New vid (requested by Pol)

sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Such a wonderful vid...makes me smile
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        yep that's the one. i thank you so much.

NCIS Watching Update
        Spoiler:
        Already finished the First two seasons of NCIS and i gotta tell you i was very shocked at the end of season 2. very very shocked.
        NCIS:
        Spoiler:
        Yes. I was too, and I didn't even watch that ep until AFTER I had seen the later seasons with Ziva. The way the ep played out was heart-wrenching because you were thinking everything was going to be ok right up until the end.

And how it relates to Stargate and S/J:
        Spoiler:
        I can't think of a Stargate character death ep that was played quite so devasatingly. With Daniel, we were at least given hope that he was ultimately ok. With Jacob Carter, we watched him decline. I can't think of any other shocking deaths quite like the one in NCIS.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        RL really sucks lately ..but Sam/Jack always cheer me up
        youtube;bPOw2gB-ILc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPOw2gB-ILc
        Oh, XF! That was so great...so sad & angsty (but not so much that I want to go climb into bed and eat chocolate). Thanks for the hard work! *thanks to Pol for requesting one from you*
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          RL really sucks lately ..but Sam/Jack always cheer me up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPOw2gB-ILc
          Awesome! Great vid XF, loved it!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
            NCIS:
            Spoiler:
            Yes. I was too, and I didn't even watch that ep until AFTER I had seen the later seasons with Ziva. The way the ep played out was heart-wrenching because you were thinking everything was going to be ok right up until the end.

And how it relates to Stargate and S/J:
            Spoiler:
            I can't think of a Stargate character death ep that was played quite so devasatingly. With Daniel, we were at least given hope that he was ultimately ok. With Jacob Carter, we watched him decline. I can't think of any other shocking deaths quite like the one in NCIS.

Oh, XF! That was so great...so sad & angsty (but not so much that I want to go climb into bed and eat chocolate). Thanks for the hard work! *thanks to Pol for requesting one from you*
            The only one I can think of is Janet. *sniff sniff* That was so well done.

It's good that there was though.
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post

yeah, Janet's a good comparison. Equally heart-wrenching, equally unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                Oh! I can't believe I forgot that (perhaps I'm blocking?)...you are SO right...that one was done in a similar way and when I saw it my jaw dropped (my heart along with it)...

And the S/J link to this conversation:

*anyone know what Sam's wearing on her wrist? I just noticed it wasn't something military...*

Both views:
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Yeah, both episodes (Janet and Kate) hit me in the gut like a punch. It was almost worse with *seeing* it happen to Kate. They handled Janet's death in a very dignified way. Some of the memories that the team had of Kate were, surprising, funny, irreverent, sweet - very human.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh! I can't believe I forgot that (perhaps I'm blocking?)...you are SO right...that one was done in a similar way and when I saw it my jaw dropped (my heart along with it)...

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...HugHeroes3.jpg
                    *anyone know what Sam's wearing on her wrist? I just noticed it wasn't something military...*

Both views:
                    http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...HugHeroes2.jpg
                    Amanda wears a bracelet which was given to her by a soldier when she visited the troops in Yemen (I think)

Comment

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...HugHeroes3.jpg

Both views:
                      http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...HugHeroes2.jpg
                      If I'm not mistaken , it's a combat bracelet. AT and RDA were both given them by a unit (airborne unit, I think) overseas, and they wore them on the show. And i think I read that this one was made of scraps of material that the unit had, and bestowed on the actors as a show of gratitude and inclusion for their portrayal of the military on the show. I read somewhere that AT wore hers until it literally fell off her wrist from the wear.

You'll also see some other military members wearing bracelets looking like that which also function as additional rope storage. Not common, but people wear 'em to keep extra cord on hand for emergencies. You slice one of the stitches and the rest will unravel to give you some twenty feet of cord (if it's woven right ).

Hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                        If I'm not mistaken , it's a combat bracelet. AT and RDA were both given them by a unit (airborne unit, I think) overseas, and they wore them on the show. And i think I read that this one was made of scraps of material that the unit had, and bestowed on the actors as a show of gratitude and inclusion for their portrayal of the military on the show. I read somewhere that AT wore hers until it literally fell off her wrist from the wear.

You'll also see some other military members wearing bracelets looking like that which also function as additional rope storage. Not common, but people wear 'em to keep extra cord on hand for emergencies. You slice one of the stitches and the rest will unravel to give you some twenty feet of cord (if it's woven right ).

Hope that helps!
                        Nice! Thanks...I didn't know about that, but the explaination sounds like something that would pop outta the mouth of Eagle Scout hubs. Always practical...that man.

*tucks info away cuz 20 feet of cord outta a bracelet would make a great tidbit for a fic*
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

one never knows when that might come in handy, eh?
                          sigpic

Comment

OT - Ok, I'm back. It's been a while. I've got lost my gran, lost her bungalow, got married and I'm not pregnant.

Back on topic, what's the latest news or debate?
                            Last edited by Lady eliza; 20 October 2011, 10:06 AM.
                            sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
                            My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
                            http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
                            http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
                            Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady eliza View Post
                              OT - Ok, I'm back. It's been a while. I've got lost my gran, lost her bungalow, got married and now I'm pregnant.

Back on topic, what's the latest news or debate?
                              Oh my - that's quite a lot!
                              condolences on your gran. sorry about the bungalow. Congrats on the marriage! Woots! a baby!

Let's see, we've been taking votes on Shipsgiving and it looks like it will be November 19th - that Saturday.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                Yes. Unless someone thinks they can drum up enough support for another date in the next few days I think Shipsgiving will be Nov. 19.

So start making your goodies shippers!

Lovely picture. *sigh*

OOPs! Yes, yes, Nov. 19th for Shipsgiving. See you there, Shippers!
                                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                                sigpic
                                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
                                X