Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    It's not a popular opinion, but it's the same feeling I've always gotten too
    Me too!
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam
      http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/163oj.gif/]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2276/163oj.gif
      very pretty, but you need to post it as a thumbnail. Skydiver just reminded everyone on the last page about image size limits - both pixel width and kb. no more than 700 wide, no more than 100kb. That gif is 1.48MB.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        Me too!
        I would like to discuss this. I always got the opposite impression.

Sam was the one fighting to bring him home when he was shacking up with some off-world random. Plus he was completely rude to her before that.
        AND he was the one who instead of discussing his feelings about Sam's impending wedding decided the better option was screwing some FBI agent.
        I believe he's what held Sam back from Martouf, Narime, Joe, Orlin... She never gave herself to anyone even though she was lonely and needing companionship and these men were very caring and in love with her. Her loyalty to Jack held her back every time.
        The same can't be said for him.

I think they are equally devoted to each other. They just made mistakes because they are not good with dealing with their feelings.
        The password is fishing...

Comment

Screwing some FBI agent? I think that's a bit unfair to put it that way, isn't it? I thought Jack deserved happiness as much as Sam deserved it too. In fact, I thought Kerry had a way lot more class than Shanahan ever was as a character (and reveals loads lots about Jack too), which made what Sam did so unforgivable in my opinion. I felt Jack was a lot more respectful of Sam than you portray him to be.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Screwing some FBI agent? I think that's a bit unfair to put it that way, isn't it? I thought Jack deserved happiness as much as Sam deserved it too. In fact, I thought Kerry had a way lot more class than Shanahan ever was as a character (and reveals loads lots about Jack too), which made what Sam did so unforgivable in my opinion. I felt Jack was a lot more respectful of Sam than you portray him to be.
            I'm not trying to portray him in any way. I just do not agree with the idea that he is more loyal than Sam.

He loves her. She loves him.

And love forgives all. Nothing is "unforgivable".

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
              I would like to discuss this. I always got the opposite impression.

Sam was the one fighting to bring him home when he was shacking up with some off-world random. Plus he was completely rude to her before that.
              AND he was the one who instead of discussing his feelings about Sam's impending wedding decided the better option was screwing some FBI agent.
              I believe he's what held Sam back from Martouf, Narime, Joe, Orlin... She never gave herself to anyone even though she was lonely and needing companionship and these men were very caring and in love with her. Her loyalty to Jack held her back every time.
              The same can't be said for him.

I think they are equally devoted to each other. They just made mistakes because they are not good with dealing with their feelings.
              As much we all hate Laira, I don't see that one night stand like a betrayal to Sam. At that time their feelings were still confusing. I do however think Jack fell in love first and only in 100days Sam started to realise her feelings for him run deeper that was allowed by the Airforce.
              You talk about the alien guys, but, even she wanted to (and I doubt that), it's not that she could really date them! Only Joe would have been a really possibility...but we all thank the Aschen for resolving the problem!
              I also don't believe that Jack felt inadequate or unworthy for Sam. Despite his jokes, he has a great sense of duty and he put it before his personal happiness. Moreover he has a great opinion of Sam like soldier and scientist. He would have never done anything to ruin her career and reputation (and that is OUR problem! Damn angst!).
              I get that Sam felt lonely and tried to find happiness in someone else but I think she did that only because she wasn't sure anymore about Jack's feelings for her. But come on girl! He told you he would have rather died than losing you!
              About Kerry. Well I don't say it was right, but Jack was only trying to cope with the fact that he was slowing losing Sam to another man!
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

As much we all hate Laira, I don't see that one night stand like a betrayal to Sam. At that time their feelings were still confusing. I do however think Jack fell in love first and only in 100days Sam started to realise her feelings for him run deeper that was allowed by the Airforce.
                You talk about the alien guys, but, even she wanted to (and I doubt that), it's not that she could really date them! Only Joe would have been a really possibility...but we all thank the Aschen for resolving the problem!
                I also don't believe that Jack felt inadequate or unworthy for Sam. Despite his jokes, he has a great sense of duty and he put it before his personal happiness. Moreover he has a great opinion of Sam like soldier and scientist. He would have never done anything to ruin her career and reputation (and that is OUR problem! Damn angst!).
                I get that Sam felt lonely and tried to find happiness in someone else but I think she did that only because she wasn't sure anymore about Jack's feelings for her. But come on girl! He told you he would have rather died than losing you!
                About Kerry. Well I don't say it was right, but Jack was only trying to cope with the fact that he was slowing losing Sam to another man!
                I think so too.

As for love forgiving all...yes, eventually. In my mind, I think it would have taken Jack a while to come around after Sam breaking off her engagement. He's after all, been hurt too, and I've always imagined him being more than a trifle angry rather than wholly accepting than moving on with her so easily (this just extrapolating on how he does bear grudges).
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Mmm... I think I agree with a lot of that. But I will never get over that look of hurt on Sam's face when Jack was with Laira. The suggestion that she somehow did wrong by trying to move on and be happy with Pete, well... Let's just say I think it's massively unfair. Jack didn't even make any clear effort to fight for her, how was she supposed to know he cared? It had been 3 years since the Zatarc(sp?) thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                    Mmm... I think I agree with a lot of that. But I will never get over that look of hurt on Sam's face when Jack was with Laira. The suggestion that she somehow did wrong by trying to move on and be happy with Pete, well... Let's just say I think it's massively unfair. Jack didn't even make any clear effort to fight for her, how was she supposed to know he cared? It had been 3 years since the Zatarc(sp?) thing.
                    Conversely, I could argue, she didn't do much in that area too. The open flirting with Faxon, her other so-called interests that could have also given Jack the wrong idea.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

hmmm, not so slowly! Yeah, it took her a couple of weeks to say yes, but after years of longing for something that was regulation "forbidden fruit", she was really trying to move on. Jack and Kerry? I hardly fault him for that relationship. We don't know precisely how long it took to develop...and end. Laria - he was cut off from everything, no stargate, no hope of rescue. This was going to be his life. And she threw herself at him. Kynthia...okay, no brainer here - drugged cake because *she* was attracted to him??

Sam never culminated a relationship with the various aliens who had fallen in love with her (Martoof, Nareem, Orlin) In an alternate timeline, yes, she is married to Joe - but who does she turn to in her hour of need? Finally, after many frustrating years, she tried to grab what she thought would bring her, if not happiness, at least serenity. It wasn't long before she realized that it wasn't enough. Dad was right. Kerry was right. Some people are meant to be together. They can fight it, but they can never be GOOD with anyone else. Neither Sam nor Jack are the type of people to ultimately just settle. They expect the best from themselves. It is reasonable to expect the best in a relationship.
                      sigpic

Comment

Conversely, I could argue, she didn't do much in that area too. The open flirting with Faxon, her other so-called interests that could have also given Jack the wrong idea.
                        Yeah. I was like "WTF?" in 2001. I get they were trying to emphasize that this could possibly her future husband and this was them first meeting... but seriously... WTH? It was the GATE ROOM!

Comment

In fact, I thought Kerry had a way lot more class than Shanahan ever was as a character (and reveals loads lots about Jack too)
                          yes, indeed. I felt like Pete was more of a plot device than a character whilst Kerry, even though we saw her for less time than Pete, seemed more full fledged and real to me as a character.

A while back there was a discussion about Pete and some said that if Pete had been a stronger character (dare I say, more Faxon like...) he would have made for a more compelling foil (not sure if that's the right writing term....) for Jack and I completely agree. I didn't believe that Sam was that desparate to have that kind of life that she'd settle for someone like Pete - I wanted a stronger character for her!

And as for the whole loyalty issue...While I do feel that at least initially and probably well into season 4 that Jack is more loyal to Sam than Sam is to Jack, over time that changes and they both develop in their loyalty and feelings to each other. That said, they BOTH did things that were probably not altogether that smart but at least that all ended with "Always"!!!!!!!!!

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is mesmerized by Sam’s naked bod (1)

vs.

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (7)

Comment

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .

vs.

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (8)

~

Originally posted by UhSir View Post

An episode's worth of angst resolved with a "C'mere" hug. *shippy sigh*
                            Exactly!!!

Comment

Just popping in today to say.....

Anyone here planning to go to Fan Expo Vancouver this Sunday to see Amanda? she's on the space milkshake panel with Robin at 4pm...would love to meet some of you there!

Comment

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .[/B]

vs.

Season 7: Death Knell: Jack holds Sam after they take down the Super Soldier (9)
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X