Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brendini View Post
    That was probably around the time one of the Austin Powers movies came out. As for why Amanda/Sam found it so funny....well, heaven only knows how many takes they'd been through, and what else Rick had come up with for ad-libs!
    Indeed.

And I love seeing Amanda crack up like that.
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      I assume you're referring to Sam's line about getting Telchak's device only a month ago in Death Knell? Because they got that device in Evolution, which takes place before Grace. So it's even less than a month, especially considering she was stranded on Prometheus and the return trip to Earth had to be interrupted for a cool down every 49 ly. There may have been a few days of medical leave for Sam afterwards because of her concussion and exhaustion during which she may or may not have talked to Mark (over the phone). Then there was the mission to Kelowna in Fallout like you said, which probably wasn't an overnight mission and there probably would have been a few days of downtime/medical leave or something due to possible radiation poisoning from the blast after.

Suddenly Sam is dating in Chimera with someone she obviously already knows a bit (which makes me think Mark suggested his friend who just happened to work in Denver even though he himself lives in San Diego shortly after Grace) and has spent time with on other dates. Then, in the next episode, she was apparently working with Jacob on the anti-Kull Warrior weapon, which they presumably didn't come up with in a day or two! How could all that have happened in the space of a month?

Oh and hadn't she injured her right arm in Evolution too? So that has apparently healed already by the time Grace occurs...
      Huh. I didn't quite realise just how unbelievable this makes it then. Not that I didn't think so at first, but this is probably proof for me that it's bordering the ridiculous.

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      Yes! The whole debacle was a terrible dream (nightmare)! Sam woke up horrified, and immediately went to see Jack to sort out their life together!!
      I've got more impetus to believe this now!
      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

*sneaks in...waves*

Jack & Sam New Order.jpg

(not mine...I don't know who made it).

*sneaks out to collapse in bed*
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          that reminds me: does anyone know how stargate: unleashed is doing, profit wise?
          I'd like to know this too! But, I'm really confused. Have they only released the first episode? Are they planning to release the second one anytime soon?

Mind you, I didn't buy the game for myself since I don't have any technology that supports it, but I'm dying to know what happens next!!!
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            I'd like to know this too! But, I'm really confused. Have they only released the first episode? Are they planning to release the second one anytime soon?

Mind you, I didn't buy the game for myself since I don't have any technology that supports it, but I'm dying to know what happens next!!!
            Given my experience with iPad apps, usually the parts are released many months apart as that ensures everyone has had a chance to buy the previous installment.
            The password is fishing...

Comment

the last few episodes of Season 7 kinda had me confused i mean with inauguration that takes place in January so i'm guess every episode upto Resurrection took place in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                Huh. I didn't quite realise just how unbelievable this makes it then. Not that I didn't think so at first, but this is probably proof for me that it's bordering the ridiculous.

Yeah, it's a bad mistake by the writers. I mean, it all takes place in one month and it's a really busy time with the threat of alien attacks etc, so how could Sam possibly have found the time to meet her brother's friend (or even learn about his existence and the fact he happens to live really close by), go on more than one date and feel comfortable enough to sleep with him all the while coordinating what little time off she has with his (a police detective) schedule? Just doesn't make sense.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-q869RNrRVBs/UR-7TJUvxqI/AAAAAAAAKuk/EQWKUHP28QE/s410/04April23.jpg
                    When I first watched that, I was acting chocolate (or something similar) and I stopped, I wouldn't look away from the screen. Even though it's such a sad moment and you can almost taste the angst, it has to come top of my favourite S/J moments. And anyone who knows me in real life would be shocked that TV characters made me use the word 'favourite'.
                    Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
                    My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                      Given my experience with iPad apps, usually the parts are released many months apart as that ensures everyone has had a chance to buy the previous installment.
                      Arkalis tweeted, yesterday?, that they had just begun work on the second episode :/

Yeah, it's a bad mistake by the writers. I mean, it all takes place in one month and it's a really busy time with the threat of alien attacks etc, so how could Sam possibly have found the time to meet her brother's friend (or even learn about his existence and the fact he happens to live really close by), go on more than one date and feel comfortable enough to sleep with him all the while coordinating what little time off she has with his (a police detective) schedule? Just doesn't make sense.
                      I wonder if it was a writers/storyliners error saying a month had passed? Evolution pt 1 was aired 08.22.03, pt 2 01.09.04, Grace, 01.16.04 and Death Knell 02.06.04. I know its assumed the events take place over a year but if that mid-season break is taken into account and the events between Evolution and Death Knell took place over several months it would seem more realistic.

fems, it sounds absolutely ridiculous when you put it like that. Never had Sam down as someone to sleep with a guy she's known all of what, 2/3 days? Just taking Chimera on its own gives you that ridiculous a time frame.

that's one of my favourite moments
                      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I proposed a scenario how it does make sense. The writing gave no indication of how long she had actually known Pete, just how long she'd been dating him.
                        Eww. Now I'm thinking about their dates. Ew, ew.
                        Sam and walking through the park... then Jack jumps out of the bushes all...... and Sam's all... ... then Jack's all... ... and Sam's all .

God I'm bored. Must ban myself from GW for a day or two.

Comment

I proposed a scenario how it does make sense. The writing gave no indication of how long she had actually known Pete, just how long she'd been dating him.
                          Eww. Now I'm thinking about their dates. Ew, ew.
                          Sam and walking through the park... then Jack jumps out of the bushes all...... and Sam's all... ... then Jack's all... ... and Sam's all .

God I'm bored. Must ban myself from GW for a day or two.
                          I'm really tempted to sing a certain song now. But I won't.
                          And that's a very good scenario. I particularly like the ending. But the beginning's not to my taste.

Comment

Is the most disliked character in the Stargate pantheon of characters?
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
                              I'm really tempted to sing a certain song now. But I won't.
                              And that's a very good scenario. I particularly like the ending. But the beginning's not to my taste.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                              Is the most disliked character in the Stargate pantheon of characters?
                              My old roommate in reference to once said "That guy's awesome".
                              Really wish I had a baseball bat in hand at the time.

Comment

My old roommate in reference to once said "That guy's awesome".
                                Really wish I had a baseball bat in hand at the time.
                                Wow. Now, now, Sam wouldn't approve of the violence.
                                But she'd approve of the sidearm! Though, I doubt she'd let you borrow Jack's.

Comment

Working...
                                X