Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Is he that touchy-feely with all his female guests?
    Yep, he's a total perv! He slept with Pamela Anderson once and it went to his head. He now thinks he's God's gift to all women. It's not often I dislike TV people that much but the whole T4 cast bug the heck out of me!

Edit: I also just noticed he called Jack "Captain O'Neill" - for cryin' out loud! He's not Jack Sparrow lol
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
      I wonder what kind of pie Sam would bake for Jack.

For Jack, pie is pie and he'd eat them all unless of course he has a food allergy of some sort. Of course I'm only talking about dessert pies.

Hmm, all this thinking about pies has given me a hankering of some nice apple pie with grated cheese and ice cream.
      Not sure who'd make this for whom, but I'm sure they'd both enjoy it.

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
        Just came across this (please excuse Steve Jones and June Sarpong, on behalf of the Uk I apologise for their existence they're so annoying!) but check out 10.45 onwards *shippy squee*

http://youtu.be/Ns-wtIMGkOE
        seeing amanda as a blonde kinda threw me for a loop there. i'm so used to her as a brunette now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          seeing amanda as a blonde kinda threw me for a loop there. i'm so used to her as a brunette now.
          Because of Helen?
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Yep, he's a total perv! He slept with Pamela Anderson once and it went to his head. He now thinks he's God's gift to all women. It's not often I dislike TV people that much but the whole T4 cast bug the heck out of me!

Edit: I also just noticed he called Jack "Captain O'Neill" - for cryin' out loud! He's not Jack Sparrow lol
            there are a lot of tv personalities i don't like. can't think of any right now but there are quite a few. lol. if you think about it, in the navy, Captain is the equilvance to the rank of Colonel.

Comment

there are a lot of tv personalities i don't like. can't think of any right now but there are quite a few. lol. if you think about it, in the navy, Captain is the equilvance to the rank of Colonel.
              And I suppose the Asgard did have a ship called the O'Neill.

Also, Steve Jones? Not that bright, he probably wouldn't know that.
              Last edited by AmberLM; 14 March 2013, 01:09 PM.
              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Just came across this (please excuse Steve Jones and June Sarpong, on behalf of the Uk I apologise for their existence they're so annoying!) but check out 10.45 onwards *shippy squee*

http://youtu.be/Ns-wtIMGkOE
                There's a thread here in Gateworld that was a spin-off of the UK Schedule thread that is called Gaters Against T4. It was a fabulous thread where we could all complain and moan about those idiotic presenters. T'was fun.
                sigpic

Comment

And I suppose the Asgard did have a ship called the O'Neill.
                  Yes, they did. But Sam blew it up.

In Season 8, they also had one called "The Daniel Jackson", which I thought was quite a slight to Sam, since she did more for the Asgard than any of the rest of the team did. She should have gotten a ship (or a fleet) named after her before Daniel got one.

Comment

In Season 8, they also had one called "The Daniel Jackson", which I thought was quite a slight to Sam, since she did more for the Asgard than any of the rest of the team did. She should have gotten a ship (or a fleet) named after her before Daniel got one.
                    Maybe they named a planet after her instead, but just never thought to mention it. They were, after all, kind of matter of fact about naming both ships.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Okay kiddies. check this out.
                      Arkalis interactive narrows down the SG-1 Unleashed timeline

at least with this i know where i could posssibly place my fic version of this game.
                      season 5 is what it says. i don't understand why they're so far back in the series...

but i'm not sure i want this game to be the official progression of the franchise anyways, b/c i'm hoping for some movie or new series to take the franchise storyline(s) forward.

but it's still weird that it's season 5...
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Actually, they built and deployed the "Sam Carter" prior to their homeworld's destruction in S10. Aboard is a repository of all their knowledge and the consciousnesses of select members of their species. It was launched toward the Pegasus Galaxy in hopes of contacting the remnants of their race there -it holds a secret: the DNA that will be critical to restoring their dying race to viability once again...a gift from their dearest allies and friends, General Jack O'Neill and Lt Colonel Samantha Carter (O'Neill)...

...um...I guess I'm hallucinating again...time for my meds...
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          season 5 is what it says. i don't understand why they're so far back in the series...

but i'm not sure i want this game to be the official progression of the franchise anyways, b/c i'm hoping for some movie or new series to take the franchise storyline(s) forward.

but it's still weird that it's season 5...
                          I started playing the game... See below for a little more on the timeline of the game, beware there are major-ish spoilers for the beginning of the game.

Spoiler:
                          The game starts during season 8 when Jack is a General and in charge of the SGC. Daniel and Jack make a run for the gate, trying to escape with information about a new enemy before the self destruct detonates. Jack makes it through the gate to travel back in time (the how is not explained) to deliver the information on Daniel's glasses (Daniel died right before reaching the gate). It seems like the episode takes place in season 4 because they talk about Martouf and his death.
                          sigpic

Comment

My favorite obscure shippy moment is:
                            1. Season 4, The Light: Sam learns that Jack made (and lost) a bet with Daniel about her
                            2. Season 2, A matter of time: when Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travelling to him again
                            3. Season 3, Fair Game: When Sam goes to wish Jack luck with the negotiations (which is after the more obvious shippy moment lol)
                            4. Season 2, Secrets: when Jack meets Jacob and Sam/Jack share the "We have our moments" smile
                            5. Season 8, Threads: the looks, Sam's (second) use of 'Jack-isms' and the double entendre just before Daniel appears: "Ya think?" *gazing at Sam warmly* "I do!"
                            6. jack being concerned for her in the tok'ra part 1 when he tells martouf that he wants her home by midnight.
                            7. The double-or-nothing bet about the crossword in Lost City. I just love how Sam is puzzled by the fact that Jack spent all that time in his truck to finish the puzzle despite the fate of the galaxy being at risk and then he oh so proudly hands over the crossword to her. Plus, Sam's reactions when she reads what he actually wrote!
                            8. When they first arrive in the City of the Lost in Fallen, Jack says that Teal'c plays a Jaffa on TV - Sam bites her lip to keep from giggling.
                            9. SG1 just got Ishta and all the female Jaffa out of the clutches of Molech. One of them's in the infirmary and as they're talking about Jack she starts telling Sam that one day she hopes to have that kind of bond as well. Sam goes off on how it's not that kind of bond etc completely misinterpreting what female Jaffa meant. (Does anyone else remember this one?)
                            10. Lost City Sam's interview where basically she gushes about her CO who's done more for the program than anyone's ever done for anything. (in love much)
                            11. Season six, the Cure (I think) when Jack asks how the symbiote can have kids without a "man-friend", and then he turns a cute befuddled look at Carter
                            12. When SGA1 and Martouf are going to Netu and Martouf is pushing Sam to try again with the memory recall device, and Jack takes him aside and in no uncertain terms tells him to back off, that's she's doing the best she can. And when Martouf tries to argue about the stakes in the mission, Jack tells him she knows very well what the stakes are and that it's her own father involved in the mission. (I felt like Jack wanted to punch Marty about then.)
                            13. Season 5: Red Sky. When Jack looks at Carter after she explains about a shift in light frequency and says he thought he was having a stroke.
                            14) in enemies when jack and sam are walking through apock-head's mothership (that's what jack called in the COTG final cut) and sam tells him she's having a good time and he tells her "You go girl"
                            15. 'Jolinar's Memories': Jack objects to the guards taking Sam to Bynarr, gets shot, and Sam steps between Jack and the guards, holding her hands up to get them to leave him alone.
                            16. Prometheus: When Jack wants to call the ship the Enterprise and Sam tells him they can't
                            17. In either Exodus or Nemesis: SG-1 plus Selmak/Jacob have been flung into the far reaches of space. Jack and Jacob get into a friendly verbal sparring session, and after Jacob delivers a parting quip, Sam follows her father while telling Jack "Welcome to my life".
                            18) In "Avenger 2.0" when Felger's machine explodes in his lab and Sam ducks behind Jack to shield herself from the sparks.
                            19.) Season 7: Death Knell. When Jack held Sam after rescuing her at the end of the episode. I loved the interaction when she handed him the piece of the weapon before he could finish asking her for it. Then he held her close as she rested once Anubis' soldier was destroyed.

20) Season 3, Crystal Skull: Lap sitting. 'Nuff said. (maybe not obscure enough...)

21) Season 7, Space Race: Jack stands close to Carter, looks at the schematics she's holding and says "that's not our language". and she returns with "It's mine, sir." Then he rubs her shoulder a bit-- can't tell if it's affection or apology, but either way, it's adorably shippy. Actually, that whole scene, including the bit with Teal'c, is entirely shippy. Why don't we talk about that one more?
                            Last edited by selene0789; 14 March 2013, 04:35 PM. Reason: Actually...

Comment

SG-1 Unleashed to appear on PC and Maybe 360.

im going to save my cash and just wait for the PC version.
                              Yep, me too. Now I'll have to rely on those who have bought the android version to provide some spoilers.
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                Actually, they built and deployed the "Sam Carter" prior to their homeworld's destruction in S10. Aboard is a repository of all their knowledge and the consciousnesses of select members of their species. It was launched toward the Pegasus Galaxy in hopes of contacting the remnants of their race there -it holds a secret: the DNA that will be critical to restoring their dying race to viability once again...a gift from their dearest allies and friends, General Jack O'Neill and Lt Colonel Samantha Carter (O'Neill)...

...um...I guess I'm hallucinating again...time for my meds...
                                And you are writing this story when????

Comment

Working...
                                X