No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Stargate SG-1: A Celebration of 10 Years book is on sale - http://www.gateworldstore.com/book-sg10years.html

for those that bought it, is there 'anything' shippy in the book?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      the Stargate SG-1: A Celebration of 10 Years book is on sale - http://www.gateworldstore.com/book-sg10years.html

Much as I care about Stargate, no way am I paying $90 for a book, no matter what's in it.

Comment

I will! I love the behind the scenes stuff. Complete sucker for it.

Okay... I *might*. I'll have to see if I can afford it. But if the money's there, I'm all for it...

But you know, I wonder if-- when they get requests to get it signed-- the cast members get miffed. You know, if it was meant to be an exclusive cast/crew gift and such, it might irk them to see us nondeserving toting them around...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Much as I care about Stargate, no way am I paying $90 for a book, no matter what's in it.
          i wasn't going to buy it , but i wondered if ~the ship~ was represented in this important book.

((()))
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
            I will! I love the behind the scenes stuff. Complete sucker for it.

Okay... I *might*. I'll have to see if I can afford it. But if the money's there, I'm all for it...

But you know, I wonder if-- when they get requests to get it signed-- the cast members get miffed. You know, if it was meant to be an exclusive cast/crew gift and such, it might irk them to see us nondeserving toting them around...
            i wasn't going to buy it , but i wondered if ~the ship~ was represented in this important book.

((()))
            I have to admit that when the price went down from $200 to $90 I seriously considered it. (I'm a girl who loves a sale. )

You can see some of the signatures from books others have bought and read about who else they've had sign them on this thread.

It looks like trupi owns a copy. So you could ask her for info. Didn't explore the thread very thoroughly, but you may find other shippers there who also own one.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              I have to admit that when the price went down from $200 to $90 I seriously considered it. (I'm a girl who loves a sale. )

You can see some of the signatures from books others have bought and read about who else they've had sign them on this thread.

It looks like trupi owns a copy. So you could ask her for info. Didn't explore the thread very thoroughly, but you may find other shippers there who also own one.
              thanks!

i'll ask trupi.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

thanks!

i'll ask trupi.
                Hey, lemme know what you find out, eh? That way trupi doesn't get bombarded with a bazillion of the same question.

Comment

OMG. I just a wicked awesome idea for a fanfic/daydream.

S/J = LadyHawke

It hit me just now, and it's sending shivers down my spine. For those of you who don't know what LadyHawke is, refer to the Rutger Hauer/Michelle Pfeiffer film of the same name.

Just the visuals I'm getting right are epically mind blowing. And it would be very much epic. Ooooh... That might just have to be my next big Stargate fic. I'm really really tempted...

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    Hey, lemme know what you find out, eh? That way trupi doesn't get bombarded with a bazillion of the same question.
                    It's ok to ask It has photographs from all the episodes and behind the scene pics, but nothing really shippy. I got it to put all the actors autographs in it. It's worth purchasing at its' present price just for the cost of the two autographs it comes with.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                      It's ok to ask It has photographs from all the episodes and behind the scene pics, but nothing really shippy. I got it to put all the actors autographs in it. It's worth purchasing at its' present price just for the cost of the two autographs it comes with.
                      you know, i had a feeling your answer would be that, b/c i think i would have remembered if it had been goodly shippy.

(goodly is now a word )
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I will have to remember to put that one in my spell checker then!
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I just read the interview with David DeLuise on the GW homepage. I was quite happy that even he could read far enough into the vague hints of ship in Seasons 9 and 10 to understand that Sam and Jack are together.

DD: The realistic nature of what was going on was, in my opinion, Sam had to decide whether or not she was going to be the one to move away from their [her and O'Neill's] relationship and be with someone. Because I think everybody knows that if they could have been together, they would have. In one of the futuristic flashbacks, they have everybody together — they’re fishing — and I think that put everybody’s concerns to rest about whether they ended up together or not.
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                            Hmm, I just read the interview with David DeLuise on the GW homepage. I was quite happy that even he could read far enough into the vague hints of ship in Seasons 9 and 10 to understand that Sam and Jack are together.

DD: The realistic nature of what was going on was, in my opinion, Sam had to decide whether or not she was going to be the one to move away from their [her and O'Neill's] relationship and be with someone. Because I think everybody knows that if they could have been together, they would have. In one of the futuristic flashbacks, they have everybody together — they’re fishing — and I think that put everybody’s concerns to rest about whether they ended up together or not.
                            futuristic flashbacks?
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I'll give DD credit for understanding that he played probably the most hated character on Stargate (certainly for us shippers) and taking it with good humor. Really, most of the problems with Pete were not his fault. He wasn't right for the role to begin with (yeah he still came off as immature), but he did his best. I mostly blame the writers and the producers for the whole fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                I'll give DD credit for understanding that he played probably the most hated character on Stargate (certainly for us shippers) and taking it with good humor. Really, most of the problems with Pete were not his fault. He wasn't right for the role to begin with (yeah he still came off as immature), but he did his best. I mostly blame the writers and the producers for the whole fiasco.
                                yes, i agree, but what is a futuristic flashback?
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X