No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to punish everyone. I've already told Baggie that she can make your poll at her discretion and as her time allows.

However, I'd like to remind folks of this

GateWorld exists as a place for fans all over the world to enhance their enjoyment of the Stargate franchise by sharing it with others. Our vision for this forum is that it will be an open and welcoming place for the enjoyment of Stargate and science fiction, a place free of hostility where we communicate and build friendships, and a home that is open to challenging discussions. While we affirm everyone's right to critique things they do not like, we ask that such comments be made with tact and respect for others. Our forum may be large, but it is our home, and we want to focus our time talking about the things we enjoy about our favorite shows.

This is the community vision. This is how Darren would like this place to be run.

As much as you guys love your ship, there is a horrible double standard here. People here love to go off topic on a daily basis.....but openly attack and chase off other users when the 'wrong' user comes in and goes off topic. People here get upset if they think they are being picked on by other fans...but will be catty and mean about those same other fans.

Your ship is built on mutual respect, love and caring for each other. It would be nice if more people in this thread acted that way towards their forum mates.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I must have missed something somewhere. I've been on this thread all Winter Break and haven't seen anything to warrant what amounts to writing sentences for my teacher before I get recess. I am here to make friends and have fun with like minded people about the awesomeness of Sam and Jack. That being said, here's a pic.large-FullSize-sg10814-0321xb.jpg

Comment

This is all getting slightly ridiculous at this point. Can we all agree that a line (as drawn by administration) was crossed (however inadvertently) and move on?

As far as the other complaints, yes, there's some OT-ness from time to time and generally speaking a quick note from one of the users will bring things back to common ground. Granted, I've only been around a couple of years but (on this thread, at least) I've never seen anyone outright attacked (but perhaps my definition of attacked isn't quite as loose as other people's… and I did miss the great ship wars that everyone is understandable loathe to repeat). (Is it just me, or has the internet made people really, really sensitive??)

I think it's important to keep in mind that during the course of the exchange that brought all of this up, no individual was picked on and everything was said in (and taken in - as is evidenced by the fact that no one went to a mod and complained) good fun. At this point it's all been blown very out of proportion.

On that note, and speaking of off topic, really… can we move on?
        Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; 03 January 2014, 04:08 PM.
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

snipped…

Originally posted by Robinbishop1231 View Post
          here's a pic.[ATTACH]39099[/ATTACH]
          Now that's more like it!
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
            Was clearing out my teen bedroom at my parents house over the holidays and I came across this - I forgot I'd even bought it at AT1 in London! Shame on me

https://twitter.com/krystleboss/stat...55202255831040
            Nice.

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
            Indeed.
            sigpic
            sig by Mada
            As a matter of FIC

Comment

I must have missed something somewhere. I've been on this thread all Winter Break and haven't seen anything to warrant what amounts to writing sentences for my teacher before I get recess. I am here to make friends and have fun with like minded people about the awesomeness of Sam and Jack. That being said, here's a pic.[ATTACH]39099[/ATTACH]
              Good grief I can even post a pic right. how to I get it show in the post? I'm such a noob.

Comment

Good grief I can even post a pic right. how to I get it show in the post? I'm such a noob.
                Pictures are hit and miss if they work, mine are the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                  This is all getting slightly ridiculous at this point. Can we all agree that a line (as drawn by administration) was crossed (however inadvertently) and move on?

As far as the other complaints, yes, there's some OT-ness from time to time and generally speaking a quick note from one of the users will bring things back to common ground. Granted, I've only been around a couple of years but (on this thread, at least) I've never seen anyone outright attacked (but perhaps my definition of attacked isn't quite as loose as other people's… and I did miss the great ship wars that everyone is understandable loathe to repeat). (Is it just me, or has the internet made people really, really sensitive??)

I think it's important to keep in mind that during the course of the exchange that brought all of this up, no individual was picked on and everything was said in (and taken in - as is evidenced by the fact that no one went to a mod and complained) good fun. At this point it's all been blown very out of proportion.

I don't know if it's an increased sensitivity, reading comprehension/interpretation thing or just the mingling of many people with different personalities, cultures and/or native languages, but I do agree that I'm often left scratching my head at whatever was said that was offending when it comes to the internet. And I'm not a totally rude person who has no manners in RL that could explain it!

I don't know, my attachments started doing the same about a year ago. That's why I uploaded them all to my Picasa/Google account, so I can just use the img tags to display them.

~

To go back on topic: I assume the poll that has been mentioned several times here is intended to set a date for Valenship? On one hand, I think it'd be nice if it falls on the 15th, a day after Valentine's but on the other hand I can imagine that a lot of people might actually celebrate their RL Valentine's Day on that date... Hmm. I don't have a preference for a date yet but if it takes much longer before we get to choose my schedule might fill up.

And now I'm really off to bed! G'night everyone, shippy dreams for whenever you guys go to sleep!

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Poll's up!
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Poll's up!
                      What happened to February 22?

Comment

It wasn't included in the mail we recieved.Nei's offline (I think) so I've edited the Poll to include the 22nd.

(Can the Shipper who voted for March 01 let me know via pm if they want their vote moved to a different date? )

Comment

The reasoning behind leaving the 22nd off the list is because it's AT7. And we included the 1st just in case shippers wanted a little more time between the holidays.
                          sigpic

----------
                          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Well this news leaves you guys with two options.

Leave the Poll as it is -or I can Strip the Poll and redo it from scratch so you can have a fresh vote.

Nei's not around just now,but I think it's fair to go with her original request.

Anyone have any objections to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                              Well this news leaves you guys with two options.

Leave the Poll as it is -or I can Strip the Poll and redo it from scratch so you can have a fresh vote.

Nei's not around just now,but I think it's fair to go with her original request.

Anyone have any objections to that?
                              i like the idea of leaving off the 22nd for amanda's con, and starting the poll over.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I'll go get a coffee and give you guys another 30 minutes.

If nobody objects,I'll make the switcheroo.

Comment

Working...
                                X