• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    The Best of the Ship is .....

"Always" (14)

vs.

Alternate Realities/Timelines (1)

Well you know me, the contrarian; so I had to give at least a little shout out to all those alternate realities and timelines where Jack and Sam find their way to one another because they are a universal constant.

See, I even have a sig for that:

So our final WINNER of round one is "Always."
    OMG. That's a gorgeous sig! *snurches*

Comment

Before we move on to Round Two, here's a quick round up of some of the highlights from Round One of The Best of the Ship.

Our top vote getters were:
      "C'mere" with 17 votes.
      Fishing with 15 votes.
      Lost City and "Always" in a tie with 14 votes each.

The match-up with the highest number of votes over all was:

“Yeah, Sir, we can’t call it the Enterprise.”
      “Why not?”

vs.

Wedding Scene (200)

with a total of 22 votes.

The closest match-up was:

First Shipper

vs.

Death Knell (S7Ep16)

This should have been a tie but for my last minute vote switching because I really had no idea what to do about a tie. (I still love you Teal'c!!!!!)

The largest voting spread was "C'mere" beating out Locker Room Wrestling from the Broca Divide by 14 votes.

And the biggest surprise of the round for me was the Grace Kiss dropping like a stone in Jack's fishless pond, losing to Fishing by 12 votes.

So now we are on to Round Two where we pit winners against winners and see what comes out on top. If you thought you faced some tough choices before, this is where you are really going to have to put your shipper blinders on and make some hard decisions.

If there's one thing I've learned so far it's that I don't understand you shippers at all. I thought I had you pegged, but almost all of my predictions went down in flames. I can't wait to see what everyone choses and why they think they've picked . . .

The Best of the Ship!

On to the the Sweet Sixteen.

Comment

The Best of the Ship is . . .

The Window of Opportunity Kiss

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.)

Comment

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.) (1)

Window of Opportunity was great and everything, and it made me grin like an idiot when I saw it, but let's face it-- it was one time and it was one time that never actually happened. So I'm voting for "The Looks". Much more prolific, much more epic, much more REAL. The Looks actually happened, after all.

I might come back to this when I can think of more to say. But my vote won't change. I'll just get more wordy.

Comment

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.) (2)

The Looks because they express so much emotion with just the eyes. I can't tell you that I love you, but I can show you. This happened throughout the years and absolutely during "Always", where she reads it in his eyes and decides, yep, you've got me.

The Window of Opportunity kiss did happen, it was just that the time loop erased it from everyone else's memory...not Jack's though. He will forever remember that dip and kiss.
            sigpic
            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.) (3)

It's their own silent language! Love the looks

Comment

The Window of Opportunity Kiss(1)

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.) (3)

Even though it happened in a timeloop, for Jack it actually happened. Which makes it real for him. And the fact that Sam (even though during the loop) kissed him back, it still happened, otherwise Jack wouldn't remember it. And since Jack instigated the situation himself, it clearly shows his feelings and he acted on them. Too muddled?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  I thought I had you pegged, but almost all of my predictions went down in flames. I can't wait to see what everyone choses and why they think they've picked . . .
                  We did it to confuse you.

Comment

The Window of Opportunity Kiss(1)

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.) (4)

As much as I love the kiss in WOO, Sam does not remember it. And the looks are such a big part of this ship since they are one of the most common ways Sam and Jack use to express their feelings
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

The Window of Opportunity Kiss (2)

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.) (4)

I love the WoO kiss because although Sam doesn't remember it, it's the closest thing we've gotten to a "real" S/J kiss. It's the only kiss where it's *our* Sam and Jack, devoid of any alien influences and actually happened (even if the timeline reset!).
                      sigpic
                      The Return of King Arthur
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

The Window of Opportunity Kiss (3)

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.) (5)

EDIT: I clicked "Reply with Quote" on Cairistiona's vote, but somehow GW put my post before.
                        Last edited by iiradned; 01 November 2011, 02:02 AM. Reason: Post numbering
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.) (5)

It's a thing they share, not only a thing for Jack only.
                          sigpic

Comment

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.) (6)

cos they can communicate to each other using just their eyes!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.) (7)

I vote for The Looks because it speaks so much to their relationship. WoO has a great lingering look from Jack after the kiss, so they sort of go hand in hand
                              sigpic

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Comment

The Window of Opportunity Kiss (3)

vs.

The Looks (fond, longing, lingering, smoldering, etc.) (7)

When I became a shipper!
                                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                                X