Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    In fanon Hammond always seems to be aware of Jack and Sam's feelings at some level (perhaps with the exception of the first two seasons), but he seems awfully surprised there! Of course it could be because he hadn't expected Jack to actually kiss her right there in front of everyone, but he had just resigned and is known to be rather irreverent...

Anyway, I was just wondering what everyone thinks about Hammond's awareness of Sam and Jack's UST/feelings. Also, do you think he knows about the confessions from the zatarc testing?
    Oh I think he knows. He's not the kind of guy who would miss something like that between two members of his flagship team. This is kind of made obvious when he speaks to Jack in 'Entity' about Sam meaning a great deal to Jack. I'm not sure about the zatarc thing though... I have a feeling Hammond and Teal'c probably have a good friendship and are likely to talk about things like that. If Teal'c didn't tell him, then I imagine Janet might of. But I think he knows that they wouldn't ever do anything about it.

Loved your caption for Pol's pic by the way
    Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Here's a new and delightful story from jennickels:

The Logic of Picking Up Women

Comment

I think Hammond is aware of the emotions. Janet would have made a full report to him (patient confidentiality doesn't exist in the military). It's one of the glaring issues I personally have with Hammond (and hey, I really like Hammond!). He should have had them reassigned immediately after the za'tarc incident, but it's television and we wouldn't have had a show if they'd done that, so that basically relegates Hammond to being a poor commanding officer (with respect to this particular issue).

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
          You saw her at a con in 1996???? I wonder because Sg-1 started airing in 1997?
          You're right... it was 2006, my brain is very bad with dates but that was way off

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
            You're right... it was 2006, my brain is very bad with dates but that was way off
            its okay, for the past three weeks , i kept writing 2011 instead of 2012 on my papers for my criminal justice classes. i wonder whats worse being off by ten years or a year?
            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 11 February 2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              i thought valenship was on the 11th not the 18th?
              Despite my campaign to have it today, the popular vote was the 18th. I will be at Disney, so unable to attend Though, I am still going to try my hardest to find a computer and wifi at some point!

As for the series Firefly, it's a great twist on the genere (it's western/sci-fi). Nathan Fillion is great. Other regulars on the show, who later came to the Stargate franchise, were Morena Baccarin and Jewel Staite. There was great chemistry and banter between Nathan and Morena's characters (Mal/Inara), and a sweet inter-racial married couple. Summer Glau, who was later in Terminator Chronicles, was also in it. And Adam Baldwin from Chuck (Col Dixon in Stargate). There was only 14 episodes, but it developed such a fan-base that they were able to make full-length theatrical movie release. I recommend it!

Okay, back OT...

Comment

Great pic-spam, hlndncr!!

Comment

Awesome picspam!

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    it took me a bit to understand why ppl were saying 'what ship am i?'...
                    *looks at ship*
                    ...and Sally is "Enterprise" *i iz jealous*

(now back to the beautiful ship already in progress...)

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    In fanon Hammond always seems to be aware of Jack and Sam's feelings at some level (perhaps with the exception of the first two seasons), but he seems awfully surprised there! Of course it could be because he hadn't expected Jack to actually kiss her right there in front of everyone, but he had just resigned and is known to be rather irreverent...

Anyway, I was just wondering what everyone thinks about Hammond's awareness of Sam and Jack's UST/feelings. Also, do you think he knows about the confessions from the zatarc testing?
                    Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
                    Oh I think he knows. He's not the kind of guy who would miss something like that between two members of his flagship team. This is kind of made obvious when he speaks to Jack in 'Entity' about Sam meaning a great deal to Jack. I'm not sure about the zatarc thing though... I have a feeling Hammond and Teal'c probably have a good friendship and are likely to talk about things like that. If Teal'c didn't tell him, then I imagine Janet might of. But I think he knows that they wouldn't ever do anything about it.

Loved your caption for Pol's pic by the way
                    Wildflower beat me to it!

If nothing else, it seems that Hammond's private discussion with Jack in 'Entity' shows that he is aware that something is brewing there...something enough for him to address Jack on a personal level. He seems genuinely sympathetic and...gentle? with what he is telling Jack (that things may get very, very bad and they might have to make some choices that may terminate Sam). It is one of my favorite ship moments -in the same vein as Teal'c's confronting Jack in the locker room in 'Grace' (I love it when outside sources SEE the ship).

I thought that Janet wouldn't have included any personal commentary in the retesting incident, and that Hammond would have been aware that the retesting confirmed that they were not zatarcs, but not the undertone of the statements (after all...what did he really say? That he cares about her...more than he's supposed to? It would take some interpretation to assign meaning to the statement alone). I'm not saying that I thought Janet would keep something from Hammond intentionally, but perhaps I was thinking that she would be unwilling to lay her interpretation of what was said out in her report.

I don't think Teal'c told anybody -he sees much, says little.

: May I speak freely, Sir?
                    : Sure, Carter.
                    : You are d*** handsome.

I love this pic, and I've been wondering: What's it from?

Thanks for the picspam, hlndncr -I had never seen the "noogie" pic before.

OT -GW family -Selene:

Spoiler:
                    Selene is experiencing a computer virus at the moment, and said in the last chapter of her fic that she may be scarce until it is eradicated from her system. Hopefully before Valenship!
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I love the mini-moments in "The Warrior"

sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Caption ideas, anyone??
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

...need I say more?

Guh!
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Carter I swear it was my side arm
                            sigpic

Comment

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff370/SaraBahama/Jack%20and%20Sam%20Through%20the%20years/Jack200.jpg

Caption ideas, anyone??
                              "Boyfriend", Carter? I'm too old to be anyone's "boyfriend", for crying out loud!
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff370/SaraBahama/Jack%20and%20Sam%20Through%20the%20years/Jack200.jpg

Caption ideas, anyone??
                                Don't forget the fishing gear, Carter!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X