Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
    I like everyone's answers! Creative and simple, I like that.

I think I'll try my hand at it...

and are fishing (and I mean actual fishing, not what some have turned fishing into around here...). I am also in the camp that the engagement happened sometime between season 8 and 9.

Anywho...
    Sam: I'll miss our fishing trips.
    Jack: You know we won't be that far away.
    Sam: Jack...Nevada and DC aren't exactly close...
    Jack: 2,430 miles, give or take. I Googled it.
    Sam: *smiles* You know...I've been thinking...
    Jack: I seriously doubt you stop.
    Sam: Jack...I'm trying to be serious here.
    Jack: So am I, I said 'seriously', however, go ahead.
    Sam: Maybe the fishing trips don't have to end.
    Jack: What do you mean?
    Sam: I mean...what do you think about you and me fishing...forever?
    Jack: *clears his throat* I did say always.
    Sam: Yes, you did...
    Jack: I think that could be arranged.
    Sam: So, that's a yes?
    Jack: Of course it's a yes, Carter.
    Sam: I guess that means we're engaged?
    Jack: Yes.
    Sam: Sweet.
    Jack: *smiles* Yes, and you asked me.
    Sam: For some reason I knew you would say yes.
    Jack: You know they say great minds think alike. *pulls out a burgundy ring ebox and hands it to Sam*
    Sam: Jack...
    Jack: Sam...
    They kiss...the end...err...beginning.

I just love the thought of Sam proposing...it's so...romantic (to me). Anywho...Thanks for playing!
    I am also in the same camp that Sam and Jack were engaged between Season 8 and 9, whether they married in that time frame, I don't know. My shippy heart wants to believe it, but until I see rings on their fingers, I can't.

Loved the proposal. Jack wanted Sam to be happy, always waiting for her to make the decision. They were always thinking on the same wavelength, so it doesn't surprise me that he would have the ring already.

Family OT - It's late here in Michigan, but I am unfortunately up with a sick 5 year old.
    sigpic
    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      This pic is adorable, but the tags are kind of in the way for me. Therefore, I had to remove them:

Comment

Happy Birthday
        Brooke!
        (JackAndSamAddict)

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
          This pic is adorable, but the tags are kind of in the way for me. Therefore, I had to remove them:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...rdarcuntag.jpg

Wow! That had to be painstaking work. Very lovely indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
            Happy Birthday
            Brooke!
            (JackAndSamAddict)
            HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
            I'm just gonna need your fave colors, shows, ships, etc...
            Just VM me with your answers please. Thanks!
            I'm really off to bed now, night!!
            sigpic

Comment

Bren: amazing drabbles!! it wouldn't let me green you so...
              virtual green!

I love all the proposal stories!! *fluffy sigh*
              I agree that Sam proposing is cute but I like the ones in which they both had the same idea more

I need to spend more time around here, shippers always make me
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                Oh...how I love that vid by UhSir!!!

And I love the other one you posted too, Amanda. I just hate YouTube because I can't get the YouTube downloader thing to work for me...and when I see a great vid, I want to save it!!! I'm always happy to see people use MegaUpload or another site where I can download the vids to my hard drive.
                I use this software to download YT vids:
                http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products...e-Download.htm
                It works very well
                (...and take a look to my vids too )
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

*runs in*

Hello Ship Family! Long time no see...

Apparently we can embed videos

I like this one - a little bit angsty.

*wonders if this will make her revisit all her bookmarked vids on YT only to discover they're not there anymore *

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Didn't even bother reading past the first bit cause, yeah. Exactly. If they went through the events of Threads and still didn't get together after 10 years then they're so dysfunctional and maladjusted that it hardly even matters anymore.

And yes, I know, I'm putting my interpretation of the events of Threads before other people's, but it is *mine* and you can't convince me their having waited to do much far beyond the events of Threads makes one bit of sense and isn't desperately OOC.

Like this. Though that will seem rather disjointed if you haven't read the rest of the fic. Still, that's how it happened in my universe.

EDIT: And, disclaimer, I wrote that a LOOONG time ago and there are a few details which would be slightly different if I were writing it now, but it's close enough.
                    I think it's okay to put your own interpretation above someone else's LOL - but yeah, I'm in the camp that "Threads" meant they figured stuff out and finally stopped being communicatively challenged.

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                    I am also in the same camp that Sam and Jack were engaged between Season 8 and 9, whether they married in that time frame, I don't know. My shippy heart wants to believe it, but until I see rings on their fingers, I can't.

Loved the proposal. Jack wanted Sam to be happy, always waiting for her to make the decision. They were always thinking on the same wavelength, so it doesn't surprise me that he would have the ring already.

Family OT - It's late here in Michigan, but I am unfortunately up with a sick 5 year old.
                    I want them to be married but at the very least I think they're fishing on a semi-regular basis. Metaphorically fishing.

And on the sick 5 year old. I have a 3 year old and it makes me so sad when he's sick.

Comment

And on the sick 5 year old. I have a 3 year old and it makes me so sad when he's sick.
                      Sniff! My 11 month old and 5 year old are both sick, too!

And I firmly believe that it was settled before they went fishing together at the end of Threads. There's my vote!
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                        I want them to be married but at the very least I think they're fishing on a semi-regular basis. Metaphorically fishing.
                        Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        And I firmly believe that it was settled before they went fishing together at the end of Threads. There's my vote!
                        Mine too. Though the kind of people they are (IMHO) whether they're married or not has less to do with their *relationship* and more to do with legal and social position. Which is to say, whether they're married or not has little to do with the type of relationship they have as they've been pretty much acting married when around each other for years.

Except for fishing. Which I'm assuming they do now frequently. Both kinds. (though - pet peeve - having either Sam or Jack refer to 'fishing' as 'fishing' cause that's just fanon taking WAY over canon )

Though as most people know I vote for marriage sooner rather if for no other reasons than the realities of life in the military and how that certificate makes a WHOLE lot of things far, far easier. Plus given I think Sam's greatest fear is being left (and she's been 'engaged' twice before) I can't see Jack having any reason to put if off given he seems like a fairly settling-down kinda guy.

EDIT: And none of my kids are sick, though my 6 year-old daughter is running around in her witch Halloween costume and my 9 year-old is wearing a rubber skeleton/ghoul mask and waving a plastic scythe as I type this, so there's sick and then there's 'sick'... (honestly.. my kids.. anyone surprised?)

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          Mine too. Though the kind of people they are (IMHO) whether they're married or not has less to do with their *relationship* and more to do with legal and social position. Which is to say, whether they're married or not has little to do with the type of relationship they have as they've been pretty much acting married when around each other for years.

Except for fishing. Which I'm assuming they do now frequently. Both kinds. (though - pet peeve - having either Sam or Jack refer to 'fishing' as 'fishing' cause that's just fanon taking WAY over canon )

Though as most people know I vote for marriage sooner rather if for no other reasons than the realities of life in the military and how that certificate makes a WHOLE lot of things far, far easier. Plus given I think Sam's greatest fear is being left (and she's been 'engaged' twice before) I can't see Jack having any reason to put if off given he seems like a fairly settling-down kinda guy.

EDIT: And none of my kids are sick, though my 6 year-old daughter is running around in her witch Halloween costume and my 9 year-old is wearing a rubber skeleton/ghoul mask and waving a plastic scythe as I type this, so there's sick and then there's 'sick'... (honestly.. my kids.. anyone surprised?)
                          I agree, marriage certificates make things so much easier The way I've imagined the proposal was something along the lines of them talking and deciding to get married to which Sam replies that they ought to just elope and do it within the next few days because for crying out loud, she's already been engaged twice - let's just get to the main event.

As for kids - my little boy just has a mouth on him. Much like his mother.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            let's just get to the main event

And down into the gutter I go, whistling. . .
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I liked the fluffy engagement stories!

I do agree with the others who think that S/J got married "fast" and won't deal with a long engagement; certainly not when you think about Sam's previous ones
                              I'm still in the camp that they got hitched before episode 6 of S9 One can hope right?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                I'm still in the camp that they got hitched before episode 6 of S9 One can hope right?
                                *headdesk* apparently finishing one angsty story sunk me in the gutter for a bit.

The real reason Jack's knees keep getting worse:
                                Spoiler:

By which, of course, I only mean cause he had to duck beneath the camera's field of view fast so Cam wouldn't know he was there... Honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X