• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    [CENTER] It’s 7 Days to Shipmas
    Continued

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...7/PDVD_022.jpg
    Woolsey: Really? Because I may not have always shown it, but I do rather like Colonel Carter and General O’Neill, and I’d like them to be happy together. . . .
    Wait! You don't suppose that in his confused state of mind about doing the right thing that this is why Woolsey took away Sam's job at Atlantis??? Hoping it would allow Sam and Jack to spend more time with each other??? Awwwwww!

Comment

But ... but ... if you go to bed now you won't be the first to see tomorrow's advent card.
      And you'll have to wait until morning to discover the identity of the most unlikely closet shipper.
      Sorry...had to go to bed BUT -look what was waiting for me this morning:

[CENTER] It’s 7 Days to Shipmas
      Look What I Received
      *bombshell* Woolsey, the shipper!

Somebody tell that man that he's welcome in the Shipmas Thread -as long as he keeps it shippy!!

Mmmm...lovely!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Wait! You don't suppose that in his confused state of mind about doing the right thing that this is why Woolsey took away Sam's job at Atlantis??? Hoping it would allow Sam and Jack to spend more time with each other??? Awwwwww!
      Haha -I never thought of it that way...love how you think, hedwig!

Maybe I can forgive him for that event now...maybe...
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

hlndncr those are cracking me up ^^

I love Woolsey. But I would never dream of kissing him...like that

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          hlndncr those are cracking me up ^^

I love Woolsey. But I would never dream of kissing him...like that

Or at all...

But hey, I don't blame him for being jealous of the ship! I mean, Sam and Jack are cool and awesome, have saved this and other planets more times than I can remember and Sam got picked over him to take command of Atlantis...

Woolsey was probably still living with his mother/parents before he finally got to go to Atlantis...
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post

Woolsey was probably still living with his mother/parents before he finally got to go to Atlantis...
            Actually, he's divorced and his ex-wife got custody of the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Actually, he's divorced and his ex-wife got custody of the dog.
              Divorced and back to living with his parents?
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Divorced and back to living with his parents?
                Hmmm. Okay. Hadn't thought of that. Maybe they decided he needed to get out on his own, so he could meet more people, so he decided Atlantis must be the place for him?

Comment

What's with the Woolsey hate?! LOL I loved him on Atlantis (I admit to being a huge Picardo fan).

I think it's great that he came to Atlantis and Sam got to go home and be with Jack

Comment

What's with the Woolsey hate?! LOL I loved him on Atlantis (I admit to being a huge Picardo fan).

I think it's great that he came to Atlantis and Sam got to go home and be with Jack
                    I'm with you Nyn. I actually never disliked Woolsey. I'm he was prissy and a little annoy, but that's part of his charm.

And Yay! for Sam and Jack being together in the same galaxy. I don't think Sam would have stayed on Atlantis for much longer even if the IOA hadn't fired her. I think commanding Atlantis was a great opportunity careerwise, but I don't think she ever considered it a long-term move.

Comment

I don't hate Woolsey. I didn't like what he did to Sam, though (even though it was because AT was leaving anyway).

Besides, I am the one that came up with the notion that he went to Atlantis so that Sam could go home to Jack.

And this is OT because it's not about S/J:
                      Spoiler:
                      I was watching Season 5 of SGA the other day and noticed what luxurious quarters Woolsey apparently has on Atlantis. And it was referred to as "the Penthouse Suite". I doubt very much that Sam had the "penthouse suite", or Elizabeth, for that matter.

Plus, I also noticed that Richard seems to have quite a library of what looks like law books in his office. How did he get to bring such heavy items when the rest of the expedition was limited to a few personal belongings? Even though the others have undoubtedly accumulated more since arriving on Atlantis.

And Richard also apparently has some nice wine in his quarters, since he was seen holding a glass of wine when Teyla went to tell him she was staying on the team.

I wouldn't think even the IOA has the power to override "regulations" about what can be brought to Atlantis. And, then, there's also the 12 foot long mahogany conference room table that Richard insisted on bringing to Atlantis.

I don't like or dislike the character, though he has grown up a lot since his first appearance on the show - much like the character make-over that was done on Maybourne.

Comment

I was never really a Woolsey fan and after the way he dismissed Sam and stripped her of her command, I totally lost interest. SGA also didn't have the same pull on me as SG-1, I mostly gave it a chance because of the guest appearances and thus didn't bother much with season 5. I can't even recall if I watched it or if I just read about it.

Although I also think Sam would've probably wanted to go back home to Jack, I just didn't like the way they handled it. It was humiliating and just the final straw on how they'd handled her character since season... 9 or so.
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Okay so I made these for a challenge in the writing comm (writerverse) that I run with a Jen (she's on AO3 as justanotherjen). It's her birthday and we had to come up with greeting cards and so I made an S/J one for her and I thought you all might get a kick out of it (click to make bigger):

EDIT: (Woolsey OT)
                          Spoiler:
                          I've only watched the S.5 SGA once. I'm not saying I think Woolsey was a standup guy, but I do enjoy the character because I find the character interesting - it's the same reason I like House (the character). He's a$$ in the first degree, but oh so fun to watch. Woolsey has the same pull - he's not a hero, he's really a politician. Plus, some actors are just spectacular to watch - Robert Picardo among them. For a character that could have been incredibly 2-D, Bob Picardo fleshed him out. So I'm not defending Woolsey as this all out great guy. I'm saying that he's not *evil* - he's just...him and that he's a great character for the role he played. I maybe rambling because I'm fangurling on Picardo...
                          Last edited by Nynaeve506; 10 December 2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Isn't that just always the way?

How could Sam and Jack not kissed more with such a great excuse ready at hand?!

Comment

Okay so I made these for a challenge in the writing comm (writerverse) that I run with a Jen (she's on AO3 as justanotherjen). It's her birthday and we had to come up with greeting cards and so I made an S/J one for her and I thought you all might get a kick out of it (click to make bigger):

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp100/Twilight506/LiveJournal/th_CardFront.png http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp100/Twilight506/LiveJournal/th_CardBack.png

EDIT: (Woolsey OT)
                              Spoiler:
                              I've only watched the S.5 SGA once. I'm not saying I think Woolsey was a standup guy, but I do enjoy the character because I find the character interesting - it's the same reason I like House (the character). He's a$$ in the first degree, but oh so fun to watch. Woolsey has the same pull - he's not a hero, he's really a politician. Plus, some actors are just spectacular to watch - Robert Picardo among them. For a character that could have been incredibly 2-D, Bob Picardo fleshed him out. So I'm not defending Woolsey as this all out great guy. I'm saying that he's not *evil* - he's just...him and that he's a great character for the role he played. I maybe rambling because I'm fangurling on Picardo...
                              Cute! I like the second one best

OT:

Spoiler:
                              I've never really been a Picardo fan and the whole Woolsey character just doesn't do anything for me. House on the other hand... I love that character, but it's possible that's because he's charismatic as well.
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Cute! I like the second one best

OT:

Spoiler:
                                I've never really been a Picardo fan and the whole Woolsey character just doesn't do anything for me. House on the other hand... I love that character, but it's possible that's because he's charismatic as well.
                                It's one card - the first one is the front and then you open it up and the second one is inside.

I wonder if they would give that to Hammond

Comment

Working...
                                X