X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
    Thank you

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
    I don't think I will ever get over Jack's silly sweater and beanie combo.
    But, but... it's so him

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
    Looks awesome!
    Thank you

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Changing the ep of the week a little early because I'm not feeling well and am going to bed.
    I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you start feeling better soon!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      Changing the ep of the week a little early because I'm not feeling well and am going to bed.

Episode of the Week

Singularity
      Feel better soon
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your concern everyone! I think it was just something a good night's sleep needed to fix!

Hope that everyone else is doing well and getting ready for Shipmas!
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I'm so excited to share a little promotional artwork for my new adventure fic that should be premiering in a few weeks or so. It's a team epic with emphasis on Sam and Jack, of course!

I'm pretty pleased with it considering I have no editing experience, and I made it using Microsoft Word.
          sigpic
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

SamJackShipper93;14435242]I'm so excited to share a little promotional artwork for my new adventure fic that should be premiering in a few weeks or so. It's a team epic with emphasis on Sam and Jack, of course!

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/SamJackShipper93/media/RoKA%20Title%20Page%20jpeg318%20Comp_zpsqsbl8zqg.jpg.html][/url][IMG]http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo330/SamJackShipper93/RoKA%20Title%20Page%20jpeg318%20Comp_zpsqsbl8zqg.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with it considering I have no editing experience, and I made it using Microsoft Word.

Can't wait!!
            sigpic

Comment

1. Jack shows some of his science smarts.
              2. Apparently SG-1 has been over to Jack's house. On his roof. They know about Jack's telescope.
              3. Teal'c is so sweet and gentle. You can tell that he is a father.
              4. Wow they brought in children's stuff in quick! I doubt it was on base. I wonder how much time passed between the arrival and the briefing?
              5. Jack's black hole explanation is perfect, LOL!
              6. Jack's excitement about the eclipse.
              7. Jack giving Cassandra a dog...without asking her guardian...
              8. Teal'c suit.

I always liked this episode. The introduction of Cassandra, Jack showing that he is smarter than he lets on.

What I really like is that they didn't really put Sam into the mother role. well, they didn't if you look deeper. Yes, at first it seems that it is "we have a female character. How do we make her seem feminine and not a manly soldier. We did the dress thing. Oh, a child! Let's show that she can be nurturing!!" Yet, from later episodes it is shows that Sam lost her mother when she was around Cassandra's age. She probably felt like, in a way, she understood Cassandra.
              I'm also glad that they did not place Cassandra with Sam. Again, because Sam doesn't need to be a mother to be a well rounded female character.

Shippy...hmm...well Sam and Jack were separated for most of the episode. Their interactions were definitely different from previous episodes though. He seemed...gentler with her in a way. I don't know how else to explain it. His refusal to leave Sam when she went back down to Cassandra can be interpreted as shippy and as his "no person left behind" mentality.

Comment

I
                Originally posted by Gwen1984 View Post
                1. Jack shows some of his science smarts.
                2. Apparently SG-1 has been over to Jack's house. On his roof. They know about Jack's telescope.
                3. Teal'c is so sweet and gentle. You can tell that he is a father.
                4. Wow they brought in children's stuff in quick! I doubt it was on base. I wonder how much time passed between the arrival and the briefing?
                5. Jack's black hole explanation is perfect, LOL!
                6. Jack's excitement about the eclipse.
                7. Jack giving Cassandra a dog...without asking her guardian...
                8. Teal'c suit.

I always liked this episode. The introduction of Cassandra, Jack showing that he is smarter than he lets on.

What I really like is that they didn't really put Sam into the mother role. well, they didn't if you look deeper. Yes, at first it seems that it is "we have a female character. How do we make her seem feminine and not a manly soldier. We did the dress thing. Oh, a child! Let's show that she can be nurturing!!" Yet, from later episodes it is shows that Sam lost her mother when she was around Cassandra's age. She probably felt like, in a way, she understood Cassandra.
                I'm also glad that they did not place Cassandra with Sam. Again, because Sam doesn't need to be a mother to be a well rounded female character.

Shippy...hmm...well Sam and Jack were separated for most of the episode. Their interactions were definitely different from previous episodes though. He seemed...gentler with her in a way. I don't know how else to explain it. His refusal to leave Sam when she went back down to Cassandra can be interpreted as shippy and as his "no person left behind" mentality.
                My favorite part is the worried way Jack calls for Sam on the intercom and how relieved he looks when he finally hears her voice. My shippy radar lights up like a Christmas tree!
                sigpic

Comment

Real quiet in here lately, but that's gotta change because Shipmas starts tonight at midnight!

sigpic

Comment

There's that "No, sir" again...

Comment

And we have one of the rare occasions where Jack calls Sam by her first name:

Comment

I was watching this episode for research purposes recently, and I was reminded of why I enjoy Sam so much. I disagree (just a little) that Sam wasn't cast in the role of the nurturer. That is to say, they didn't make her "the mother", that's true. But her interaction with Cassandra was crafted to demonstrate that she was compassionate, kind, and empathetic. I agree that the loss of her mother fed into her ability to connect with Cassie, but towards the end, I got the distinct impression that part of Sam would have wanted to keep Cassie if she were in a different stage of her life. And that was incredibly awesome to see in a show.

So many times we see characters who are kids, kids, and nothing but kids, or else they are completely dead-set against having kids and don't want to be in the same room with kids. There's so little middle-ground that Sam's development here is refreshing. She might want kids, but currently has other priorities that preclude having kids. It's a very real-world take on the subject.

She wasn't the mother, but we got to see that she had the potential to be a great one, and for me sets the stage for what we see in Season 8. To borrow a concept from "Inside Out", I think family is a core island for Sam, and taking care of Cassandra in Season 1 ignites the slow burn that ultimately culminates in some of the Sam-centric episodes in Season 8 (namely Chimera, Grace and Threads).

That said, I know that a lot of people have differing opinions about whether or not Sam and Jack would end up wanting/trying to have/having kids after they got together. That's a whole other conversation, and isn't what I'm addressing here. Regardless of whether kids ended up happening for Carter later in life, she doesn't strike me as a woman who started her adult life with the mentality of "nope, not having kids, never, definitely not for me," and this episode is what convinced me.

Comment

Putting up the Shipmas Thread now! Get ready!

Edit: Here it is! Merry Shipmas, everyone!

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post14436591
                          sigpic

Comment

Merry Shipmas, everyone!

Btw. It's my B-Day today so this shippy load of fics and vids is one of the best gifts I've ever got
                            Last edited by Houndy Magnus; 11 December 2015, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by houndy magnus View Post
                              merry shipmas, everyone!

btw. It's my b-day today so this shippy load of fics and vids is one of the best gifts i've ever got
                              happy birthday!!!
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Just a reminder here are the eligible dates for Valenship

February 6
                                February 13
                                February 20
                                February 27
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X