Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    I laugh because I have a 14 year old girl, so while we have not had to threaten anybody yet, hubs (who reminds me of Jack in his sense of humor) grumbles about it when it comes up. I doubt he will ever do the whole 'cleaning the shotgun' routine, but he and I have talked about how protective we feel, and will probably continue to do so. Parents will always worry about their children...nomatter how old or young they are...and regardless of how much they trust them to make the right choices.

I don't believe the desire to protect (especially) Cassie, with her history, would be out of place with Sam and Jack (thanks for pointing out the little scene we got in 'Rite of Passage' hlndncr). I was thinking of the early boy interactions -prior to Janet's death, probably @ the 14-16 year range.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
      That's fine. I agree that formula has greatly improved. However, I don't think that breast milk being the best for the baby is propaganda, that's why formula is better now, because it's being made to be as close to breast milk as possible.

Certainly it's a personal choice whether a woman does or doesn't and for how long she chooses to do so. In some cases it can't be done due to medical, physical or scheduling reasons and that's fine too. Like I said, it's a personal choice, not really propoganda, or a condemnation so we're cool.
      Breastfeeding OT

Spoiler:
      I should clarify, yes, breastfeeding is "best" in the sense that we're naturally designed to produce that which is natural for baby. That said, women go to lengths that they probably shouldn't because there's a militant mindset that while "breast is best" the flip side *must* be that formula will irreparably damage your child - unfortunately I had a few sidelong glances when I gave up breastfeeding and so I feel insecure about it. I don't think Sam is this picky. I think she would take stock of the situation and determine what is best *overall*. Again, I agree wholeheartedly with breastfeeding - and the right to breastfeed wherever/whenever because babies need to eat - but I just bristle at the notion that Sam would automatically rearrange her life just to do this...so we're cool, I just like to be clear LOL

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i see jack's describing pete to general hammond
        Oh man, you had me cracking up with this one.

I come back in the thread and I read about baby!fic, kid!fic and...breastfeeding?

*walks quietly back out of the thread...wait, naahh, throws off clothes and runs nekkid*
        sigpic
        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
          Oh man, you had me cracking up with this one.

I come back in the thread and I read about baby!fic, kid!fic and...breastfeeding?

*walks quietly back out of the thread...wait, naahh, throws off clothes and runs nekkid*
          Yay!!!!! :: follows nekkid :: I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Comment

Such goings on! Tsk tsk...

*joins the frolicking*
            sigpic

Comment

*joins the nekkidness*

Just because I haven't done it in a while
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                *joins the nekkidness*

Just because I haven't done it in a while

You know what...

I haven't done this yet and am feeling left out...

Runs nekkid through thread...

OK, I feel much better now!

Off topic season 6 grumble:

Spoiler:
                I'm doing the rewatch and am starting to get frustrated with the writing in Season 6. Taken on their own, I'm enjoying the episodes, but taken in the context of the way the show progressed in later seasons, I'm getting annoyed with the writing. Things that annoy me are the introduction of ships (which I felt they relied on too much in later seasons), the undermining or just bad writing of characters to set up plots, e.g. scientists being portrayed as bumbling, incompetent fools (The Other Guys), horrendous mistakes made in security (Prometheus), mad action shots for the sake of 'cool' television (Jack firing at the invisible Ashrak in a 360° ark in Allegiance) plus a number of other small issues. On their own, none of these things would have bothered me much, but I felt these sorts of things cumulatively led to a dumbing down and drop in the quality of the show

Anyway just my opinion - rant over!
                The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                  You know what...

I haven't done this yet and am feeling left out...

Runs nekkid through thread...

OK, I feel much better now!
                  Hm, same here...

*joins running nekkid*

sigpic

Comment

Oh dear! What has become of our thread.

Comment

*runs nekkid with the other shippers*
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I am busy today - working on Valenship arties...
                        sigpic

Comment

Aw hell *runs nekkid*

You have to try everything once right?
                          Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
                            Aw hell *runs nekkid*

You have to try everything once right?
                            : You betcha!!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I'm busy writing fic
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I, for one, won't be running anywhere nekkid for the foreseeable future. I might slap myself silly. You all go ahead. I'll giggle at--I mean with you.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X