No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sara, the episode you're thinking of is S6 Foresaken.

Nik, laugh at that line every time. AT or Sam, I'm sure she couldn't help herself. I'm also sure Sam's reaction would be totally different if it were Daniel or T because both of them know better than to say something like that out loud in her hearing. Only Jack can get away with it because she can't deck her CO and because as much as she tries to help, she still thinks he's adorable.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      Ooops! Thanks for the save hlndncr! I obviously need a little more rewatching in my life...
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Nik, laugh at that line every time. AT or Sam, I'm sure she couldn't help herself. I'm also sure Sam's reaction would be totally different if it were Daniel or T because both of them know better than to say something like that out loud in her hearing. Only Jack can get away with it because she can't deck her CO and because as much as she tries to help, she still thinks he's adorable.
        I can see that. Daniel and Teal'c know better. Jack, he just likes to get a reaction out of Sam...a laugh, giggle or one of her megawatt smiles.

Sara, I didn't know what he was humming in Forsaken until someone on this thread mentioned it. I was like, Whoa! I wonder if he hums that a lot while he's around Sam...especially now.

And you can never have too much SG1 rewatching.
        sigpic
        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and give a reccie: "For the Love, Comes the Burning Young" by missparker at Archive of Our Own (http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sam%...0O'Neill/works). It's the latest in her series, Beauty and Nothing More, which I highly recommend. It does have a Mature rating, so please keep that in mind.

Comment

Killer day at work...so tired! But never too tired for this:

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...aceKissVid.gif

*stare*...ok...feeling inspired to write *runs outta the thread*
            Last edited by Skydiver; 30 September 2011, 05:23 AM.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              I think folks should remember that we have men and women here. Gay and straight. Catholics, protestants, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and Wiccans to name a few.

Believe what you want to. Feel as you'd like to. But please respect others.

While peoples' personal feelings are their own and SOMETIMES come into the thread, the major topic is and always will be Sam and Jack.

Respect each other.
              +1
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Oooh, I watched this episode last night...actually in the wee hours of the morning today. I love this scene in slow mo.

I wonder how long Jack waited by her bedside until she woke up?
                sigpic

Comment

As long as it took, Trek... as long as it took

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    As long as it took, Trek... as long as it took
                    Awww, I like the sound of that.

It definitely gave him some quality "check out Sam" time.

You can call me Nik.
                    sigpic

Comment

I could watch that all day! In fact, it was the preview for that kiss on scifi that first inspired me to tune into SG-1. I'm feeling nastolgic, think I'll go rewatch that episode tonight for old time's sake.

sigpic

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                        I was watching the episode Birthright and I still laugh over Jack's comment and Sam's reaction about mating.

DANIEL
                        They were female warriors who occasionally captured men from other tribes in order to mate with them.
                        [Carter looks back at Daniel.]
                        DANIEL
                        Would often, um, would sometimes remove their right breasts so they could more easily fire a bow and arrow.
                        O'NEILL
                        I see neither bow nor arrow.
                        DANIEL
                        No.
                        O'NEILL
                        Wait, you don't s'pose that's why they want us, do you?
                        [Carter looks at O'Neill.]
                        O'NEILL
                        You know, the three of us.
                        [He gestures to Daniel, Teal'c and himself.]
                        DANIEL
                        To…to mate with? No, no, I don't think so.
                        O'NEILL
                        'Cos you know me, I'm all for helping people.
                        CARTER
                        (laughing)
                        Oh God!

Oh Jack, what a helpful man you are. My husband thinks Sam's line was ad-libbed by AT. Would Sam have had the same reaction if Daniel or Teal'c had offered their "services" to the women? I think, using her best motherly voice with a sarcastic twist, she would have said just their first names, Daniel or Teal'c. Her reaction would have been tame compared to the one she expressed with Jack. Still makes me laugh though.
                        No, I do not believe she would ... I can not imagine Teal'c and Daniel say so anyway ...
                        If you always expect the worst you get only good news

Comment

Lovely! *dreams*
                          sigpic
                          sig by jasminaGo -THANK YOU

Comment

So, I finished watching all ten seasons and the two movies, yay!

Now, I'm gonna start all over again, because I'm considering writing for this fandom somewhere down the line and I need to get a better feel of the characters before I do. And this is where I need your help. Which episodes do you consider the most important to the Sam/Jack relationship?

I'd never really paid attention to the first J/S encounter in Children of The Gods as I wasn't shipping them back then. Their first exchange was awesome! And that line later on: "I already adore you captain," had me grinning like a lunatic. (edited to ask: are there several versions of CoTG? Because I found another streaming vid where all the shippy lines and exchanges I was refering to above have been cut! If I buy the DVDs which one will I get?)

Also, is there a screen capture website for SG-1? Are there specific places for wallpapers, graphics and all that stuff?

Has anybody ever done SG-1 'demotivationnal posters'?

Sorry to have so many queries. If this is not the right place to do so, please show this poor newbie the way.
                            Last edited by Bad Fish; 29 September 2011, 02:37 PM.
                            "Didn't that tape say there were no fish in your pond?"

Comment

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff370/SaraBahama

Oh, my, that is one hot kiss indeed. *fans self* That's from 'Grace' right? Outstanding ep.
                              Last edited by Bad Fish; 29 September 2011, 11:32 PM.
                              "Didn't that tape say there were no fish in your pond?"

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                                Awww, I like the sound of that.

It definitely gave him some quality "check out Sam" time.

You can call me Nik.
                                Oh good! Thanks, Nik! I was going to in the first place, but then my over-thinking mind was like nope! Your default is first syllables! No exceptions until told! So I went with Trek, even though I was like that doesn't look quite right. hahah...

I only hope my S.O. is similarly devoted, when I find someone to share my life with. *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X