X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      I'm all about the angst and unresolved sexual tension (UST), so I really enjoy the fact they didn't get together. Too many shows (especially nowadays) get their leads together and just ruin the relationship/chemistry (Bones anyone?), although I think it could have been handled well in the case of S/J in Stargate.
      I agree with you in regard to Bones, I just couldn't watch it after they got together, they way it was handled just didn't appeal to me.

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      But the beauty of it really is that there's so much left open to interpretation, especially what went on behind the scenes, not just after Threads, but so much in the early seasons as well. I've grown more and more comfortable with this openness as the years went on, so today, it doesn't bother me too much as it used to. My imagination more than makes up for it.
      Yes, our imagination - and fan fic, thank god for well written fan fic!!!

I don't think that the show would have suffered though, as long as their relationship were in the background and not the main focus of episode after episode.

It would have been nice with just some kind of confirmation - in one the last episodes of SGA for instance (I've only seen up until the first 8 episodes of season 4). A word could have been dropped about them being together, not necessarily revealing for how long, but just to give us something.

Comment

Chemistry? Nope, still don't see it...

Comment

However, I like the fact that they're both honorable officers and think it would have been a huge mistake for them to get together if the frat regs still applied. Which they kinda do with Jack being the senior officer and Sam being in his chain of command.
          I completely agree with this. It would've been completely against their characters to ignore the regs. It would've felt so... false. Although Jack always comes across as irreverent and not very 'by the book', he is always dutiful and takes his responsibilities very seriously. He's a walking contradiction because he's heroic and self-sacrificing to a fault. And you don't get to the rank of General by being derelict in your duties!

And Sam, a General's daughter? No way would she compromise her team or her career by getting involved with her CO.

Poor Jack and Sam! They are loved because of their wonderful, strong, characters, but it's that same strength of character that makes it so unlikely that they would throw the regs out the window. *sigh*
          sigpic
          sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

[img1]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XEqu67VOBx0/ULeYBhgxIhI/AAAAAAAAMn8/Dja2gy6sYY4/s160/GraceKissVid%2520%25281%2529.gif[/img]
              Fems that gif has had me transfixed for some reason. Beautiful.
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Ever hear a penguin giggle? Watch this and see. Would Jack tell this little cutie "no giggling"?

http://youtu.be/DQbhtZzHsbE
                Last edited by hedwig; 12 June 2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargategirl91 View Post

I would like to pose a question, from one newbie, on this vast forum;
                  Do you think the show would of suffered it the powers that be put Sam & Jack together?
                  or was the cute scenes, lines and moments enough?
                  i would have liked to have seen them together while the series was going on. the secret to it, though, would be the writing.

but leaving it so open to interpretation at the end is a crime.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Anyway, the fact that their relationship has been left open for interpretation (although TPTB seem to agree they got together after Threads, yet Sam kinda contradicts that in Trio's deleted scene unless she was simply being discreet when talking to Keller) is what makes them so excellent for fanfiction! There are so many things to explore about their relationship that even now, years later, there are new fans of the show/ship and there's still quite a bit of new fanfic compared to some other shows that are actually still on air.
                    does the 'trio' dialog really contradict the idea that sam and jack were already together at that time? i don't remember the exact dialog (i've got it saved somewhere on my computer ), but i remember thinking all sam was really saying is that it'll get easier when jack retires.

also, for me, even if they'd confirmed sam and jack together (and i didn't like the way they did it), i could still do a 'fix it' in my head... just like i'm *forced* to do now, with the no official confirmation. :/
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                      It would have been nice with just some kind of confirmation - in one the last episodes of SGA for instance (I've only seen up until the first 8 episodes of season 4). A word could have been dropped about them being together, not necessarily revealing for how long, but just to give us something.
                      i know...

they could have even tacked it on stargate universe! maybe they were waiting/hoping for that 3rd movie...

or as amanda mentioned in the recent con, a combo movie of all their series. and confirming sam & jack is SO easy to do now, that if they did nothing... it would mean they didn't care. didn't want to.

but i really, truly believe we still have a chance on confirmation in the future!! i just hope it's like what amanda said, *before* they need walkers to get up the ramp to the gate.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the Shipper Family Starship Trooper and Stargategirl91.
                        sigpic

Comment

Comment

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              does the 'trio' dialog really contradict the idea that sam and jack were already together at that time? i don't remember the exact dialog (i've got it saved somewhere on my computer ), but i remember thinking all sam was really saying is that it'll get easier when jack retires.

also, for me, even if they'd confirmed sam and jack together (and i didn't like the way they did it), i could still do a 'fix it' in my head... just like i'm *forced* to do now, with the no official confirmation. :/
                              Yes it did.

(Spoilered for people who haven't seen it and want it to be a surprise.)

Spoiler:

Jennifer asked if Sam was seeing someone.

Sam said it was complicated. Jennifer told her to spill.

Sam said there was someone in Washington, he was retiring soon so, who knows.

Then Jennifer tries to guess who it is, emphasising it's an older man, in Washington, then asks if its someone she would know.

To me that implies they have made the decision to start a relationship when the frat regs don't prevent it, but at that moment in time they're not actually a couple.

For me the SGU line, 'I'm sorry Sam.' said volumes. It implied they were much closer than they used to be and comfortable using their given names instead of hiding behind titles/surnames.

Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Hello nei!
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X