X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
    Hahahaha sorry, pulling myself together after reading this fic

A Christmas Most Fowl

If you haven't read it, you should, its hilarious and sweet.
    I love that story.

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
    I'll swap with you. Imagine what Sam and Jack would earn as a couple. Romantic cruise? I think so...
    I looked it up, and between the two of them, they would likely be taking in about $250,000 per year.

A Colonel gets paid about $100,000 per year.
    A Brigadier General gets paid about $150,00 per year.

And a Major General (isn't that what Jack is now?) gets paid about $250,000 per year ($9,500 per month).

They could do pretty much anything they wanted to ... within reason.

And that's not even counting hazard pay that both would have gotten over the years, though after becoming a general Jack wouldn't likely be getting any hazard pay. And since likely neither one of them has spent much of their wages over the years, they'd have quite a tidy little savings/nest egg saved up.

Comment

I haven't voted yet...but I'm too lazy to go back and find the last post...

Anyway, does anybody remember pics of Sam and Jack (together or separated, it doesn't matter) that could be used to create a manip where it seems that they are lying down and facing each other?
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
        Awww, he's a teddy bear! ... With a zat and a P-90
        I love Jacob. I just wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him... I'd run away like Jack!
        sigpic
        Sig made by Nola
        Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

I found a fic where Jack's in trouble with Jacob, there's also a toddler and too much ice cream and I can't leave that one alone either at the author - I spotted the sequel too. I'll be in trouble with murrinholi (another newbie) I promised her another chapter of my fic tonight. Can't stop reading though!
          Title and author? Link?

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
            I love Jacob. I just wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him... I'd run away like Jack!
            That supply closet could get very crowded with all the people likely to be hiding from Jacob.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              That supply closet could get very crowded with all the people likely to be hiding from Jacob.
              I bet Sam would be in there on occasion too! *Can't deal with dad right now. Hide me!* (I know I'm like that with my dad at times)
              sigpic
              Sig made by Nola

Comment

I love that story.

I looked it up, and between the two of them, they would likely be taking in about $250,000 per year.

And a Major General (isn't that what Jack is now?) gets paid about $250,000 per year ($9,500 per month).

And that's not even counting hazard pay that both would have gotten over the years, though after becoming a general Jack wouldn't likely be getting any hazard pay. And since likely neither one of them has spent much of their wages over the years, they'd have quite a tidy little savings/nest egg saved up.
                Wow, then, definitely more than a luxury cruise they could afford... Another reason they should be together. ^_^ Not that there aren't plenty already.
                Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
                My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Title and author? Link?
                  Sam's Return - Don't let go

I'm on chapter 6 at the moment and enjoying it so far
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                  If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I'm definitely in the wrong job...

Man the things they could do with those wages!
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by Nola

Comment

I love that story.

Jack's a three star in SGU and by that time he's got more cumulative years in the service too, so he makes even more than that.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Sam's Return - Don't let go

I'm on chapter 6 at the moment and enjoying it so far
                        Don't read it... It's awful!....
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by Nola

Comment

The best shippy moment is...

Season 1: Politics - Jack is stunned when he finds out his alternate reality self was engaged to Sam ("Engaged?!"), and Sam's a little annoyed with his incredulity. (9)

vs.

Season 5: Desperate Measures – Jack will do anything to find Sam, including giving up his National Geographics (3)
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post

Anyway, does anybody remember pics of Sam and Jack (together or separated, it doesn't matter) that could be used to create a manip where it seems that they are lying down and facing each other?
                            I'm wondering if there are any shots of them separately in Solitudes, that's all I can come up with so far. And I think there's a shot of Sam lying down facing the camera in the bedroom scene with Pete I'll have a look at that scene in Solitude if you want? oh just thought erm, series 8 episode 1 after they save Sam from Fifth she's sort of on the floor but she's looking up and the next shot he's looking down, not exactly what you're looking for but it just popped into my mind. I've got the eps here so I can cap them if you want.
                            Last edited by neverendingimagination; 27 March 2013, 12:17 PM.
                            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

If you want something guttery you could try one the frames from Broca just after Sam and Jack roll off the bench and onto to the locker room floor like this. Just need to change the background.
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working on a new vid for Ship Day?
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X