Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    Yep. Well, as time has gone by, on the contrary, I actually feel more strongly about it than ever, having had time to process and think through carefully how it all went down. And honestly, there's nothing really left but distaste, unfortunately. And by the time the wedding came around with the Jacob scenes, I couldn't take much more.

But....
    You do make very valid points. Affinity was ridiculous, it basically boiled down to Sam needed Pete as a plot device and then agrees to marry him because he helped her friend by doing his job!! Firstly, Agent Barrett could have done what Pete did and secondly the whole thing seemed forced. Sam barely seemed to tolerate Pete when he was around and always looked like she was chewing a wasp when he did something "nice" for her. Honestly, I've had more chemistry with gay male friends than Sam had with Pete.

But then maybe that was the whole point, she took the first guy that wasn't Jack she, of all people should know, you can't magic chemistry out of thin air nor break the laws of the Universe (or all of the AUs) lol!
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
      Yeah. I always thought Unending was an ideal opportunity for us to have a Jack and Sam 'moment' like they did for Daniel and Vala.

Anyways....
      or even in SGU... so simple to do...

they just didn't want to do it. like all the other opportunities they let blow by. but i've seen other shows do this too.

but i still haven't given up hope!

~i think part of why i can still see something happening is b/c of fan fic, and being SO brought into the story and characters. when a fan story can give me the shivers or make me squee... to me, it shows that there's still *so* much life left to tell for these characters.

i wish mgm could see this. the actors/characters are wonderful, but without great writing... mgm should find new writing blood. or at least keep rob cooper a million miles away from stargate. to me.
      Last edited by majorsal; 10 January 2013, 04:31 PM.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          or even in SGU... so simple to do...

they just didn't want to do it. like all the other opportunities they let blow by. but i've seen other shows do this too.

but i still haven't given up hope!

~i think part of why i can still see something happening is b/c of fan fic, and being SO brought into the story and characters. when a fan story can give me the shivers or make me squee... to me, it shows that there's still *so* much life left to tell for these characters.

i wish mgm could see this. the actors/characters are wonderful, but without great writing... mgm should find new writing blood. or at least keep rob cooper a million miles away from stargate. to me.
          Indeed.
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Ok then. Another 'drabble' completed. No angst this time, as promised

Lost In A Storm:

They were running at full clip, heading for the cave they’d passed earlier. SG-1 had been on the planet for two days and the full layer of dark cloud cover seemed to be a natural phenomenon of the planet. So when, without warning, during a routine perimeter check by two members of the team, the sky cracked and poured down precipitation on Sam and Jack like several Niagra Falls rolled in one, they did the only thing they could do; run like hell.
            Spoiler:

Thankfully, they found the cave opening and pelted inside for some cover. No longer being beaten down upon but bucket-sized drops, Jack began to realize that something wasn’t right. Rain should make the body cold for a while, not hot. Without hesitation the Colonel began to strip himself. Turning to Carter, he passed an instruction a bit more loudly than had probably been the intention.

“Take off your clothes Major. That’s an order!”

Major Carter took a deep breath in then did a double take. Suddenly her features seemed to change and Samantha Carter looked at Jack O’Neill with an expression that excited and terrified him all at once.

“Yes Sir.”

The words were typical but the response certainly wasn’t. Keeping the focus on Jack, Sam slowly, deliberately began undoing her clothes, starting at the top and working her way down.

Jack didn’t know whether it was the sweet stinging sensation of the alien rain on his skin; the strange vapors rising up from the base of the cave; or the sight and sound of his second in command’s BDUs falling from her hands unto the ground; that gave the unexpected heady sensation he was feeling.

As restrictive military logic silently seeped out of his consciousness, Jack’s eyes moved from the clothes piled on the ground, to Sam. The shed uniform so tangibly represented the removal of every boundary that prevented him from having this woman that he loved. The silent communication that then passed between them spoke of mutual understanding, and freedom, and need.

Jack took a step forward, suddenly realizing that, in this place, the fight was unnecessary, and resistance was futile.

End
            Last edited by trinity3; 11 January 2013, 04:21 AM. Reason: adding spoilers
            sigpic
            sig by Mada
            As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
              Yeah exactly I agree about the beer thing, it's nice that Sam can be one of the military guys from what little I've seen they're like brother and sister who constantly wind each other up and I like that, my only bone with Cam really was I just don't think it was right that he got command of SG-1.

And, FCOL, what On Earth did they want to write for Sam/Cam? *groans* why ruin a lovely friendship? And A.D. Skinner hitting on Sam? Just...ewww, no. I love Mitch Pileggi but, no.
              From an in-story standpoint, it makes sense (Sam was supposed to only be back at the SGC for temporary assignment, Cam on the other hand was there in a more permanent/regular capacity - within military regulations, Cam's command is perfectly in line with what would happen with the USAF). From a casting standpoint, I think part of it was influenced by AT going on maternity leave. I'm not saying there weren't other ways to write around it, but overall, I'm not really all that miffed by it because it fits within the given military command structure. Plus, as I've often said, the commander of a unit has to do all the paperwork. Sam has a life now. Let someone else fill out the reports

What disappointed me about Pete was the potential squandered. What I appreciate about the storyline was what it helped Sam realize about herself ("Threads"). However, I would have liked a less stalkerish guy. You know, someone that doesn't make you scream "NOOOOO" when he comes on. Instead you're cringing the whole time.

I also love the angst it created between S/J. Ah, I bask in the warmth of such emotional agony

Comment

Hehe JM is the best! Yeah I think there were quite a few of TPTB on our side although I kinda got the impression with JM that he was overruled on quite a few things from snippets of interviews I've seen... Wasn't he the one who wanted a shippy confirmation and from what I recall seemed a bit disappointed the scene was taken from Trio?
                joe mallozzi was/is an s/j shipper! he could have given us our confirmation.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

joe mallozzi was/is an s/j shipper! he could have given us our confirmation.
                  Or Martin Wood too, if I'm not wrong?
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                    What disappointed me about Pete was the potential squandered. What I appreciate about the storyline was what it helped Sam realize about herself ("Threads"). However, I would have liked a less stalkerish guy. You know, someone that doesn't make you scream "NOOOOO" when he comes on. Instead you're cringing the whole time.

I also love the angst it created between S/J. Ah, I bask in the warmth of such emotional agony
                    Yep, I loved the Jack angst particularly, I love RDA's "I'm currently having my heart ripped out but pretending it's fine" look but I watched Affinity through my hands. I couldn't watch but couldn't tear my eyes away from the car crash at the same time lol.

Comment

Yep, I loved the Jack angst particularly, I love RDA's "I'm currently having my heart ripped out but pretending it's fine" look but I watched Affinity through my hands. I couldn't watch but couldn't tear my eyes away from the car crash at the same time lol.
                      I thought it was angst that went nowhere unfortunately. The resolution just didn't quite happen enough for me. And I skipped parts of Affinity and Chimera.
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Joe Mallozzi and Martin Wood are my SG-1 heroes, they were completely up for the good ship S/J. As Nynaeve pointed out to me, JM actually stopped PDL from Sam/Cam shipping and having Caldwell perving on Sam in Atlantis - go Joe!

*Disclaimer* Any TPTB bashing I may have earlier implied does in no way whatsoever reflect upon these two amazing writers/directors.

Comment

I thought it was angst that went nowhere unfortunately. The resolution just didn't quite happen enough for me. And I skipped parts of Affinity and Chimera.
                          Yeah I think I was trying to make lemonade from lemons there.

Comment

i don't think martin was a producer (just a director), so i'm not sure if he had any power to make anything so.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

i don't think martin was a producer (just a director), so i'm not sure if he had any power to make anything so.
                              Do directors get to manipulate scenes? I don't know enough about their job to know. About the most I know is they say "look this way, stand here" etc etc. still, he has a knack for shooting shippy scenes well and lighting them!!. There was nothing more annoying in the X-Files than poor lighting so you couldn't actually see anything.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                Yes, quoting myself, I know.

It's the deleted scene from Be All My Sins Remember'd (4x11).
                                Yup.

And, FCOL, what On Earth did they want to write for Sam/Cam? *groans* why ruin a lovely friendship? And A.D. Skinner hitting on Sam? Just...ewww, no. I love Mitch Pileggi but, no.
                                Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                                To be honest, I can't really blame anyone for making googly eyes at Sam. Let's face it-- she's gorgeous. Sure those who are around her daily get used to it, or at least learn to hide the googlies better. So in Caldwell's defense, when he sees Sam he's usually just spent the past however many weeks in hyperspace with the same faces everyday, and... this is starting make Caldwell sound like a skeevy old man.

Never mind.

Edit: You know, I don't think I've seen the scene of the googly eyes. Can anyone shout out an episode name so I can do some research?
                                Well, that last time Mitch and Amanda had scene together with just them on camera was their love scene in the X-Files episode Avatar.

Martin was co-producer for all of season 7's episodes. And only for S7.

Do directors get to manipulate scenes? I don't know enough about their job to know. About the most I know is they say "look this way, stand here" etc etc. still, he has a knack for shooting shippy scenes well and lighting them!!. There was nothing more annoying in the X-Files than poor lighting so you couldn't actually see anything.
                                Yes they do get to manipulate scenes. It's part of their job description. In addition to working with the actors, the director gets to decide how the scene should be lit, how the set should be dressed and deciding if in the best interest of the story/characters a scene should reshot or lengthened or shortened or removed altogether.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X