Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
    The forum is very slow at the moment, I hope this works.
    Over The Edge

Spoiler:
    "Come in!" "Nah, I've never done it before." "It doesn't bite." "I'm not so sure about that." "Just come in." "Why?" "It's cool." "Yeah, I can have cool in the shower, too." "But this is cooler." Jack sighed. Could he ever say no to her? Sam was a few meters away from him and smiled encouragingly. "All you have to do is jump!" "Ok, beware, here I come!" He stepped gingerly over the edge into the water. "After all these years I own this cabin I've only fished in the pond, I've never thought about swimming in it!"
    I see it...
    Love it! !
    .... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

The forum is very slow at the moment, I hope this works.
      Over The Edge

Spoiler:
      "Come in!" "Nah, I've never done it before." "It doesn't bite." "I'm not so sure about that." "Just come in." "Why?" "It's cool." "Yeah, I can have cool in the shower, too." "But this is cooler." Jack sighed. Could he ever say no to her? Sam was a few meters away from him and smiled encouragingly. "All you have to do is jump!" "Ok, beware, here I come!" He stepped gingerly over the edge into the water. "After all these years I own this cabin I've only fished in the pond, I've never thought about swimming in it!"
      Tee-hee! Thanks for sharing!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Nonnie88 View Post
        I see it...
        Love it! !
        Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        Tee-hee! Thanks for sharing!
        I'm glad you like it. I'm only a writer when it comes to Ship Day.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nonnie88 View Post
          Your art is amazeballs though! You have some serious talent !
          thank you

Comment

I'm glad you like it. I'm only a writer when it comes to Ship Day.
            This is my first ship day... I'm totally excited by it... Can't wait for everyone's contributions
            .... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

Thank you Britta, for making my vision come true.

keep-calm2-small_zpswqbtxwve.jpg
              sigpic
              Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                I found my home phone in the freezer once. I still don't know which kid put it there.
                I'm thinking about getting a small chest freezer for when I cook too much stuff (since it's really hard to cook enough for just one person). I wonder if that will become "the last place I looked" for something that I can't find anywhere else.

Comment

No problem, ErikaMariia.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I'm thinking about getting a small chest freezer for when I cook too much stuff (since it's really hard to cook enough for just one person). I wonder if that will become "the last place I looked" for something that I can't find anywhere else.
                    With as many kids as I have, i can't even count how many strange things I've found in the freezer. Or the fridge. Or the bathtubs. . . Every once in a while I'm dusting a clock, or getting something from the china hutch or opening the ice cream freezer cans, or something and Voila!--there's something we lost two or three years ago. The quantity of Apple remotes that we've lost down inside the couches or inside the walls of doll houses, etc. is astronomical. I've taken to attaching them with Velcro sticky dots to the backs of the other (larger) remotes.

I'd say to the kids, "This is why we can't have nice things", but the truth is, "This is why we can't find our nice things!"

sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

THE LEAST SHIPPY EPISODE

Beast of Burden (5)

VS.

Thor's Chariot

Went back and looked at previous comments. Thor's Chariot at least has times that Jack and Sam seem to like each other. Not much of anything in Beast of Burden (except for one comment about Jack wanting Sam to kick him and shoot Daniel if he listens to Daniel ever again). Wouldn't be surprised if this takes it as the overall winner (loser). I don't think I have voted against it yet. Plus it's an Unas episode.... Ugh!
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, I've been away, so I figured I'd sit through "Beast of Burden" again just to make sure it was the ship desert I thought it was.

Yep.

I already discussed "Thor's Chariot" for the previous round, and as houghtam noted above, its limited shippiness via an accumulation of small moments is still there.

“Beast of Burden” is from mid-season 5. Daniel gets evidence of a society using Unas as slave labor and wants to intervene. Jack stands next to and slightly behind Sam. When Jack says he doesn’t care what happens to Unas, the camera pans first Daniel, then Teal’c, then General Hammond, then finally Sam who look at him. Jack looks back at Sam, then says “I care.” So Sam’s glare has an effect on him more than any other. When Daniel says those capturing the Unas may have other Goa’uld technology, Jack says “[i]That[/] I really care about. Again he and Sam exchange looks. That’s pretty much it. For most of the rest of the episode, Jack is with Daniel, locked up in a barn with the Unas who are being held for sale. Sam is with Teal’c and any communication is of the “Carter/Sir” variety via walkie-talkie. So the episode continues the Season 5 tendency to pretend the ship never existed.

THE LEAST SHIPPY EPISODE

Beast of Burden (6)

VS.

Thor's Chariot (0)

Comment

THE LEAST SHIPPY EPISODE

Beast of Burden (7)

VS.

Thor's Chariot (0)

Comment

Two Days 'til Ship Day!

Whoa!

Thor, buddy!

Greetings O’Neill.

You know, as much as I love these little impromptu visits . . .

We’re a little busy around here right now.

The Asgard are aware of your preparations for Ship Day, O’Neill.

Really?

We have been monitoring the Shipper threads on GateWorld for some time.

Comment

Two Days 'til Ship Day!
                              (continued)

Then you know we only have two more days to go until Ship Day.

For this reason, the Asgard High Council has sent me to offer you this token of our appreciation for the BEST SHIP EVER.

You’re giving us a brand spanking new Asgard space ship for Ship Day?

Yes.

Sweet!

Comment

Two Days 'til Ship Day!
                                (continued again)

As you know, Major Carter blew up the ship we named The O’Neill.

Yes. I did hear about that.

This is its replacement.

Oh, yeah?!

The Samantha Carter-O’Neill.

Oh!

Does Carter know about this?

She does.

She told me to inform you that you are not permitted to blow it up.

D’oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X