Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
    Smurf

as I was sayin' in the lounge I tend to work with unflavored gelatin and make my own custom flavors using 100% fruit juice....

Comment

my all time fav shippy SG-1 ep I think is still Window of Opportunity....that kiss.....yowza!

it's a shame Sam doesn't remember it....

and the look on Hammond's face........didn't think his jaw could go that low.....

Comment

Originally posted by Vine View Post
        Hi all - just joined GW and this is my first post. I'm enjoying reading everyone's comments - nothing like blue jello to take the stress of a long day away! I've written a number of fics on fanfic.net (vinividivinci) and decided it was time to join. Have a great day all!
        Welcome! It's great to have you and I absolutely love your fic by the way.

Have fun!
        Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Hi all - just joined GW and this is my first post. I'm enjoying reading everyone's comments - nothing like blue jello to take the stress of a long day away! I've written a number of fics on fanfic.net (vinividivinci) and decided it was time to join. Have a great day all!
          Welcome to the forum If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, we are a relatively friendly bunch.
          "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Thought you guys might appreciate this:

(click for a bigger pic)

hee hee...
            Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post

hee hee...
              LOL. This actually happened to me the other day...
              "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Welcome Vine I have to say that joining this forum has been the best decision ever! You'll love it! Keep posting so you get past the probie status and that you can have a sig, post pictures and a whole lot of other things!

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                Welcome to the forum If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, we are a relatively friendly bunch.
                Relatively friendly bunch indeed!

hee hee...
                Haha this is great!
                sigpic
                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

OT help

Spoiler:
                  I need a list of the moments of comfort between all the characters of sg1 (I do not have problem to remember the ones between Sam and Jack )
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Welcome. Love you fics

Comment

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
                      It is not the deleted "Trio" scene, it is another scene where Sam approaches the team and Amanda is saying "loser carter" and some guy (the director I presume or whoever) asks her how much should they tell and they say that she is in a bad mood or sth because her "boyfriend" is back in Washington... and the guy says "a certain general" and Amanda says "shh you are saying too much" Quite the funny commentary, really.

How can I find this commentary? I tried searching for "Quarantine" commentaries on youtube but can't find this particular one... and I am dying to know what is it about....

PS. Found a transcript of the commentary... but not the video itself.

And, by the way, this is frustrating! In both "Quarantine" and "Trio" they say that Jack is almost retired/soon to retire. Well.... define "almost" and "soon"! Does that mean that by the end of Atlantis he is retired? But he is still on duty in Stargate Universe (from what I have heard Sam is talking to him in some scene and he is still a General on active duty.) So this "almost retired" is driving me crazy.... Is there a particular moment where he actually IS retired?
                      If you have the appropriate DVDs (in this case Disc 4 of Atlantis Season 4), select the episode, select Language Selection, select Audio Commentary in the Audio and the subtitle language of your choice and select Resume Episode. The episode will then play with the guys doing the commentary talking over the normal soundtrack. For Quarantine the commentary was done by Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping.

The audio commentaries are almost always recorded with the commenters as they watch the movie/episode, so there is usually no video of the commentary. Audio commentaries are meant to heard while the video plays and give the audience additional insight on the script & plot, the action, motivations of the actors playing the scenes, behind the scenes stuff or sometimes the commenters just goofing off.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                        OT help

Spoiler:
                        I need a list of the moments of comfort between all the characters of sg1 (I do not have problem to remember the ones between Sam and Jack )
                        This is by no means comprehensive, but people can add to the list (also add other character pairs that I didn't add).
                        Spoiler:

Jack/Sam:
                        I figured that this one is easy; we all know these moments.

Jack/Daniel:
                        - "Need" - Scene in the closet.
                        - "Forever in a Day" - Jack hugs Daniel.
                        - "The Enemy Within" - Jack offers Daniel a place at his house.
                        - "Abyss" - Daniel tells Jack there is a way out, and then tells him he'll be okay.
                        - "Fallen" - Jack tries to get Daniel to come back to Earth.
                        - "Evolution, Part 2" - Jack finds Daniel at the end.

Jack/Teal'c
                        - "Lost City, Part 2" - Scene where Jack touches Teal'c's face.

Daniel/Sam
                        - "Forever in a Day" - Sam hugs Daniel.
                        - "Meridian" - Sam's scenes by Daniel's bedside and trying to heal him.
                        - "Fallen" - Sam convinces Daniel to come back to Earth.
                        - "The Gamekeeper" - Sam comforts Daniel when he's reliving his parents' deaths.
                        - "Holiday" - Sam tells him not to die.
                        - "Morpheus" - They struggle to keep each other awake.

Daniel/Teal'c
                        - "Avatar" - Daniel helps Teal'c up from the floor and tells him not to give up.
                        - "The Changling" - Daniel appears to Teal'c and tells him he's not alone.

Daniel/Janet
                        - "Rite of Passage" - the scene in the hallway where Daniel takes Janet's hand.
                        - "Lifeboat" - Daniel lies his head on Janet's lap.

Daniel/Vala
                        - "Momento Mori" - Daniel convinces Vala to put down the gun and then hugs her.
                        - "Unending" - Daniel kisses Vala after their fight (kinda comfort, maybe not... )
                        - "Avalon" - Daniel hugs her after she burns to death.

Teal'c/Sam
                        - "Paradise Lost" - Hug #1
                        - "Heroes, Part 2" - Hug #2
                        - "Unending" - Hug #3
                        - "SGA - Reunion" - Hug #4

Sam/Cassie
                        - "Singularity" - Much comfort throughout.
                        - "In the Line of Duty" - Cassie tells Sam she'll be okay.
                        - "Rite of Passage" - Much comfort throughout.

Sam/Janet
                        - "Rite of Passage" - Can't think of a specific scene, but it's throughout.

Sam/Cam
                        - "Line in the Sand" - Many scenes where Sam's hurt and then when he brings her macaroons.
                        - "Ark of Truth" - Sam brings Cam macaroons.

Sam/Vala
                        - "The Road Not Taken" - Vala hugs Sam.

Cam/Vala
                        - "The Quest" - Cam grabs Vala a tells her that she's truly a member of the team as they watch Daniel slip away.

Team/Jonas Quinn
                        - "Homecoming" - All of the goodbyes.
                        - "Prophecy" - At the end (and Janet throughout).

Sam/Team
                        - "Gemini" - At the end, they try to convince her it wasn't her fault.

Friendship/Team Videos:
                        That's What Friends are For
                        Last edited by SamJackShipper93; 16 April 2012, 05:54 AM.
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          This is by no means comprehensive, but people can add to the list (also add other character pairs that I didn't add).
                          Spoiler:

Jack/Sam:
                          I figured that this one is easy; we all know these moments.

Jack/Daniel:
                          - "Need" - Scene in the closet.
                          - "Forever in a Day" - Jack hugs Daniel.
                          - "The Enemy Within" - Jack offers Daniel a place at his house.
                          - "Abyss" - Daniel tells Jack there is a way out, and then tells him he'll be okay.
                          - "Fallen" - Jack tries to get Daniel to come back to Earth.
                          - "Evolution, Part 2" - Jack finds Daniel at the end.

Jack/Teal'c
                          - "Lost City, Part 2" - Scene where Jack touches Teal'c's face.

Daniel/Sam
                          - "Forever in a Day" - Sam hugs Daniel.
                          - "Meridian" - Sam's scenes by Daniel's bedside and trying to heal him.
                          - "Fallen" - Sam convinces Daniel to come back to Earth.
                          - "The Gamekeeper" - Sam comforts Daniel when he's reliving his parents' deaths.
                          - "Holiday" - Sam tells him not to die.
                          - "Morpheus" - They struggle to keep each other awake.

Daniel/Teal'c
                          - "Avatar" - Daniel helps Teal'c up from the floor and tells him not to give up.
                          - "The Changling" - Daniel appears to Teal'c and tells him he's not alone.

Daniel/Janet
                          - "Rite of Passage" - the scene in the hallway where Daniel takes Janet's hand.
                          - "Lifeboat" - Daniel lies his head on Janet's lap.

Daniel/Vala
                          - "Momento Mori" - Daniel convinces Vala to put down the gun and then hugs her.
                          - "Unending" - Daniel kisses Vala after their fight (kinda comfort, maybe not... )
                          - "Avalon" - Daniel hugs her after she burns to death.

Teal'c/Sam
                          - "Paradise Lost" - Hug #1
                          - "Heroes, Part 2" - Hug #2
                          - "Unending" - Hug #3
                          - "SGA - Reunion" - Hug #4

Sam/Cassie
                          - "Singularity" - Much comfort throughout.
                          - "In the Line of Duty" - Cassie tells Sam she'll be okay.
                          - "Rite of Passage" - Much comfort throughout.

Sam/Janet
                          - "Rite of Passage" - Can't think of a specific scene, but it's throughout.

Sam/Cam
                          - "Line in the Sand" - Many scenes where Sam's hurt and then when he brings her macaroons.
                          - "Ark of Truth" - Sam brings Cam macaroons.

Sam/Vala
                          - "The Road Not Taken" - Vala hugs Sam.

Cam/Vala
                          - "The Quest" - Cam grabs Vala a tells her that she's truly a member of the team as they watch Daniel slip away.

Team/Jonas Quinn
                          - "Homecoming" - All of the goodbyes.
                          - "Prophecy" - At the end (and Janet throughout).

Sam/Team
                          - "Gemini" - At the end, they try to convince her it wasn't her fault.

Friendship/Team Videos:
                          That's What Friends are For
                          Thanks!!! I think that I have enough scenes for a vid
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Perhaps you could make a thread about character comfort moments in this subforum so fans of other characters/pairing can contribute to it as well? Then it could be like a list/'database' (maybe update the first post and categorize per character) others can use for their own art as well, instead of having to do the same research over and over... Just an idea
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Welcome to the madness! But it's a beautiful kind of crazy, isn't it??
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

hee hee...
                                Happens to me all the time
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...