• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mala's graphics are priceless!
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post

made by Mala50

See Mala's entire Potatohead collection here.
      OMG! I cannot stop laughing at those graphics!!! Especially the "offspring" and "night to remember" ones! ROFL! Round of applause for the maker!!!
      The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the mods take exception to referring to that character in that way? Which is why he is usually designated at
        Really? I don't remember anyone being pulled up on it before... *Yells over mod* Sky?
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
          Did I mention how I love Joe Mallozzi now?
          Yep, he's always been our champion and our hero when it comes to the ship. Martin Wood was also one of TPTB on our side (see the link on previous page to AT/MW Atlantis commentary )

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
            Really? I don't remember anyone being pulled up on it before... *Yells over mod* Sky?
            From the FAQ:
            Character bashing. Every main character and cast member has a devoted fan following, so it's not conducive to the atmosphere we want to foster to outright bash one of the show's main characters. You can criticize a character to your heart's content, but please keep it constructive and tactful, and avoid outright hate.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd like to know about this too. Where's that fine line between 'criticizing to your heart's content' and 'outright hate'?
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I think Spud is pretty kind considering.
                The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                  I think Spud is pretty kind considering.
                  You beat me to it!
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                    I'd like to know about this too. Where's that fine line between 'criticizing to your heart's content' and 'outright hate'?
                    Thanks Nolamom

What Ikorni said! Yeah it's an interesting point. I've asked the mods in the appropriate thread. I suppose we'll all have different opinions on what constitutes bashing. I don't like Pete probably in much the same vein as the 'Sam and jack are part of a team not a ship' guys and gals don't like the ship. Whether he's "Pete", "Spud" or . Meh, the graphics do make me chuckle.

P.s. does Joe Mallozzi's "chump" description count as bashing since it's technically canon? He certainly wasn't pulling any punches lol!
                    Last edited by AmberLM; 15 January 2013, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Seeing as this issue is such a hot potato () and Amber's asked in the Ask the Moderators thread,I'll take this up with the other Moderators.

Regarding that "fine line" : if you're clearly joking it's one thing : if on the other hand it becomes obvious that the character's being bashed AND by extension the actor too ,then remember that piece of the rules Nolamom requoted.

Just as SJ Shippers have frequently reported any bashing of SJ Ship and derogatory nicknames for the pairing, or barbs about Jack and/or Sam ,cut a little slack where Shanahan and any other SG characters who were shipped with Sam or Jack are concerned.

The very fact that you guys are discussing this looks like not all of you agree on what actually constitutes "Character bashing" so...carry on chatting and I or Sky will get back to you as soon as possible.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                        Seeing as this issue is such a hot potato () and Amber's asked in the Ask the Moderators thread,I'll take this up with the other Moderators.

Regarding that "fine line" : if you're clearly joking it's one thing : if on the other hand it becomes obvious that the character's being bashed AND by extension the actor too ,then remember that piece of the rules Nolamom requoted.

Just as SJ Shippers have frequently reported any bashing of SJ Ship and derogatory nicknames for the pairing, or barbs about Jack and/or Sam ,cut a little slack where Shanahan and any other SG characters who were shipped with Sam or Jack are concerned.

The very fact that you guys are discussing this looks like not all of you agree on what actually constitutes "Character bashing" so...carry on chatting and I or Sky will get back to you as soon as possible.
                        I have to admit that I'm still not entirely sure where that line is. There are lots of strong feelings (even those of intense dislike) being expressed here, and expressed quite articulately and politely, in my opinion. But it's 'polite bashing' - an oxymoron I know! - (both about the character and the actor) in that sense rather than an uncontrolled, expletive-laden rant. Would that still warrant censorship then?
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

On a slightly different note, I was just refreshing my knowledge of season 7. It seems before Sam started seeing Pete we got pretty much no ship (except for the Grace kiss that never was). After, however, we get:
                          An arm around the shoulder/shoulder lean (Death Knell)
                          A snuggle (Heroes )
                          A mention in conversation with *the President* (Inaugration)
                          An almost "I love you" #1 (Lost City part 1)
                          A very almost "I love you" #2 and an obvious unsaid "I know you do, me too!" (Lost City part 2)
                          A "Jack, don't you dare leave us now, we won!"
                          And arm stroking (New Order part 2)

... So, maybe in a way, Pete was good.

I also wouldn't want to imply DDL bashing. I may not agree with the character and disagree with the writing/casting of Pete but that's nothing to do with him as a person.

Claire Danes once said something along the lines of "I don't mind if people think I'm horrible or unattractive playing a character because that's the character's fault, not me" and I think that applies in my mind with the character of Pete. As someone said earlier, a lot of people liked DDL in the commercial with the dog but not him in Stargate.
                          Last edited by AmberLM; 15 January 2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

On a slightly different note, I was just refreshing my knowledge of season 7. It seems before Sam started seeing Pete we got pretty much no ship (except for the Grace kiss that never was). After, however, we get:
                            An arm around the shoulder/shoulder lean (Death Knell)
                            A snuggle (Heroes )
                            A mention in conversation with *the President* (Inaugration)
                            An almost "I love you" #1 (Lost City part 1)
                            A very almost "I love you" #2 and an obvious unsaid "I know you do, me too!" (Lost City part 2)
                            A "Jack, don't you dare leave us now, we won!"
                            And arm stroking (New Order part 2)

... So, maybe in a way, Pete was good.
                            Heh. I can't ever see it that way, knowing the shippy moments happened behind another man's presence. It's like using something undesirable to show up the good. It's too roundabout a way for me.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                              COOL! NEW PEOPLE!!!

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome!
                              "I'd rather have died myself than lose Carter... Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."
                              My Fics | My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                years ago, when pete was first being introduced (or had been around for a bit), joe mallozzi made a comment about sam dumping pete like a sack of potatoes. with such a lovely comment, we, of course, latched on to it, and history was born.
                                haha!! I love this; bless Joe Mallozzi!
                                "I'd rather have died myself than lose Carter... Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."
                                My Fics | My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X