Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    If I remember correctly, Brad Wright said there was supposed to be a scene in the third movie that would imply they were in a serious relationship with each other. Sigh. Too bad we didn't get the 3rd movie.
    Yap, that's correct. He did say this. It's so sad we never had the opportunity to watch it.
    Anyway, Brad's statement makes me cheer and say huurayy
    Better means, BETTER, STRONGER, FASTER

Comment

Actually, Malozzi wrote in his blog, that in the third movie, there would be dining scene where it became obvious the are together.
      "All I can say to that is that, there’s a dinner scene in the first draft of Stargate: Revolution that made it pretty clear that Jack and Sam were, in fact, together."

I'd also like to ask, what do you think about the Ripple Effect episode, where Carter almost kisses the alternative Martouf. It doesn't make sence not only because of the O'Neill-Carter relationship, but also why would Martouf want to kiss his alternative ex-wife? To me it is one of the worst episode of the series, they are completely screwed up the relations between Carter and Frasier, Carter and O'Neill, etc. so its quite out of the way things are (and were in the past).

Comment

Originally posted by RR7 View Post
        Actually, Malozzi wrote in his blog, that in the third movie, there would be dining scene where it became obvious the are together.
        "All I can say to that is that, there’s a dinner scene in the first draft of Stargate: Revolution that made it pretty clear that Jack and Sam were, in fact, together."

I'd also like to ask, what do you think about the Ripple Effect episode, where Carter almost kisses the alternative Martouf. It doesn't make sence not only because of the O'Neill-Carter relationship, but also why would Martouf want to kiss his alternative ex-wife? To me it is one of the worst episode of the series, they are completely screwed up the relations between Carter and Frasier, Carter and O'Neill, etc. so its quite out of the way things are (and were in the past).
        Yeah, that's the statement I was talking about.

Which episode do you mean with the ripple effect?

Comment

I get the feeling that it was Sam who moved on and instigated the breakup with Martouf on that team and that he still has feelings for her.

As to why our Sam would want to kiss the alt-Martouf, I think the remnants of Jolinar surged forward within Sam, thankfully Kvasir interrupted them. You think there are S/J shippers among the Asgard and Kvasir is one of them?

Originally posted by KathaGermany View Post
          Yeah, that's the statement I was talking about.

Which episode do you mean with the ripple effect?
          In season 9 there was an episode where multiple alternative universe SG-1s arrive in our main universe, the episode was titled Ripple Effect.
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
            In season 9 there was an episode where multiple alternative universe SG-1s arrive in our main universe, the episode was titled Ripple Effect.
            Thanks for the explanation. I never watched any episode after Season 8, nor SGA,SGU or the films.

Comment

If I remember correctly, Brad Wright said there was supposed to be a scene in the third movie that would imply they were in a serious relationship with each other. Sigh. Too bad we didn't get the 3rd movie.
              There's also the deleted scene from SGA "Trio", where Sam & Jennifer are knotting the ropes & discussing Sam's mysterious 'significant other' who is "older", "is in Washington", and "ready to retire".
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                There's also the deleted scene from SGA "Trio", where Sam & Jennifer are knotting the ropes & discussing Sam's mysterious 'significant other' who is "older", "is in Washington", and "ready to retire".
                Yes. It was supposedly cut because of time constraints.

Comment

Yes. It was supposedly cut because of time constraints.
                  I've watched that scene. It's nice and totally clear, that they're kinda together. And really don't know why after all THAT scene was supposed to cut.

Comment

It was cut not because of the Carter/O'Neill mention, but because of the Keller/Ronon relationship. At that time the creators knew that Keller and McKay are gonna be together, so eventually this scene was cut because it was about something that they no longer wanted to proceed. The mention of O'Neill was collateral damage. In Atlantis (and in Universe) the whole cast of the SG-1 are no longer characters that are developing. They are basically just helping the current cast, and beside the occasional fan service, there was no point of dealing with them. Even more so, during the season 4 of Atlantis, the third movie was a reality, so the Carter/O'Neill relationship had a better chance there.
                    To be honest, I don't really care that it was cut from the episode, if you watch it, it doesn't change anything, it is not a dead end. As far as I'm concerned, its still Carter and Keller talking.

Comment

Helloooooo!!! It has been crazy in my life recently. I missed you guys!!!!

After a really long day, I came home to check FB and guess what popped up on my screen??? MegaCon in Orlando in May and GUESS WHO IS GOING TO APPEAR???? RDA!!!! I am so excited! I live an hour away! Made my whole week better!!! Yippee!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

It was cut not because of the Carter/O'Neill mention, but because of the Keller/Ronon relationship. At that time the creators knew that Keller and McKay are gonna be together, so eventually this scene was cut because it was about something that they no longer wanted to proceed. The mention of O'Neill was collateral damage. In Atlantis (and in Universe) the whole cast of the SG-1 are no longer characters that are developing. They are basically just helping the current cast, and beside the occasional fan service, there was no point of dealing with them. Even more so, during the season 4 of Atlantis, the third movie was a reality, so the Carter/O'Neill relationship had a better chance there.
                        To be honest, I don't really care that it was cut from the episode, if you watch it, it doesn't change anything, it is not a dead end. As far as I'm concerned, its still Carter and Keller talking.
                        Y

Yes, I know that it wasn't cut because of the Sam/Jack relationship. But I think you're right. SGA is not SG-1 and Sam/Jack are not the main topic of SGA.
                        But it's too bad, that we've never get the third movie.

Just for your information, I'm "off-world" the next couple days Means, I'm visiting a little ranch in the middle of nowhere.
                        Go there with my horse for many training sessions. Back on sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                          Helloooooo!!! It has been crazy in my life recently. I missed you guys!!!!

After a really long day, I came home to check FB and guess what popped up on my screen??? MegaCon in Orlando in May and GUESS WHO IS GOING TO APPEAR???? RDA!!!! I am so excited! I live an hour away! Made my whole week better!!! Yippee!!!!

Oh that's so cool. I'm very happy for you. Have so much fun there

Comment

Originally posted by KathaGermany View Post
                            I've watched that scene. It's nice and totally clear, that they're kinda together. And really don't know why after all THAT scene was supposed to cut.
                            If Joseph Mallozzi is to be believed, that's one of the reasons that scene was cut. I (and many other people) wrote to him about it and that was his answer.

Comment

HI!!!!!
                              GW friends on FB were talking about the thread, and I thought I would wander in and see what was going on.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Art Challenge #128

A day late because of GW being down yesterday. Copter will be by with last week's enteries.

This week we will be doing an icon challenge. And since I am a little sleep deprieved because my deadline for finishing my novel has come and gone (so close to being done) they'll be 'dream' themed. Make between 5 and 7 icons and make them look dream like or you could use your subject sleeping or focus on bedding, pillows etc. Whatever works for you.

Please PM me your entries by noon on the 13th. Oh and make sure to have all your icons on one background. Thanks.
                                sigpic
                                Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X