Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    You summed up my sentiments perfectly! Any other time it would've been a great episode, but not for RDA's last.

Btw, I realised the other day that when I'm wearing my lab coat at work I keep subconsciously grabbing the cuffs like GeekSam does because they're a bit too long lol! Not sure that's a good thing :s
    Just make sure you don't start talking about your reproductive organs and you'll be okay.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
      Just make sure you don't start talking about your reproductive organs and you'll be okay.
      Lol, virtual green! Tbh, I was having a conversation with my male supervisor about feminism today. Surprisingly, we agreed!
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Found this while searching for something completely different...is it just me or is this pic really HOT?!?

sigpic

----------
        FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Don't worry, it's not just you. That is one smokin' pic!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaMariia View Post
            I just had a thought. Someone mentioned Robert C. Cooper killing of Asgards and Abydonians.
            To think of it, almost every storyline they wrapped up ended in death: Replicators, Ori, Goa'uld, Sha're.
            So _maybe_ (just maybe..) we should be happy they left Sam and Jack unresolved...
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I think you might have a valid point!

The biggest issue I had with the Sam/Jack storyline was that they made *such* a big deal of Geek!Sam and Jack having a thing for each other two seconds after they met and went to all the effort of writing a kiss... Why not just do that with our Sam and Jack?!

From an anti-shipper perspective, they had to spend much more screen time establishing an attraction between the two alternates than they would have if they'd just had one tiny scene where we see Sam and Jack have a real discussion and get together for real!!!

It bugs me that they wasted RDA's last episode on an alternate timeline story when they could have used him to wrap up heaps of things, including the ship! I remember at the time TPTB complained about us not being happy with anything, they gave us an onscreen kiss and we complained it wasn't the right one - damn straight it wasn't the right kind, it wasn't even our Sam and Jack. You know, the two people we'd waited 8 years for a resolution for? Not some imitation AU versions *again*! The fishing was nice, but we'd already seen that in Threads.

*sigh* if only
              the ptb did it on purpose.

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                Jacob's death was a plot device to give Sam a Gibbs smack to make her come to her senses, particularly when it came to Jack.
                i thought she was already coming to her senses... for 8 bloody years!!

even when she was first dating cop-boy, she was doubting her decisions.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

My contribution to Talk Like a Pirate Day:

Comment

An extra few hours in the day?

No, seriously, my fics (with the exception of Can't Stop Now) tend to just be words blurted onto a page in a single shot once my muse takes over. I get an idea, I write it in around 3000 words or so and boom, done. Probably why they're usually one shots.

One character I really struggle with is Janet. In my head, Janet is two people - one is the fun-loving shipper Janet who wants to see Sam happy and the other is canon Janet who is by-the-book and silently worries/disapproves of Sam's feelings for Jack because she's concerned it might ruin Sam's career/life/happiness. Any tips?
                    make janet both.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i thought she was already coming to her senses... for 8 bloody years!!

even when she was first dating cop-boy, she was doubting her decisions.
                      Dad's death was also a way for somebody to actually say something without saying something onscreen
                      sigpic

----------
                      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        make janet both.
                        I don't see her as two different people. She is who she is. Yes she can be more businesslike sometimes, but I think Janet is such a fun character. She was so underused! And did NOT deserve to die Especially just for shock value!
                        sigpic

----------
                        FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                          Wow...I didn't realize everybody hates Moebius.

I am in the minority apparently. I love the comedy of it, especially AT and RDA. You can't overthink the whole thing it takes all the fun out of it. Just think though, if its a whole new "reality" and the fish prove that not everything happened the same way it did before...I like to think there was no And in this new reality Sam and Jack are totally together.
                          i thought i read/heard the whole ending of there being fish in the pond this time was just a joke, in honor of a simpsons episode? so if that's true, we are to believe that a) the writers didn't really mean it, it was just a joke, b) that jack was wrong all along and there was always fish in his pond, or c) it was just a joke, and that the writers didn't care if it messed with ppl believing the timeline was messed with, b/c hey, it was just a joke!!

i'll go for d) for dummies.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Dad's death was also a way for somebody to actually say something without saying something onscreen
                            the ambiguous speak; the ptb's favorite!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I don't see her as two different people. She is who she is. Yes she can be more businesslike sometimes, but I think Janet is such a fun character. She was so underused! And did NOT deserve to die Especially just for shock value!
                              you'd said: "In my head, Janet is two people - one is the fun-loving shipper Janet who wants to see Sam happy and the other is canon Janet who is by-the-book and silently worries/disapproves of Sam's feelings for Jack because she's concerned it might ruin Sam's career/life/happiness."

maybe janet could start off and the by-the-book, questioning sam's decisions and sanity , but then after talking to sam and really discussing the s/j situation, she supports and then totally gets behind sam and jack getting together?
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

So she got the same treatment Carson and Elizabeth did? Killing and/or being functionally MIA for shock value?
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X