• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas... Happy Holidays!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Merry Merry Christmas! (Or Happy Whatever Holiday Suits You Best!)

A few Christmas fics for this lovely Christmas Eve:
      They're older, but if you're looking for a quick Christmas fix, here you go. . .

Angsty angst: Drifting

Fluffy with a hint of gutter: Gifted

Humorous Fluff with a tidge of angst: Secret Santa

More angsty angst: Lifelines

Thank you!!! Perfect read for tonight
      sigpic

Comment

From Enigma - if only they'd made the briefing room bigger, then they wouldn't need to sit so close

Comment

^ Great pic of them... they're touching!
          sigpic

Comment

Nice pic! Gotta take what we can, right?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
              From Enigma - if only they'd made the briefing room bigger, then they wouldn't need to sit so close

[IMG]http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/enigma-sam-jack-briefing.jpg[/]
              I can just hear the conversation:

Hammond turned the corner, nearly colliding with O'Neill.

"Jack! Slow down, Son. Where are you heading in such a hurry?"

The Colonel scratched at the stubble on his face. "I pulled an all-nighter in the Control Room. I was just heading up to shower and grab some breakfast before our meeting later this morning."

"Ah." Hammond nodded. "Well, watch your step. Someone could have been hurt."

Glancing down, Jack noticed the long rolls of paper in the General's hand. "What's with the maps, Sir?"

Hammond lifted his burden. "Maps? No, these are plans for the expansion of the Briefing Room."

"Expansion?"

"The room is truly too small for us. Whenever I have a team meeting with you folks, it always looks like you're uncomfortably squished. Just yesterday, you and Major Carter appeared to practically be sitting on top of one another."

"Oh." Taken aback, O'Neill frowned. "Well--"

"Sirs!" Footsteps accompanied the outburst. "General Hammond!"

Turning, Hammond made room for Carter. Still in civvies, it was obvious that she had just arrived on base.

"General." She stopped, facing them both, creating a little circle in the hallway. "I just spoke with Sergeant Siler, and he was telling me about the plans for enlarging the Briefing Room."

"Why, yes." The General gestured again with the hand holding the blueprints. "I think it's time to make us all a little more comfortable."

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you, Sir, but the room can't be reconfigured. I've studied this structure many times, and even though the entire place is made of steel I-beams and reinforced concrete, this precise layout is necessary in order to maintain the equal distribution of weight and reverbation patterns within the complex. While not necessarily load bearing, the walls provide a unique structural integrity necessary in maintaining the safe operation of the Stargate."

"Are you sure? The guys in Washington have been over these plans many times. The construction is due to begin any day."

"No, Sir." Carter shook her head. "Nobody knows this complex better than I do. If you move any walls, the entire thing is liable to become weakened by the vibrations of the 'Gate's functions. Even with the dampening systems we've installed, it's still a delicate balance that must be maintained precisely as it already is."

"Well, that's too bad, Major." Hammond scowled. "To be honest, I was hoping that this would be a pleasant surprise for all our teams. But since it appears that it'll be bad news, I'll call it off."

"Thank you, Sir." Sam nodded, pressing her lips together tightly. "And I apologize for my appearance. This was too important for me to wait to change out."

"It's all right, Sam. I'm just glad we found out in time." Nodding to each in turn, Hammond took his leave, pivoting and heading back down the hallway.

As he disappeared around the corner, O'Neill cast Sam a look out of the corner of his eye. "So. Equilibrium, huh?"

"And structural integrity."

"Are either of those valid reasons not to expand the Briefing Room?"

She managed to look less guilty than she was. "Ummmmm--yes?"

He edged closer to her, watching her cheeks pinken. "Do I want to ask the real reason that you just flat-out lied to your Commanding Officer?"

Bright eyes met his suspicious ones with a conspiratorial gleam that bordered on flirtatious. "Well, if they make the room larger, how would you and I play footsie?"

Biting back a smile, O'Neill ran a hand through his already tousled hair. "Good call, Major Carter."

"So, want to grab some breakfast?"

She'd taken a step forward, and he fell easily into step beside her. "I'd like nothing more."

"Oh?"

He reached out and whacked her smartly on her shoulder. "Well, considering what just happened here, I want to be around when your pants catch on fire."

Last edited by Akamaimom; 26 December 2015, 05:57 PM.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                I can just hear the conversation:

Hammond turned the corner, nearly colliding with O'Neill.

"Jack! Slow down, Son. Where are you heading in such a hurry?"

The Colonel scratched at the stubble on his face. "I pulled an all-nighter in the Control Room. I was just heading up to shower and grab some breakfast before our meeting later this morning."

"Ah." Hammond nodded. "Well, watch your step. Someone could have been hurt."

Glancing down, Jack noticed the long rolls of paper in the General's hand. "What's with the maps, Sir?"

Hammond lifted his burden. "Maps? No, these are plans for the expansion of the Briefing Room."

"Expansion?"

"The room is truly too small for us. Whenever I have a team meeting with you folks, it always looks like you're uncomfortably squished. Just yesterday, you and Major Carter appeared to practically be sitting on top of one another."

lol, can't green you but I love this story.
                You made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                  lol, can't green you but I love this story.
                  You made my day.
                  I agree - and it shows us jsut how good Sam is at technobabbling, she had me convinced as well

Comment

Cute! Thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post

Oh, hey, only just noticed this: it is one of the few times that Jack is wearing a long sleeved black shirt.

Comment

And then later in Enigma they have to spend time in that small briefing room again

Comment

*waves to Shippers*

Cute little fic

Hope all of you had a wonderful holiday!

Popped in to show off new siggy made for me by Josiane *shippy sigh*
                          sigpic

----------
                          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Finally watched Enigma today. My rose colored glasses find shippiness in the closeness of Sam and Jack to each other, when they are together... As far as the Narim kiss, I just plug my ears, close my eyes, and hum loudly until it's over....
                            sigpic

Comment

Narim is creepy, let's go on to a better episode!

Episode of the Week

Solitudes
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                                Finally watched Enigma today. My rose colored glasses find shippiness in the closeness of Sam and Jack to each other, when they are together... As far as the Narim kiss, I just plug my ears, close my eyes, and hum loudly until it's over....
                                I think of the cabin or the Grace kiss.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X