Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    He's only human!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
      I tried recolouring a picture of Amanda as Helen and found the blonde too brassy too, I found playing with the exposure settings, gamma correction specifically, helped take the colour from the hair and make the blonde more natural looking.

This is what I ended up with - it's artwork for a fic I'm working on.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...ps82618401.jpg

I think its still too bright but its a vast improvement on the brassy look I originally came up with.

I also edited her make-up and enlarged her hair to give her a bee-hive style do for fictional purposes.
      Have you tried playing with the selective color options and curves? I find that gives a fare more natural look, as you'll retain (or, really, edit) the shadows and (when playing with neutrals and blacks) can light up the hair in a more natural color/hue if you do it properly, without the hair ending up looking (too) yellow/white that looks like someone's been using the paint brush and losing texture details. Also, if you choose to apply image with your hair mask selected at the end, it will merge the light result with the original one, thereby keeping a lot of details. You will lose a lot of the highlighting you've just done but if you then choose (with the layer hair mask selected) levels under image adjustments you will be able to adjust the light/darkness of the shadows, thereby lightening the hair again (in a more natural fashion) and basically choosing what kind of shadows you want to keep.

I found the tips on youtube once when looking for ways to go from dark hair to blonde (in a picture, obviously ) and I found it was rather simple to do compared to a lot of the other tutorials and the result looks far more natural. The only problem is that you need a picture with a good resolution to get the best result. I tried it on the RDA/AT picture but AT's hair was too dark (for me, at least) and the picture was of much lower quality than the solo AT pics from the same session, which worked out much better.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        Have you tried playing with the selective color options and curves? I find that gives a fare more natural look, as you'll retain (or, really, edit) the shadows and (when playing with neutrals and blacks) can light up the hair in a more natural color/hue if you do it properly, without the hair ending up looking (too) yellow/white that looks like someone's been using the paint brush and losing texture details. Also, if you choose to apply image with your hair mask selected at the end, it will merge the light result with the original one, thereby keeping a lot of details. You will lose a lot of the highlighting you've just done but if you then choose (with the layer hair mask selected) levels under image adjustments you will be able to adjust the light/darkness of the shadows, thereby lightening the hair again (in a more natural fashion) and basically choosing what kind of shadows you want to keep.

I found the tips on youtube once when looking for ways to go from dark hair to blonde (in a picture, obviously ) and I found it was rather simple to do compared to a lot of the other tutorials and the result looks far more natural. The only problem is that you need a picture with a good resolution to get the best result. I tried it on the RDA/AT picture but AT's hair was too dark (for me, at least) and the picture was of much lower quality than the solo AT pics from the same session, which worked out much better.
        Thanks for the tips and advice fems, I'll definitely try those tools.
        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

i'm still reading stargate novels, and i'm at the end of my second list. the first list was of THE best of the novels, the second is, the second best , but i'm about to start of the third list... and i'd like some advice.

here's the list -

SG1-06 Siren Song
          SG1-11 The Barque of Heaven
          SG1-12 Do No Harm
          SG1-13 Hydra
          SG1-14 Valhalla
          SG1-15 The Power Behind the Throne
          SG1-16 Four Dragons
          SG1-21 The Drift
          SG1-22 Moebius Squared

i'd like to know which ones have the most (if any) 1- ship, 2- sam screen time, and 3- anything yucky that i need to be warned about.

and i'd like to know which order you think i should read them, to be left with either the best ship or best sam time.

but *please* don't give anything away about the plots!!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Loved your short story, Sal! SJ_green.gif

Comment

created by fems & A Karswyll

Comment

Only 3 weeks until it's Shipsgiving!

And just bringing this forward, in case anyone has overlooked it and still wants to sign up for this year's Secret Santa! I think atlantis_babe34 was the last contribution to the list, aside from Pol's more recent comment. Correct me if I'm wrong, though!

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                Overview of members interested in participating in Secret Santa this year:

- Sparky She-Demon
                - A. Karswyll
                - fems
                - IamDKScully
                - Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse
                - Nei
                - Nolamom
                - Selene0789
                - XFchemist
                - Cairistiona
                - Atlantis_babe34
                Originally posted by Pol View Post
                Popping back in. So...what's the status of the Secret Santa list? I'm interested, if you're still taking names.

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                I'll put your name on the list.

Anyone else who wants to join in on Secret Santa let me know in the next week or so.

I'll be putting out assignments at the beginning of November.
                SJ-xmasKISS_zps467c64eb.gif
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Ah, I had so much fun last year with the S/J secret santa.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

LOL.

You are Samantha Carter
                    Samantha Carter 97%
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i'm still reading stargate novels, and i'm at the end of my second list. the first list was of THE best of the novels, the second is, the second best , but i'm about to start of the third list... and i'd like some advice.

here's the list -

SG1-06 Siren Song
                      SG1-12 Do No Harm
                      SG1-13 Hydra
                      SG1-14 Valhalla
                      SG1-16 Four Dragons
                      SG1-21 The Drift
                      SG1-22 Moebius Squared

i'd like to know which ones have the most (if any) 1- ship, 2- sam screen time, and 3- anything yucky that i need to be warned about.

and i'd like to know which order you think i should read them, to be left with either the best ship or best sam time.

Moebius Squared is alt. timeline Sam/Jack shippy although there are hints at our Sam/Jack ship but they're quite subtle (two moments, in the middle with "the Sams" and at the very end, spring to mind). It seems quite Sam-centric to me as well (and there's a cameo from Hillary Clinton lol)
                      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

if it were 5 weeks before sam and 's wedding, and it was sam's birthday, what would jack get her to let her know he (still) loves her?
                        A Quark model. Or whatever the doohickey thing is called, that he picked up off her desk in Past and Present.

Last edited by UhSir; 24 October 2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          I tried a couple of different things. Just coloring the hair blonde was too brassy. So, I replaced the hair entirely with her short locks and painted in her shoulder. Then I tried it with replacing her entire head from another picture of her.

{{snipped pics}}
                          Wow that's very cool. And a lot of work.

And I love the little extras you add into the background.

Comment

Sal, where's your list of "the best"? I want to read them.

here's the list -

SG1-06 Siren Song
                            SG1-12 Do No Harm
                            SG1-13 Hydra
                            SG1-14 Valhalla
                            SG1-16 Four Dragons
                            SG1-21 The Drift
                            SG1-22 Moebius Squared

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

created by fems & A Karswyll

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X