No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I think I've finally got my flatmate into Stargate (fingers crossed Jonas style...). So far she's said "that desk reminds me of those crystals on stargate" while watching the world cup (we've recently watched descent); "Mr Goa'uld?! He's not an alien is he?!" while watching some cop drama, and then when 'Nightwalkers' comes on she says "What no Jack? But he's my favourite character!"

Next step shipiness....

Comment

I thought shippiness and Stargate watching came hand in hand. *shrugs*
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        I thought shippiness and Stargate watching came hand in hand. *shrugs*
        You'd think wouldn't you? But she's only properly been watching for a few epsiodes since Meridian and so far nothing too shippy has happened (in a non-shippers eyes that is). I'm waiting for an obvious one so she can see the light...

Comment

In S6? Well, if you know what's going on, WOW! Lots of shippiness. Otherwise, it's mostly subtle.
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Well that was the whole reason I was rewatching it (that and the fact that I got too carried away with the S5 rewatch) and only carried on because my flatmate started to get sucked into it. She never took any notice when I've watched it before (and they were mainly the shippy epsiodes). I've got to do what I can to help the cause and all that...

Comment

Well that was the whole reason I was rewatching it (that and the fact that I got too carried away with the S5 rewatch) and only carried on because my flatmate started to get sucked into it. She never took any notice when I've watched it before (and they were mainly the shippy epsiodes). I've got to do what I can to help the cause and all that...
              Eventually we'll get everyone, and then TPTB won't be able to deny us anything! We'll take over the world! No! The Galaxy! Shippers UNITE to convert the Universe!

MWa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Spoiler:
              Okay--I don't know where that came from. I'm in an odd mood today, apparently. . .
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I was sad 'cause my main YT account has been deleted some days ago. It's really a pity to lose all the comments, friends and subbers (Thanks Fox!)
                So I made this little vid to cheer me up.

I have loved this song since I heard it in Star Trek Enterprise (yeah I'm a Star Trek fan too! XD)
                I put it as spoiler cos it's not a S/J shipper vid
                Spoiler:
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                  Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  Eventually we'll get everyone, and then TPTB won't be able to deny us anything! We'll take over the world! No! The Galaxy! Shippers UNITE to convert the Universe!

MWa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Spoiler:
                  Okay--I don't know where that came from. I'm in an odd mood today, apparently. . .

Muahahaha!!!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                  I was sad 'cause my main YT account has been deleted some days ago. It's really a pity to lose all the comments, friends and subbers (Thanks Fox!)
                  So I made this little vid to cheer me up.

I have loved this song since I heard it in Star Trek Enterprise (yeah I'm a Star Trek fan too! XD)
                  I put it as spoiler cos it's not a S/J shipper vid
                  *huggles* I have yet another reason to hate FOX

I'm glad you made your other accounts

The only Star Trek that I like (besides the first one) is Enterprise, so I really liked that vid
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                    You'd think wouldn't you? But she's only properly been watching for a few epsiodes since Meridian and so far nothing too shippy has happened (in a non-shippers eyes that is). I'm waiting for an obvious one so she can see the light...
                    You should have her start from the beginning now--with the very first episode! Then your roommate can see the sparks fly when those two meet. Wowser!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Things that make you go Hmmm... Vaguely OT, but definitely related to the ship. One wonders what difference this will make in the long run (or the short term, really):
                      Spoiler:
                      From JM's Blog today:

A short and early blog entry today as I’m heading off to the first stop in Robert C. Cooper’s farewell victory tour. ”What’s that?” you say. You didn’t know hew was leaving? Well, yes. Sad but true. His appearance at this year’s Comic Con panel will mark his final Stargate-related contribution, so if you happen to be in the San Diego area in late July, make sure to say goodbye and thank him for fourteen years and countless hours of gate-tastic entertainment. But, please – no tears. If you start crying it’ll only be a matter of time before he starts crying as well (the ole softy) and that’ll just embarrass him.

Is this the first anyone's heard of this or have I been *totally* clueless...?

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                        Things that make you go Hmmm...
                        I'll say. It certainly came out of left field.

Vaguely OT, but definitely related to the ship. One wonders what difference this will make in the long run (or the short term, really):
                        Things like this rarely mean something good.

Guess I'll have to make sure I get into that panel at Comic Con this year.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Things that make you go Hmmm... Vaguely OT, but definitely related to the ship. One wonders what difference this will make in the long run (or the short term, really):
                          Spoiler:
                          From JM's Blog today:

A short and early blog entry today as I’m heading off to the first stop in Robert C. Cooper’s farewell victory tour. ”What’s that?” you say. You didn’t know hew was leaving? Well, yes. Sad but true. His appearance at this year’s Comic Con panel will mark his final Stargate-related contribution, so if you happen to be in the San Diego area in late July, make sure to say goodbye and thank him for fourteen years and countless hours of gate-tastic entertainment. But, please – no tears. If you start crying it’ll only be a matter of time before he starts crying as well (the ole softy) and that’ll just embarrass him.

OT
                          Spoiler:
                          I hadn't heard anything about that!

I'll be sure to say thanks and goodbuy at Comic-Con

I think it could make a tangible difference...
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Spoiler:
                            From JM's Blog today:

Maybe
                            Spoiler:
                            he's as disappointed with SGU as are many of us?

And with regard to Res(v)olution:
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm pretty certain the script was written by Brad and Carl, not so much Rob. I don't know why I think that, but I have a vague memory of reading that somewhere. I know...unattributed sources and all that, but...hey. It's my memory, I'll remember as I like.

No matter what we see in a film, script, or what the noromo's say, Sam and Jack got together post-Threads.

So shall it be written...so shall it be done.
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Yes, Brad and Carl wrote the script
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                Maybe
                                Spoiler:
                                he's as disappointed with SGU as are many of us?

And with regard to Res(v)olution:
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm pretty certain the script was written by Brad and Carl, not so much Rob. I don't know why I think that, but I have a vague memory of reading that somewhere. I know...unattributed sources and all that, but...hey. It's my memory, I'll remember as I like.

No matter what we see in a film, script, or what the noromo's say, Sam and Jack got together post-Threads.

So shall it be written...so shall it be done.
                                Yes, last we heard Evolution is being written by BW and CB. I believe we heard that from both BW himself and JM. BW was originally writing it alone (remember him talking about rewatching the old episodes with his kid?) and then he announced CB was going to be writing it with him. I remember this specifically because it was around the time he guest blogged on JM's blog and my braver friend with a ready pseudonym asked him the question about whether he still had all the stuffed penguins sent to Bridge as part of MOP as JM had indicated or whether he'd passed them on to CB and, if so, where they on CBs desk or stuck out of the way somewhere.

I recall this because it made me do a *happy dance* for reasons you probably have to be me (or as absurdly circuitous in your thinking as me - though BW did pick that question to answer) to understand.

But the point is, RCC's location has no bearing on the location of the penguins as he'd passed his on years ago.

EDIT: Oh, and the answer which started the happiness was that BW had passed them on to CB and they were on CB's desk....

Comment

Working...
                                X