No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate to ask but you guys made me curious if pete is mr. potato head, does that make kerry MRS. Potatohead?
    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 14 October 2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      i hate to ask but you guys made me curious is pete is mr. potato head, does that make kerry MRS. Potatohead?
      I dunno... I always had more respect for Kerry, because she didn't stalk anyone, and she had the guts to break up with Jack instead of trying to cling onto him... In fact, she even tried to get them together by suggesting Jack retire... I think she could actually be qualified as an actual shipper, come to think of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        It was down last night when I tried to log on... don't know why!
        Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        I had not visited the site, but SamJackShipper93 noticed it was down and reported it on the S/J fic rec thread on 10/10/11. That's several days of down!
        According to the URL that pops up when going there, the account has been suspended. This usually a result of a violation of the terms of use or more likely non-payment of webhosting fees. I just hope it is the latter and that is gets resolved soon.
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Is that Kerry a hot chick kinda few days flick of Jack's? I mean the BBQ girl?
          man I sounded like todays youngsters
          If it's her, then she is OK in my books, as she had enough brains to notice Jacks real feelings and back off.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
            It's character bashing?! Ooops... Certainly didn't mean it that way. And I didn't know that's how it originated! That's cool to know . I always thought it had to do with the fact that Pete was kinda like a potato-- or any other starch... filling (or fulfilling, in Sam's case) but really kinda bland and boring all by itself, especially when compared to prime cuts of meat like Jack O'Neill...

But that's just the backstory I created for the term myself... . I really do try to not vilify Pete, unless he's in an alternate reality in my fanfiction . But I'll try to be more careful about using the term spud. I thought it was just a shipper term. I actually think that's how I found it, was through the S/J shipper dictionary...

*goes off to check, rambling nonsense all the while...*
            A lot of time we refer to Pete as - although I might have written a fic about Pete and potatoes *cough* once. It's one of my earlier stories, that's my only disclaimer...

:: runs back to lurking ::

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              RL really sucks lately ..but Sam/Jack always cheer me up
              New vid (requested by Pol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPOw2gB-ILc
              You know, I think I've watched this 30 times and I see something new each time. You hit the most amazing subtle musical cues in this. Thank you!

PS, did you ever make s'mores with the package I sent over?
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                You know, I think I've watched this 30 times and I see something new each time. You hit the most amazing subtle musical cues in this. Thank you!
                *blushes*
                Thank you!
                The next vid will be for those who live in the cavern of the angst

Spoiler:
                Yes, I tried...but in the end I prefered just the crackers with the chocolate Marshmallows aren't exactly my cup of tea But at least now I know how they taste! Thank you!
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                  I dunno... I always had more respect for Kerry, because she didn't stalk anyone, and she had the guts to break up with Jack instead of trying to cling onto him... In fact, she even tried to get them together by suggesting Jack retire... I think she could actually be qualified as an actual shipper, come to think of it...
                  Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                  Is that Kerry a hot chick kinda few days flick of Jack's? I mean the BBQ girl?
                  man I sounded like todays youngsters
                  If it's her, then she is OK in my books, as she had enough brains to notice Jacks real feelings and back off.
                  I agree. I always respected Kerry...when she saw them together, she was smart enough to see the 'ship, and she was extremely mature in not only stepping away from Jack (she could see his heart was committed elsewhere), but she also encouraged him to quit holding back and do what he had to do to secure the one that held his heart. She earned a lot of respect from me in just one ep.

Pol brings the joy and knowledge of s'mores to the world...lol
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

New Campfire.

Enjoy.
                    I really love your campfires they are so lovely!
                    If you always expect the worst you get only good news

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                      Here's the answer: http://www.madmala.com/sjshippix/Potatohead.htm

The "Potatohead" came from a comment made by Joe Mallozzi on his blog:

Of course, now all of those names fall under "character bashing" and we're not supposed to use them...
                      Had no idea it was character bashing. Guess I'll just stick with using to show my feelings. Though it may still end up ina fanfiction one day, if ever I get myself together and write one.

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                      A lot of time we refer to Pete as - although I might have written a fic about Pete and potatoes *cough* once. It's one of my earlier stories, that's my only disclaimer...

:: runs back to lurking ::
                      Aww, I liked that one Nynaeve, and the rest of your writing too!

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      I agree. I always respected Kerry...when she saw them together, she was smart enough to see the 'ship, and she was extremely mature in not only stepping away from Jack (she could see his heart was committed elsewhere), but she also encouraged him to quit holding back and do what he had to do to secure the one that held his heart. She earned a lot of respect from me in just one ep.

Pol brings the joy and knowledge of s'mores to the world...lol

Agreed. She bugged me at first, and Jack too that he would just go and hook up with her. Then I have to check myself and remember that Sam went and hooked up with , that she moved on first. Kerry had some class to not only break up with him but to push him in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by JingleBelle View Post
                        Aww, I liked that one Nynaeve, and the rest of your writing too!
                        Thanks LOL Like I said, it was an earlier fic and I think I press the boundaries of humor juuuuust a little LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          i hate to ask but you guys made me curious if pete is mr. potato head, does that make kerry MRS. Potatohead?
                          I always thought Pete was called that because of the shape of his head.

Comment

Somewhere in the depths of my pb account, I have a Mr Potatohead/ pic...
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi Shippers!

I miss you all!

I've been working crazy hours (that probably won't let up for at least another 3 weeks, maybe more) and so I haven't had much time for shipping. I know! Tragedy! I do manage to at least peak into the thread every once in a while and read all your great shippy thoughts.

I was listening to a podcast at work today. It was called Geek Fight: The Best of Stargate. It was a tournament style head to head elimination of the best things from Stargate, voted on by the roundtable guests. The list (and result) was pretty disappointing. There was a passing mention of S/J that was largely favorable, but Sam wasn't even on the list!

So I thought, maybe to generate discussion and give me lots of fun things to read when I pop on each night I could set up a little Best of Sam/Jack Shippiness tournament.

Here's what I've done. I've selected 32 things (quotes, scenes, ideas, episodes) that represent the best of the ship. Of course there are way more than 32 things that make the BEST SHIP EVER, but I've tried to make diverse selections that represent as many facets of the ship as possible.

I've randomly arranged these 32 selections into four brackets. Each night (around 10 pm EST) I'll give you a head to head match up. Everyone can then cast their vote for which one represents the best of the ship. (Some of these are going to be some tough choices.) Be sure to include the reasons for your choice! We'll keep knocking things out until we have a winner.

I can't wait to see what shippers will choose as THE BEST of the SAM/JACK SHIP!

Last edited by hlndncr; 15 October 2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

The Best of the Ship is . . .

The Window of Opportunity Kiss

vs.

“You know, you really will like me when you get to know me.”
                                “Oh, I adore you already, Captain.”

Comment

Working...
                                X