Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
    I think the longest time I've gone without internet is... from about the day after I registered (Sept. 29th) to mid about October (The 15th) And that was pure torture! Though it was kind of before I became a fully integrated part of this ship family.

SJ FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Man, I remember when Al Gore invented the internet. O.o LOL - I was 14 when I got my first e-mail account with AOL 2.0! Yup. The little man lighting up as the computer made those modem sounds. Was that really 13 years ago? Oh hey Val, you were just being born. Oh dear. I need to lie down.

On another note, that was a year before Stargate SG-1 premiered I still can't believe I went through all of high school and college and *never* heard of it. I seriously had no idea that it existed and I'd even rented the movie in college. If only I'd known I could have done something in my boring philosophy of language class while the teacher waxed poetic about dogs and pain (and yet nothing about the actual topic of the class). I could have been writing fanfic. I could have been WATCHING. I could totally written my senior thesis on Jack and Sam instead of Mozarabe - an obscure population of Spain the lived during the Muslim occupation of the Iberian peninsula. And yes, it is as boring as it sounds.

:: mutters ::

But I found you all now.

Comment

Another ficrec. I know a bunch of us just "discovered" Akamimom, but I thought I'd share anyway. Can't put down her Wizard of Mazd. Great fun, fantastic writing, a little 'fantastical' but still really, really enjoyable. Not a grammatical error to be found (oh, be still my heart).
      Wow, again, I'm humbled. It was my first foray into "big" fic, and I had a ball! Anything, of course, to hear Teal'c say, "Flying Monkeys".

I think the longest time I've gone without internet is... from about the day after I registered (Sept. 29th) to mid about October (The 15th) And that was pure torture!
      My DH and I took the kids to Disneyland for Christmas this year, and the hotel's promised high speed internet didn't work, and it about killed me. I pride myself on being "non-technological"--but I guess I'm being converted. Not sure how I feel about that. . .
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Random silly question....

Any old-timer Shippers happen to have a copy of the oh-so-amazing 2004 Best Shippy Vid "Desire" by SNY? I lost my copy and can't seem to find any active links for it left on the net. And they say nothing ever disappears from cyberspace. Bah!
        Love and hot fudge,
        Bren Ren
        ~
        My stories!
        ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Oh my.

I read that and got a mental image of Sam and Jack actually *physically* stuck together. Now there's a fic I'd like to read!
          There is a really funny story out there in fanfic land wherein Jack and Sam get literally stuck together by some gluey substance they ran into on another planet, and Daniel and Teal'c get stuck together by the same substance, and they all have to be confined to a room(s) on the base until somebody can figure out how to get them all unstuck. I have to do a little exploring to find it, unless somebody else remembers the title and author before I get to it. It's really quite good, and very funny.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          Another ficrec. I know a bunch of us just "discovered" Akamimom, but I thought I'd share anyway. Can't put down her Wizard of Mazd. Great fun, fantastic writing, a little 'fantastical' but still really, really enjoyable. Not a grammatical error to be found (oh, be still my heart).

And, to all awaiting a Campfire and/or Embrace Me, patience.
          Spoiler:
          Apparently winter break sucked out all of my mojo. Add to that a ruptured L5/S1 disc, managed by REALLY STRONG pain meds, and now the beginning of term, and I'm a bit behind on the writing. I'm not giving it up, I promise. First to be posted will be...wait for it, Amanda...an Embrace Me based upon Entity. I just need a few days to settle back in and learn how to effectively manage Percocet and driving/teaching/doctoral program. On the plus side, I've been invited to participate in a writing fellowship over the summer. On the down side, I have to have back surgery to fuse the spine.

I'm done whingeing now...I've got nothing to ***** about when you look at things globally.

Any new news since I've been off the grid?
          Back troubles OT:

Spoiler:
          As to your back problems, it's okay to whine about it or talk about it in spite of all the other stuff going on in various parts of the world. I have experienced some serious back pain in the past, and it didn't relieve it any to know that there were people worse off in the world than I was at the time. (Numerous years ago, I spent nearly two weeks in the hospital, flat on my back, unable to stand by myself without assistance, and even with assistance it still hurt so much I could barely think about anything else.) My sympathies? Condolences? Empathy?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            There is a really funny story out there in fanfic land wherein Jack and Sam get literally stuck together by some gluey substance they ran into on another planet, and Daniel and Teal'c get stuck together by the same substance, and they all have to be confined to a room(s) on the base until somebody can figure out how to get them all unstuck. I have to do a little exploring to find it, unless somebody else remembers the title and author before I get to it. It's really quite good, and very funny.

Back troubles OT:

Spoiler:
            As to your back problems, it's okay to whine about it or talk about it in spite of all the other stuff going on in various parts of the world. I have experienced some serious back pain in the past, and it didn't relieve it any to know that there were people worse off in the world than I was at the time. (Numerous years ago, I spent nearly two weeks in the hospital, flat on my back, unable to stand by myself without assistance, and even with assistance it still hurt so much I could barely think about anything else.) My sympathies? Condolences? Empathy?
            OH!! Is that the Compromising Situations one? Or it's one just like it...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              OH!! Is that the Compromising Situations one? Or it's one just like it...
              That sounds right. I think there's a series of "Compromising Situations" or "Compromising Positions", including the one where they're stuck together. Thanks.

"Compromising Positions: A Very Sticky Situation" by Kate McCaye
              "Compromising Positions: Bubble Bath"
              "Compromising Positions: Tied Up"

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                Man, I remember when Al Gore invented the internet. O.o LOL - I was 14 when I got my first e-mail account with AOL 2.0! Yup. The little man lighting up as the computer made those modem sounds. Was that really 13 years ago? Oh hey Val, you were just being born. Oh dear. I need to lie down.

On another note, that was a year before Stargate SG-1 premiered I still can't believe I went through all of high school and college and *never* heard of it. I seriously had no idea that it existed and I'd even rented the movie in college. If only I'd known I could have done something in my boring philosophy of language class while the teacher waxed poetic about dogs and pain (and yet nothing about the actual topic of the class). I could have been writing fanfic. I could have been WATCHING. I could totally written my senior thesis on Jack and Sam instead of Mozarabe - an obscure population of Spain the lived during the Muslim occupation of the Iberian peninsula. And yes, it is as boring as it sounds.

:: mutters ::

But I found you all now.

I would have just been born around that time. I guess I'm lucky, and kind of born a SG lover and internet fanatic.
                I was born right between the release of Stargate the movie, and SG-1. And like you said, internet and stuff like it were out before I was born. So, uh... actually I'm not really sure where I'm going with this...
                And er, + =
                sigpic

Comment

I would have just been born around that time. I guess I'm lucky, and kind of born a SG lover and internet fanatic.
                  I was born right between the release of Stargate the movie, and SG-1. And like you said, internet and stuff like it were out before I was born. So, uh... actually I'm not really sure where I'm going with this...
                  Okay, now I'm feeling ANCIENT.

I remember getting my first computer. It took floppy disks the size of dessert plates, and had an amber screen that only did words and numbers. Nothing else. It wasn't until I came back from a stint in Argentina and got back into college that I had a computer that looked anything like what these current ones do!

And my kids ask me things like. . ."Mom, when you were a kid, what was your favorite Wii game? What internet games did you play? When did you get your first cell phone?"

Right now, I feel so ancient I could ascend!!!!
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Oh...Valerie. I'm with Akamaimom (I'm callin' you Aka for short!). You've made me feel old!

Thanks for the good thoughts folks. Annnnd...to make sure we're all about Sam/Jack here...

Edit: Erk. Lest I be chastised...yes, I know that the picture above is of Amanda and Rick. I just like to imagine it's a snapped pic of Sam and Jack on a date and Daniel surprised them.

To make up, the actual Sam and Jack.
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Lest I be chastised...yes, I know that the picture above is of Amanda and Rick
                      Spoiler:
                      I'd say it's of Amanda and Rick and the TWINS. WOW, Carter.

And Pol, you're welcome to call me what ever you want. Akamai is a Hawaiian word meaning "Clever" and it's also my business name.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Just running in to say hello...and
                        Happy birthday RDA!

Hope everyone is ok and still having fun. Even though I don't play here except on special occasions, I still love the ship...and shippers!! Long live the ship!
                        (((ShipFamily)))
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                          Random silly question....

Any old-timer Shippers happen to have a copy of the oh-so-amazing 2004 Best Shippy Vid "Desire" by SNY? I lost my copy and can't seem to find any active links for it left on the net. And they say nothing ever disappears from cyberspace. Bah!
                          I can't find a good link either, but if you give me enough time I'd upload the video to PB.

ETA: Desire
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            Oh...Valerie. I'm with Akamaimom (I'm callin' you Aka for short!). You've made me feel old!

Thanks for the good thoughts folks. Annnnd...to make sure we're all about Sam/Jack here...

<snip>
                            I'm also feeling old.

OT - health
                            Spoiler:

Feel free to whinge every once in a while. I suffer with two chronic illnesses and am in constant pain - sometimes whinging is required - helps alleviate the stress and frustration (which actually makes the pain worse so its a win-win). And while there is always someone in the world who has worse problems, it doesn't mean that yours aren't valid.

I'm also kind of in the same writing mojo low at the moment. I can't seem to find the energy.

Hopefully, things will start to look brighter for both of us soon...

And: We're talking about WOO over on the Sam/Jack Discussion thread at the mo if anyone wants to stop by and join in. We don't bite much promise!
                            sigpic
                            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              I can't find a good link either, but if you give me enough time I'd upload the video to PB.

ETA: Desire
                              Thank you! I've been searching for SNY's work for a long time. Especially for this past year since I moved and lost a few discs full of precious Stargate stuff. *cries* Why does the important stuff always get lost?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                As Amanda said, that's Compromising Positions: A very sticky situation. It's ridiculously cute

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RDA!!!
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X