• Show
Clear All

Argh! Twi!!! You changed your name!!!

*note to self - remember new name*

...I've forgotten already
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      La la la... all this talk of fishing made me want to write some gutter. So I did but tsk tsk, can't link to it from here. Don't be reading if you're underage :: wags finger ::

It's titled "Stay" - written as a post-Threads one-shot.

My Fanfic
      excelleent! *runs off to read and review*
      sigpic
      thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
        Argh! Twi!!! You changed your name!!!

*note to self - remember new name*

...I've forgotten already
        You can still call me Twi LOL - I kept the 506 so people would be able to recognize me

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Has anyone read/wrote/heard of a fic, where Skaa'ra's(sp?) wedding happened? And yes, there was some moonshine.

Wait. Don't tell me. It's chicken cacciatore again, isn't it.
          no smarty pants....it's baked chicken with a side of creole brown rice pilaf.....

You can still call me Twi LOL - I kept the 506 so people would be able to recognize me
          good thing too....otherwise I wouldn't've recognized you at all....

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
            I disagree with the bolded, because it isn't her 'not willing to die in the hope of saving the earth', but more of her 'this isn't going to work, so we need to find another solution in the hope of saving the earth' in-character. There have been several times where she questions Jack's choices, but in this moment she just feels more comfortable stating it. I do agree that Jack understands why she doesn't want to die, it does feel as if they have spoken and have created the 'social contract' that I have spoken about many posts ago. I just have a difference of opinion on how she is reacting to his command of the self destruct.
            Oh... I'm really in the minority on how I read this scene, I know that For me, though, it's not what she says because, as you say, she's argued against specific plans when she didn't think they'd work before. In this instance, though, it's the way she says it that tells me she's saying it because she doesn't want to die. Something panicky and desperate in her tone and demeanor. It's that more than the actual words themselves which strikes me as being out-of-her-normal character. Just as Jack's "Carter" is, IMHO, actually a bit harsher and more exasperated sounding than normal - like her, he's on the edge more than they normally are when about to die and take the whole earth with them. But as I said, this is one of those spots where I know my interpretation is fairly unique lol
            Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
            Ok, I know this is not the best place to ask but I've already asked on Sanctuary thread and haven't got the answer so (sorry for asking here) :

Spoiler:
            Does anyone know if Sanctuary OST will be released some time in the future?
            Haven't heard anything specifically, though I've got a very good friend who is *dying* for it

And for some reason it didn't mq properly (ha, 'some reason'), but I wanted to add that in the Moebius scene I'm fairly sure Jack balanced the box against his hip and got her with his hand closest to her. It would only have taken the slightest moment, and guys can be very.. determined.. at times.

Comment

And for some reason it didn't mq properly (ha, 'some reason'), but I wanted to add that in the Moebius scene I'm fairly sure Jack balanced the box against his hip and got her with his hand closest to her. It would only have taken the slightest moment, and guys can be very.. determined.. at times.
              His hip. . .

Spoiler:
              or something. . .
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I can't remember if I showed you guys this song or not, but ya know how much I love my country music station. I think it would be what Jack would be feeling if Sam died or if she had married .

Tonight I Wanna Cry- Keith Urban
                Spoiler:
                Alone in this house again tonight
                I've got the TV on
                The sound turned down and a bottle of wine

There's pictures of you and I on the walls around me
                The way that it was and could've been surrounds me
                I'll never get over you walkin' away.

Chorus:
                'Cause I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
                And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
                But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain

To hell with my pride let it fall like rain from my eyes
                Tonight I wanna cry.

Would it help if I turned a sad song on?
                "All By Myself"
                Would sure hit me hard now that you're gone
                Or maybe unfold some old yellow lost love letters
                It's gonna hurt bad before it gets better
                I'll never get over you by hiding this way.

Chorus:
                Tonight I wanna cry.

--- Instrumental ---

And I thought that being strong meant never losin' your self-control
                To hell with this pride let it fall like rain from my eyes
                Tonight I wanna cry...

To let go of my pain, to hell with my pride
                Let it fall like rain from my eyes
                Tonight I wanna cry...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I like that song, too. And i love what one announcer said about the video on CMT once. "Never have so many women wanted to be a guitar."

So, I know that this isn't really pertinent, but how does one download these videos onto one's iPod? I heard tell of one of you having them all. . . is that kosher to do?
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

10 Reasons Why I Love Being a Sam/Jack Shipper.
                    10. They are just
                    Spoiler:
                    sooooooooooo married

9. Two words: The Kisses. (Two more words: So Hot.)
                    8. Picspam.
                    7. The fact that they ended up together. (We all know it's true.) I would be so disappointed if I didn't ship them. ( Not shipping them?? Must get that thought out of head.)
                    6. All the great moments.
                    5. All the great fanfic and vids.
                    4. Soooooooooo many Shippy episodes to watch!
                    3. Thunkable men... Oh, getting OT here, sorry.
                    2. Penguins!
                    And the #1 Reason:
                    Spoiler:
                    1. I love being here with you guys. I love being able to talk to someone about my love for SJ. (Only SJ Shipper in the family ) But my Ship Family loves them. And you've created so many wonderful art and fic and vids. You Guys Rock!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                      I can't remember if I showed you guys this song or not, but ya know how much I love my country music station. I think it would be what Jack would be feeling if Sam died or if she had married .

Tonight I Wanna Cry- Keith Urban
                      Spoiler:
                      Alone in this house again tonight
                      I've got the TV on
                      The sound turned down and a bottle of wine

There's pictures of you and I on the walls around me
                      The way that it was and could've been surrounds me
                      I'll never get over you walkin' away.

Chorus:

Tonight I wanna cry.

Would it help if I turned a sad song on?
                      "All By Myself"
                      Would sure hit me hard now that you're gone
                      Or maybe unfold some old yellow lost love letters
                      It's gonna hurt bad before it gets better
                      I'll never get over you by hiding this way.

Chorus:
                      Tonight I wanna cry.

--- Instrumental ---

And I thought that being strong meant never losin' your self-control
                      To hell with this pride let it fall like rain from my eyes
                      Tonight I wanna cry...

To let go of my pain, to hell with my pride
                      Let it fall like rain from my eyes
                      Tonight I wanna cry...
                      Oh I love this song! Anything by Keith Urban too. We used to listen to one of his CDs during long car trips back in Australia.
                      One of my faves is 'Where the Blacktop Ends' It was sung on American Idol a few years ago. (The year Jordin Sparks won.) and I've just loved his songs ever since!

+ =
                      sigpic

Comment

I only have one complaint about the new system... I can't have my sam and jack background on my profile *pouts* *sigh* Hope they fix it soon

I shall post one of my faves by BrenRen :
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          Oh... I'm really in the minority on how I read this scene, I know that For me, though, it's not what she says because, as you say, she's argued against specific plans when she didn't think they'd work before. In this instance, though, it's the way she says it that tells me she's saying it because she doesn't want to die. Something panicky and desperate in her tone and demeanor. It's that more than the actual words themselves which strikes me as being out-of-her-normal character. Just as Jack's "Carter" is, IMHO, actually a bit harsher and more exasperated sounding than normal - like her, he's on the edge more than they normally are when about to die and take the whole earth with them. But as I said, this is one of those spots where I know my interpretation is fairly unique lolHaven't heard anything specifically, though I've got a very good friend who is *dying* for it

When you explain it by listening to the emotions behind her words rather than the actions of her words, JenniferJF, I agree with you and understand the interaction between Jack and Sam better. I can really hear (and feel) her want to live, not only for herself, but for her future with Jack. I think I need a tissue now.
                          sigpic
                          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                            Oh! That might be Gater's vid, "I Don't Belong Here." Get it here. But it's by G4 not Radiohead.
                            That's the one!!! Thank you so much!! I have it back and love it...I forgot that it wasn't by Radiohead but still I got it back! Thank you!!!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            Oh you must check out Kawoosh with 816 SJ videos Some are older, some don't work anymore but it's a great listing, and "Savin' Me" is on there, by not_a_zatarc whom I thought did one for that song. You'll have to scroll down to it and then click the little song name which will be in blue.
                            Yeah Kawoosh is an amazing site for video's but so is youtube...I love youtube...Although sometimes it doesn't show up video's even if you look for them...I recently discovered that sadly enough

As long as you don't change your avatar in the next few weeks, I am okay Oooh and also not your signature
                            Yep that is still how I recognize people...Sad aint it.

Comment

Can I just ask you guys what software do you use to make vids. you see I would like to try myself Valenship is coming and I thought, maybe, maybe....
                              Thanks
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                                Can I just ask you guys what software do you use to make vids. you see I would like to try myself Valenship is coming and I thought, maybe, maybe....
                                Thanks
                                Here you go...

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                How to make music vids:

Step 1:

First of all you need to download 2 programs…they are free downloading…
                                First you need dvd-shrink that you can download here: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
                                You will also need another program called DVDx that you can download here: http://www.free-codecs.com/DVDx_download.htm
                                When you have both programs, we can start begin with our music vid…

Step 2:

Put your dvd in from which you want a clip to use for the music vid…open dvdshrink.
                                Click on: “open disk” and he’ll ask you what disk you want to open choose your dvd and click on “ok”. Then click on “ re-author”. There on your right you see all the menus… each menu represent an ep and then you also see the extra’s…choose your ep from which you want to make a clip…double click on it…Now it should be in the window (or below) “dvd structure”
                                Then you see above it in the blue 2 arrows (see screencap: http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3777/jesse1zm7.png ) click on it…
                                Then you get another window where you just have to adjust what you want of the ep by clickin on the arrows for where to start and where to end (see screencap: http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/7665/jesse2rf6.png )
                                If you have done that just click on ok. Then click on “backup!”…you will get a new window that asks you where you want to save it… I make a new folder for it that is called dvd shrink…of course you can do however you want it…just make sure you know where you saved it so you can find it when you need it (see screencap: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4036/jesse3oh2.png )
                                You will see that they are encoding the clip that you asked for. Then you click on ok when it is finished and you can close the program now…
                                Now you already have your clip on your computer, of course it is an ifo file and you can’t do anything with that on moviemaker so…now we need to convert the ifo file into another file that plays on your moviemaker…that is where DVDx comes in

Step 3:
                                Open DVDx…go to file and then click on “open IFO”. Then you get another window and there you fill go to the folder where you saved your clip from dvdshrink. Use the one that says “VTS” in the beginning (see screencap: http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/636/jesse4vp2.png ) then it will ask you a few things…like input and so on and some warnings just click ok…
                                Then you see the beginning of your clip…then beneath you see a folder with an arrow…click on it…click on browser and give your file a name and a destination to save it. If you have done that click on “ok” and then press the red button on the right. It will start encoding and it will become a square…let it encode it all…when it is done you see that the clip is disappeared. Now you can close your program.
                                You can also now delete your files from dvdshrink cause you will not need them anymore.
                                Now you have your clip that you can use…Now you can really start with your music vid…
                                If you need more clips you will have to do that a few times for every clip…and yes that is actually the biggest thing to do…

Step 4:
                                import the clips in moviemaker and see what you can do with it in...Experiment with it
                                And you can always come and visit us here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...-family-thread

Comment

Working...
                                X