene on prometheus. Rick ist a devil. Behind the scenes, he told, that Sam and Jack probably end up together, but with a little twist. And after that statement he clapped his hands, laughed out loud and said to himself "well done Rick".
                              But I love him, still

I guess he meant the last scene in Moebius when they were sitting at his cabin, before the viewer noticed, that Daniel and Teal'c appeared as well.
                              Or the kissing scene in the alternate timeline. Don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
                                True, That said, they did sometimes let their feelings get the better of them. Sam, more than Jack, had a tendency to leave her spot on the battlefield when Jack was hurt... up to season 7's Heroes. She also refused to let Jack be tortured in The Sentinel and acted against his orders.
                                In "The Sentinel", yes, Sam acted against Jack's order in lowering the shield. But she had more information at that point than he did, and knew that lowering the shield would work in their favor. She hinted at that to him when she very, very slowly said she was going to lower the shield - as though she was trying to tell him it was the correct thing to do. Jack doesn't disagree this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X