Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Alright Shippers, it's time to begin our Drabble Challenge!

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #1
    Lost in a Storm
    I've never done a drabble before... It's quite a challenge, especially for someone who prefers writing novel-length fics. But here it is (after cutting it almost in half).

Spoiler:

He had spent most of his adult life serving his country. Did some damn distasteful things.

Some threatened to overwhelm him. Stained his soul.

Losing his little boy by that fatal gunshot had sent him over the edge.

His first mission through the Stargate gave him back his sanity.

The second a new life.

Unlikely friends.

Her.

At first he’d thought nothing of how her smile chased away the lingering darkness.

Until they were separated by a force field. Realization came crashing down on him in a storm of emotions.

He couldn’t leave her behind.

Never.

He loved her.

Always.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I totally just wrote a S/J haiku. But it doesn't really fit the prompt, so I'm hanging onto it.

hlndncr, I sure hope you can deliver an appropriate challenge prompt... this thing is awesome.

Comment

Alright Shippers, it's time to begin our Drabble Challenge!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #1
        Lost in a Storm
        Ok, I've never done a thing like this before, but somehow this came to my mind:

Spoiler:
        She was talking now what felt for him like hours. Something about solar flares and magnetic fields. He wondered if he could go to the cabin for the weekend.

'Sir!'

He realised that she had adressed him several times now.

'What?'

'Everything ok?'

'Sorry Carter, I must have got lost in this storm of science somehow.'
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          I've never done a drabble before... It's quite a challenge, especially for someone who prefers writing novel-length fics. But here it is (after cutting it almost in half).

Spoiler:

He had spent most of his adult life serving his country. Did some damn distasteful things.

Some threatened to overwhelm him. Stained his soul.

Losing his little boy by that fatal gunshot had sent him over the edge.

His first mission through the Stargate gave him back his sanity.

The second a new life.

Unlikely friends.

Her.

At first he’d thought nothing of how her smile chased away the lingering darkness.

Until they were separated by a force field. Realization came crashing down on him in a storm of emotions.

He couldn’t leave her behind.

Never.

He loved her.

Always.

Considering this is about Jack and Sam, here's one about her.

Spoiler:

She was a woman in a man’s world. Had to work twice as hard to prove herself. Get less credit.

The pressure and expectations made her strive for success.

It paid off.

She was assigned to SGC.

He turned her world upside down by simply trusting her.

Without the pressure she thrived.

She fell hard for him. Couldn’t imagine life without him.

It was complicated yet simple.

He was the safe haven when she got lost in the storm.

It was more than that.

He accepted her for who she was.

Would rather die than lose her.

It was love.
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Not so good at these, but here you go... Lost in a Storm

Spoiler:
            The wind was howling and the rain was pouring.

Yet here they were, holding each other like the world had dropped away and left them alone in this moment.

He could feel the water pouring over her back but his lips were on hers and it didn't matter.

She felt the thunder crash in her chest but all she knew was his body crushed against hers.

They could have been in any storm on any world in the universe.

Yet, like a force of nature their love was timeless and infinite.
            Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Wow! I love all of the drabble contributions. I'm so impressed!

I have been fighting computer issues in order to finish some art for Ship Day. So I haven't had time to write me own drabble yet. (It's in my head; I just need some time to get it on paper.) But so as not to be a slacker, here's an S/J haiku for Prompt # 1:

Lock'd in her embrace
              Rescue comes by faithful friends.
              The storm rages on.

@selene: Prompt or not I really want to read your haiku; so you better share it at some point. *taps foot impatiently*
              Last edited by hlndncr; 14 July 2012, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Alright Shippers, it's time for our next prompt in our Drabble Challenge!

Drabble Prompt #2
                Teasing and Compliments

Comment

That's certainly a good possibility. Unlike Hammond who only suspects Jack's feelings for Sam, Janet was in the room when they made their confessions so she knows. Janet has always been a little worried about how they would handle those feelings. So her showing some compassion and sensitivity toward Jack here after he has made the difficult choice to shoot her to protect the base/earth is certainly within her character.
                  I would say, based on his direct approach to Jack on the subject (however Jack cuts him off) that Hammond more than suspects. And Jack's reaction says he knows Hammond thinks this and he is setting Hammond straight although he's only fooling himself that no one really knows the depth of hs feelings.

Originally posted by BellaBelucci View Post
                  Woow! I have to admit that I didn't make that connection before, and I'm all about both Ships. Great catch.

~BB~
                  Hi BellaB - What's the other ship in your "both"?

Alright Shippers, it's time for our next prompt in our Drabble Challenge!

Drabble Prompt #2
                  Teasing and Compliments

What's the episode for today - Saturday. And I've been sick so missing a few days that have blurred together - wasn't there an episode you guys were supposed to do commentary on after Entity. I haven't seen any other commentary. I better go back and see if somehow I missed some pages.
                  sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post

What's the episode for today - Saturday. And I've been sick so missing a few days that have blurred together - wasn't there an episode you guys were supposed to do commentary on after Entity. I haven't seen any other commentary. I better go back and see if somehow I missed some pages.
                    Its only been Solitudes and Entity so far.... Not sure what the next one is where are you from?
                    "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                      Its only been Solitudes and Entity so far.... Not sure what the next one is where are you from?
                      Today's Lost City apparently.

Shippy Commentary

To get us into the spirit of the our upcoming shipper holiday and celebrate ten years of Ship Day goodness you are invited to participate in a group shipper commentary for ten of our favorite shippy episodes.

Episode Schedule
                      Tuesday, July 10: Solitudes
                      Thursday, July 12: Entity
                      Saturday, July 14: Lost City
                      Monday, July 16: Paradise Lost
                      Thursday, July 19: Window of Opportunity
                      Friday, July 20: Threads
                      Sunday, July 22: Beneath the Surface
                      Tuesday, July 24: Point of View
                      Thursday, July 26: Divide and Conquer

This is how it will work. On the scheduled day all shippers are encouraged to watch the appointed episode and comment on this thread as they watch. I will be watching every evening at 9 pm EST if you would like to join in live with me. If you can't make the schedule feel free to comment on any of the episodes and related discussions at anytime. This is just a fun way for us to all get in the shippy mood together.

As Jack would say . . . HAVE FUN!!
                      I thought it was supposed to be an episode a day but apparently I was mistaken.
                      On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Today's Lost City apparently.

I thought it was supposed to be an episode a day but apparently I was mistaken.
                        Thanks Fems
                        "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

i just moved to Florida (USA) It's been about a month.

Comment

FEMS, thanks for re-posting the watching order.

Comment

I just noticed something -- over our avatars -- when did it switch from Jaffa designations to Eureka stuff? Earlier I thought one of you was losing it when she said she posted just to see her Eureka name. I kept looking at her avatar name, then at her siggy and I couldnt figure out what she meant. Now I know but when did it change and why?

Comment

i just moved to Florida (USA) It's been about a month.
                                Welcome to Florida! Hope you're enjoying the Sunshine State! (You know, during hurricane season when it rains almost every day.)
                                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X