Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    you said this: After all, she had just broken up with Pete just before the beginning of Season 9.

but we don't know how much time has really passed between the end of s8 and the beginning of s9, so i think it still could have worked.
    i thought it was a month between moebius part 2 and Avalon Part 1

i got a month because of this timeline gateworld posted on the avalon part 1 episode guide
    Spoiler:

This episode therefore takes place several weeks after the Atlantis season premiere "The Siege, Part 3," despite the fact that they originally aired back-to-back. "Avalon" is set at least one month after the previous year's season finale (Teal'c is said to have left the program over a month ago), while "The Siege, Part 3" picks up from the Atlantis Season One finale on the same day. A brief timeline may illustrate:

- The Z.P.M. is discovered in Egypt ("Moebius, Part 2").
    - Using the Z.P.M., Colonel Everett's team gates to Atlantis (Atlantis: "The Siege, Part 2").
    - The Daedalus is immediately dispatched, and with the Z.P.M. will arrive in four days.
    - Sometime after the Z.P.M.'s discovery, Teal'c leaves Earth.
    - The Daedalus arrives at Atlantis (Atlantis: "The Siege, Part 3").
    - Sometime soon after the defeat of the Wraith, Atlantis's senior command staff gate home to Earth ("The Intruder"), bringing some of the Ancient database.
    - The Daedalus arrives at Earth and, after maintenance, prepares to ferry the team back to Atlantis.
    - More than one month after Teal'c's departure, Cameron Mitchell arrives at Stargate Command.
    - The Daedalus departs for Atlantis (its second trip), and Daniel misses the boat.
    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 27 September 2011, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
      I think this is because Martin Woohood went over that show-that-shall-not-be-named that we all know and (mostly) love. heheh... If he'd directed those SG:U eps, we might've been given some love, but nooOOOooo....
      I'd like to think that the 3rd movie *would've* shown us some of the lovin' going on behind the plots. But that's just me, and I'm shippy, so I'm biased. I also like to think that it would've FINALLY shown us the kiss between them that wasn't AU/AR/ATL/time-looped/hallucinatory. Even if it was a comfy little peckish smooch in passing. Maybe with a sweet "love you" tacked onto the end....
      Mmmmmm.... yup. That's what I like to think would've happened in the 3rd movie. Yupyup.
      Yep...I like to think that way too (and I haven't given the 3rd movie much thought).

*sigh* I really need somebody to manip a pic for me: I've always thought that in SGU when Sam and Jack talk to each other on the monintors (the from the Hammond for her and the Pentagon for him), that the simple addition of matching wedding bands would have been confirmation enough for me.

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Niiiiiice. Hey--actually, that would be kind of fun. It would definitely be an improvement over the neighbors I had last time, who whined about every little thing. I can't imagine Sam being one of those women who pushed the call button for every tiny twinge. She'd be MUCH tougher than that! (She'd be like me. Ha ha ha.)
      Spoiler:
      Four weeks to go! Scheduled C-Section on the 29th of October, unless things happen naturally first. (The little stinker has been breech/transverse for several weeks. We find out today if she's turned herself around. . .)
      Spoiler:
      Is it wrong that I'm totally stoked about the impending birth of a baby to a woman I've never met (face-to-face). SO EXCITED, AKA. Will you message us to let us know you are all doing ok?? I'm going to be thinking about you while we trunk-or-treat at church if we haven't heard from you by that point.

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
      ...I feel like I've stepped into a completely foreign discussion.. xD;
      Anyways, I think, though I am still very new to SG-1, I'm starting to understand where this ship came from...
      ...maybe.
      Yes, I did just see "Solitudes". I don't have my blog review up for it yet but it was a pretty good episode.
      So, +1 for appreciation from yours truly. ;D
      Hey CM! Saw you on the fic help thread -didn't know you were a shipper! Welcome aboard!!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      i thought it was a month between moebius part 2 and Avalon Part 1
      i got a month because of this timeline gateworld posted on the avalon part 1 episode guide
      Spoiler:

This episode therefore takes place several weeks after the Atlantis season premiere "The Siege, Part 3," despite the fact that they originally aired back-to-back. "Avalon" is set at least one month after the previous year's season finale (Teal'c is said to have left the program over a month ago), while "The Siege, Part 3" picks up from the Atlantis Season One finale on the same day. A brief timeline may illustrate:

- The Z.P.M. is discovered in Egypt ("Moebius, Part 2").
      - Using the Z.P.M., Colonel Everett's team gates to Atlantis (Atlantis: "The Siege, Part 2").
      - The Daedalus is immediately dispatched, and with the Z.P.M. will arrive in four days.
      - Sometime after the Z.P.M.'s discovery, Teal'c leaves Earth.
      - The Daedalus arrives at Atlantis (Atlantis: "The Siege, Part 3").
      - Sometime soon after the defeat of the Wraith, Atlantis's senior command staff gate home to Earth ("The Intruder"), bringing some of the Ancient database.
      - The Daedalus arrives at Earth and, after maintenance, prepares to ferry the team back to Atlantis.
      - More than one month after Teal'c's departure, Cameron Mitchell arrives at Stargate Command.
      - The Daedalus departs for Atlantis (its second trip), and Daniel misses the boat.
      The more I watch the series, the more it seems to me that 'Threads'/'Mobeius' occurs in early spring (during the "fishing" scene, the trees are in full leaf, but it's cold enough to have everybody in fleece jackets & Carter is wearing a long sleeved tee shirt covered by a thick sweater; and 'Avalon' looks like it occurs in late Fall (in the scene where Jack and Hank are playing chess, the trees are completely bare of leaves (with the exception of evergreen trees) and they are both wearing jackets.

Now, I'm biased, because in my shippy head that gives me a WHOLE summer for J/S to work on furthering their relationship prior to the events that lead Sam back to the SGC (and into Jack's CoC) in 'Beachhead'. It also gives added weight to Sam's "I have my reasons for wanting this job" to Cam in 'Avalon' -she's free to persue that relationship.

**I know I'm spit-balling here, and I'm betting I might get a reality-check with facts here (and yes...I know that visual cues like background scenery are subject to the crazy filming schedule), but it certainly does make for a lovely mental image (and fic).
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        OT: Whoa
        Spoiler:
        Wow. I'm feeling distinctly unwelcome here these days. Wow. Also feel a bit like I've been b****slapped. Especially considering I, too, heard Amanda say in
        Spoiler:
        an interview that she didn't care if she had a relationship with a man or a woman in season 4, she just wanted one.

See ya.

sigh
        Pol, you are a shipper and family and that's all that matters. Ladies and gentlemen, please think before you post. Lets play nice! ((Hugs))
        sigpic

Comment

Thinking happy thoughts:

(Manip by Mala -thanks, Pol, for sharing this -I snurched it a few pages back).

It just makes me happy and content...
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I think folks should remember that we have men and women here. Gay and straight. Catholics, protestants, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and Wiccans to name a few.

Believe what you want to. Feel as you'd like to. But please respect others.

While peoples' personal feelings are their own and SOMETIMES come into the thread, the major topic is and always will be Sam and Jack.

Respect each other.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey! Haven't been here in a looong time. Work is keeping me busy, and I'm doing a ton of overtime.

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              Spoiler:
              Four weeks to go! Scheduled C-Section on the 29th of October, unless things happen naturally first. (The little stinker has been breech/transverse for several weeks. We find out today if she's turned herself around. . .)
              Awesome! Congratulations!
              Spoiler:
              My second baby was transverse, and the day I went to the hospital to have her physically turned (can't remember the term for it), she thankfully did it on her own. I was so relieved!

Hmmm... I say that:

Lieutenant General Jack O'Neill is getting ready to spend a long weekend at the cabin with the fam; Brigadier General Sam Carter (Carter-O'Neill, on paper, but in practice is Carter ) is taking off time from running the SGC to join him. They'll build a fire, snuggle under a warm blanket with some hot chocolate. And during the days they'll rake the leaves in the yard, go fishing, take some hikes in the woods while the leaves are turning colors.

I don't know anything about SG:U, so I'm not gonna speculate on what's going on with them.

But I do think that as the holidays come along, Teal'c will come by on vacation from the Free Jaffa Nation (which is strong and united), and Daniel and Vala will spend Christmas with the O'Neills (because Christmas is Vala's favorite holiday, after all, given that it means free presents ) and as a surprise for everyone, Sam's gonna spill the beans on the fact she's pregnant.

(P.S. The pregnancy can be negotiable. I know some people feel they're both too old to realistically have children. Maybe they'll spill the beans on the fact that they got approved for adoption or something . It just feels like the ultimate feel-good big-reveal, you know?).
              I love this scenario! As for being too old, I've mentioned before that there are a lot of us older moms hanging around! I had my babies at 39 and almost 42, my sister is going to be a first-time mom next year at 40, my aunt had hers at 44 and 46, and a family friend had twins at 42 and a "surprise" baby at 47. I believe Teryl Rothery may have had her daughter at 46. I could go on ad nauseum, but you get the idea

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
              And my own donation to the conversation: A drabble for the delight and delectation of the thread (it was a quick-n-dirty...if you have a critique, feel free to PM me ):

Spoiler:

Jack raked the leaves and muttered to himself. He was going to uproot every one of these trees, pile them in the middle of the backyard, soak them down with gasoline, and enjoy the ‘kawoosh’ when he lit the match. His frustrated swipes with the rake became more erratic and his language deteriorated to muttered obscenities.

He heard a snort of laughter behind him and turned sharply around, ready to give the unfortunate soul the full brunt of his temper. The words died on his lips. Where he had expected to see Daniel walking down the slope from the house, he saw instead a blonde head, bare in the autumn sunshine. She continued to stroll toward him, a broad, bright smile on her lips and a sparkle in those cerulean eyes.

She was home.

God! Three months.

They had endured worse. For cryin’ out loud, she had been gone a year when she took command of Atlantis. But with each passing year, he discovered he hated being separated from her more and more.

The pervasive chill of impending winter that had seeped into him disappeared in a blaze of passionate emotion.

He let the rake fall and opened his arms to receive her as she stepped in close and pressed herself into his chest. He hugged her and mumbled into the crown of her head, not quite sure what he was saying, just certain that she would understand.

Home.

...now hubs is calling me over to watch 'Holiday'...hubs & SG-1...who could resist?? 'Bye!!
              Very nice indeed!

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
              ...I feel like I've stepped into a completely foreign discussion.. xD;
              Anyways, I think, though I am still very new to SG-1, I'm starting to understand where this ship came from...
              http://i53.tinypic.com/280l5rs.jpg
              ...maybe.

Yes, I did just see "Solitudes". I don't have my blog review up for it yet but it was a pretty good episode.
              So, +1 for appreciation from yours truly. ;D
              Welcome! I love that photo, and Solitudes is one of my fave episodes.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              I think folks should remember that we have men and women here. Gay and straight. Catholics, protestants, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and Wiccans to name a few.

Believe what you want to. Feel as you'd like to. But please respect others.

While peoples' personal feelings are their own and SOMETIMES come into the thread, the major topic is and always will be Sam and Jack.

Respect each other.
              Agreed. We all come from different cultures, religions, nationalities, and what-have-you, and I hope that everyone feels welcome here. It would be best to refrain from expressing political/moral/religious/etc. opinions to keep this place as friendly and welcoming as possible.

Comment

Quiet desperation (mirrored moments):

sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Its kinda a combo...if you talk about religion or politics or the such, do it tactfully. If someone speaks about those topics, don't presume it's a personal insult directed at you.

little understanding from all.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post

I love this scenario! As for being too old, I've mentioned before that there are a lot of us older moms hanging around! I had my babies at 39 and almost 42, my sister is going to be a first-time mom next year at 40, my aunt had hers at 44 and 46, and a family friend had twins at 42 and a "surprise" baby at 47. I believe Teryl Rothery may have had her daughter at 46. I could go on ad nauseum, but you get the idea
                    Oh good. Not only for the fact that I'm happy women are able to have kids that old, but because I really like the idea of Sam and Jack having a baby of their own. They've earned it. But at the same time, I do like remaining realistic, and so it's even sweeter now that it's a viable possibility.

Welcome back, btw! I don't think we've met... Hi! In case you can't tell, I'm a bit of a shippy goofball. Hee hee!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      Its kinda a combo...if you talk about religion or politics or the such, do it tactfully. If someone speaks about those topics, don't presume it's a personal insult directed at you.

little understanding from all.
                      I don't know about anyone else, but this is where I come to give my brain a break...I need cotton candy for the brain.

Comment

Oh good. Not only for the fact that I'm happy women are able to have kids that old, but because I really like the idea of Sam and Jack having a baby of their own. They've earned it. But at the same time, I do like remaining realistic, and so it's even sweeter now that it's a viable possibility.

Welcome back, btw! I don't think we've met... Hi! In case you can't tell, I'm a bit of a shippy goofball. Hee hee!
                        Nice to meet you! It's hard to believe that I've been gone for so long that we have so many new shippers that I haven't met yet. So great that the ship is alive and well, and still attracting new followers

As an older mom (and knowing a lot of fortysomething first-time mothers), I can definitely say it's not unrealistic to have kids at my age (I'm 43), but I wouldn't necessarily recommend starting a family in your 40s; if you can do it when you're younger (late 20s or early 30s would be good, IMO), then I say go for it. It's harder being pregnant when you're older, and I definitely feel my age when running after a couple of young kids, while at the same time keeping the house clean and working full time... phew!

That being said, I also love the idea of seeing Sam pregnant and having a kid (or two!) with Jack. And yes, they have definitely earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                          Nice to meet you! It's hard to believe that I've been gone for so long that we have so many new shippers that I haven't met yet. So great that the ship is alive and well, and still attracting new followers

As an older mom (and knowing a lot of fortysomething first-time mothers), I can definitely say it's not unrealistic to have kids at my age (I'm 43), but I wouldn't necessarily recommend starting a family in your 40s; if you can do it when you're younger (late 20s or early 30s would be good, IMO), then I say go for it. It's harder being pregnant when you're older, and I definitely feel my age when running after a couple of young kids, while at the same time keeping the house clean and working full time... phew!

That being said, I also love the idea of seeing Sam pregnant and having a kid (or two!) with Jack. And yes, they have definitely earned it.
                          I think it's just important to remember that while there's definitely a group of people who do have babies that late that there are statistically more that can't (and sadly, even some who can't when they're in the supposed ideal window). Who knows with Jack and Sam? I've always sort of thought that Sam ended up being at peace with her childlessness - while certainly a lot of women have careers and families, Sam has an unusual career (the hopping to other planets kind).

Definitely it can be plausibly written. I'm just sayin'.

Comment

i can also buy into the fanon that after 10 years of gate travel, jolinar, different radiation poisonings and other things, that she's simply not able. too much water under the bridge.

sigpic

Comment

*waves @ IGGY* -missed you!!

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                              I don't know about anyone else, but this is where I come to give my brain a break...I need cotton candy for the brain.
                              http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p..._OutofMind.jpg
                              Mental floss...definitely...

I'm not usually one for gutter...but I love this scene in the ep! Jack's expression is priceless. He's completely undone and can't even muster a typical smart-a** comment.

*sigh* ...so close
                              ...you can
                              ...just imagine him
                              ...leaning in
                              ...and pressing warm lips
                              ...to her chilled shoulder

*snaps out of it* ...ahem...think I'll go write now...
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                I think it's just important to remember that while there's definitely a group of people who do have babies that late that there are statistically more that can't (and sadly, even some who can't when they're in the supposed ideal window). Who knows with Jack and Sam? I've always sort of thought that Sam ended up being at peace with her childlessness - while certainly a lot of women have careers and families, Sam has an unusual career (the hopping to other planets kind).

Definitely it can be plausibly written. I'm just sayin'.
                                Oh, I certainly agree that it's much more difficult and less likely to be able to have kids in your forties than say, in your early thirties. Although I know many first-time fortysomething mothers (who all had healthy babies), on the flip side of the coin, I also know many, many couples who had fertility problems in their twenties and thirties. Unless we see a movie 3, all we can do is speculate about whether or not Sam and Jack have kids... and project our own favourite scenario upon our favourite couple

My own wish is that Sam does indeed get pregnant... not completely unrealistic, even if statistically less likely than, say, if she were 10 years younger. And, since I love babies, I want them to have their own, but I can completely understand it if others have a different opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X