Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
    Ok. So I tried to include all the prompts into one drabble so it turned out a little longer that I'd intended.
    <snip>
    Very nice and I don't mind at all that it was longer than you'd intended! Gave me more reading material
    sigpic
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Caption game:

You've never caught anything at this pond have you?

I wouldn't say that. I did catch you last night.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Ok. So I tried to include all the prompts into one drabble so it turned out a little longer that I'd intended.

For some reason I couldn't spoiler the thing so if someone can let me know how to do that (the ! is not showing up) it would be appreciated.

But here goes:

The evening sun slowly came down on what had been a fun bar-b-que. This was going to be Sam, Teal'c and Daniel's last night at Jack's cabin and he had insisted that SG-1 have a team bar-b-que before they broke apart and splintered off into different directions.

Spoiler:

After a nostalgic and bittersweet evening, Daniel was the first to say goodnight. He'd be leaving with Teal'c to return to the SGC and wanted to make sure he got enough rest to be ready for the drive back. Teal'c also rose to his feet and followed Daniel as he hugged Sam, then Jack. Daniel finally gave Teal'c a brotherly hug before they both retreated to sleep.

SG-1 would all say their farewells tomorrow and each would do their best to make it not sound as final as they all feared it would be.

Sam and Jack, now alone, exchanged a few words before finishing their drinks. It was Sam's turn to head in. Standing, she dusted herself off and said,

"Well, I'd better say goodnight too."

"Hmm," and a nod was Jack's response to Sam's unenthusiastic announcement. His eyes followed her movements but Jack's body remained perched on the railing of the back porch; one foot planted firmly on the floor. Hesitantly Sam moved toward Jack, her eyes seeming reluctant to leave his. Daniel had started the hugging and Sam felt a bit ackward about not following his example, but as she moved closer to Jack, Sam began to feel a bit ackward about actually hugging him, here, in this setting.

With a nervous smile, Sam closed the final opening between them and circled her arms around Jack. Almost instantly she felt Jack's arms pull her in, securely pressing her against him with enough strength to reveal his intention but with enough gentleness not to create unnecessary pressure.

Sam took in a deep breath and felt as though her lungs were full for the first time. Finally, the unspoken was between them again and, characteristically, they released. Slowly this time. As Sam pulled away, Jack's eyes were upon her intently, connecting; she saw him and he saw her, without the rank, without the call of duty, without the weight of honour.

That familiar instinct kicked in, the same one that had kept them sane and apart for all those years, and Sam responded to it the way she always had. Backing away, nodding at Jack, Sam began to leave. Putting one foot in front of the other, Sam made her way through the chairs on the patio. In between the beat of her heart and the blood pounding in her ears, she heard Jack say,

"Goodnight Sam."

Looking back to acknowledge him, Sam saw Jack give her a small warm but sad smile, then he turned away, and that small action rooted her in place. The feeling that he was finally turning away from her, from the hope of them overwhelmed her and in that moment she refused to let him do it.

Sam couldn't say how she'd moved so quickly back to Jack, but in a breath, one hand was on his shoulder and the other on his face, bringing his eyes back to hers - connecting again. This time there was no uncertainty or ackward feeling. Sam knew what she wanted; it was right in front of her. So Sam took Jack's mouth with hers and kissed him without apology.

When they finally released, she buried her head in Jack's shoulder and breathed him in again. After a moment Sam heard and felt Jack speak her name in a way that she had never experienced before.

"Sam." was all Jack spoke and she couldn't tell whether the shiver that trembled her body was from the chilly evening air, or the sound of her name from Jack's liberated mouth.

Wonderful!
        If you always expect the worst you get only good news

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
          Caption game:

Haha!
          If you always expect the worst you get only good news

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
            Just noticed on my calendar that the birthstone for August is Peridot! It made me smile, because (of course) I thought of Jack. I often wondered it that line in Heroes was scripted or something RDA add-libbed? Any reason why Jack or RDA would be partial to peridot?? Our fair Amanda Tapping has a birthday in August!
            I agree with Trinity! I don't if it was ad-libbed or not, but, whatever it is, it's kinda shippy!

But it's much too long to be a drabble, ficlette perhaps.
            Longer is better. *nods*
            It was lovely!

Caption game:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...1_818_1408.jpg

*giggles*

I have nothing better to caption this, for now.
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

For some reason I couldn't spoiler the thing so if someone can let me know how to do that (the ! is not showing up) it would be appreciated.

But here goes:

The evening sun slowly came down on what had been a fun bar-b-que. This was going to be Sam, Teal'c and Daniel's last night at Jack's cabin and he had insisted that SG-1 have a team bar-b-que before they broke apart and splintered off into different directions.

Spoiler:

After a nostalgic and bittersweet evening, Daniel was the first to say goodnight. He'd be leaving with Teal'c to return to the SGC and wanted to make sure he got enough rest to be ready for the drive back. Teal'c also rose to his feet and followed Daniel as he hugged Sam, then Jack. Daniel finally gave Teal'c a brotherly hug before they both retreated to sleep.

SG-1 would all say their farewells tomorrow and each would do their best to make it not sound as final as they all feared it would be.

Sam and Jack, now alone, exchanged a few words before finishing their drinks. It was Sam's turn to head in. Standing, she dusted herself off and said,

"Hmm," and a nod was Jack's response to Sam's unenthusiastic announcement. His eyes followed her movements but Jack's body remained perched on the railing of the back porch; one foot planted firmly on the floor. Hesitantly Sam moved toward Jack, her eyes seeming reluctant to leave his. Daniel had started the hugging and Sam felt a bit ackward about not following his example, but as she moved closer to Jack, Sam began to feel a bit ackward about actually hugging him, here, in this setting.

With a nervous smile, Sam closed the final opening between them and circled her arms around Jack. Almost instantly she felt Jack's arms pull her in, securely pressing her against him with enough strength to reveal his intention but with enough gentleness not to create unnecessary pressure.

Sam took in a deep breath and felt as though her lungs were full for the first time. Finally, the unspoken was between them again and, characteristically, they released. Slowly this time. As Sam pulled away, Jack's eyes were upon her intently, connecting; she saw him and he saw her, without the rank, without the call of duty, without the weight of honour.

That familiar instinct kicked in, the same one that had kept them sane and apart for all those years, and Sam responded to it the way she always had. Backing away, nodding at Jack, Sam began to leave. Putting one foot in front of the other, Sam made her way through the chairs on the patio. In between the beat of her heart and the blood pounding in her ears, she heard Jack say,

"Goodnight Sam."

Looking back to acknowledge him, Sam saw Jack give her a small warm but sad smile, then he turned away, and that small action rooted her in place. The feeling that he was finally turning away from her, from the hope of them overwhelmed her and in that moment she refused to let him do it.

Sam couldn't say how she'd moved so quickly back to Jack, but in a breath, one hand was on his shoulder and the other on his face, bringing his eyes back to hers - connecting again. This time there was no uncertainty or ackward feeling. Sam knew what she wanted; it was right in front of her. So Sam took Jack's mouth with hers and kissed him without apology.

When they finally released, she buried her head in Jack's shoulder and breathed him in again. After a moment Sam heard and felt Jack speak her name in a way that she had never experienced before.

"Sam." was all Jack spoke and she couldn't tell whether the shiver that trembled her body was from the chilly evening air, or the sound of her name from Jack's liberated mouth.

What a lovely way to start the morning! I'm going to have the shippiest day at work!
              sigpic
              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                Absolutely no reason to spoiler that lovely drabble trin.

It should be out in the open for all to read and enjoy!

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                Very nice and I don't mind at all that it was longer than you'd intended! Gave me more reading material
                Originally posted by Endy View Post
                Wonderful!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                I agree with Trinity! I don't if it was ad-libbed or not, but, whatever it is, it's kinda shippy!

Longer is better. *nods*
                It was lovely!
                You guys are the best. Thanks.

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                What a lovely way to start the morning! I'm going to have the shippiest day at work!
                Your comment makes my day. Thank you

*thinking* I wonder how long before Daniel and T get here.

*thinking* Wonder if we have time for a quicky.
                sigpic
                sig by Mada
                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Sam, is that Teal'c and Daniel in the glider coming straight for us?
                  sigpic

Comment

But here goes:

Spoiler:

"Goodnight Sam."

Yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New vid from me

sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

New vid from me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPne_mR7OA
                      First off, wonderful vid!

Secondly, I'm hopelessly not plugged into anything really. Where did you find/what is the quote you used in the vid?
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Ohhhh, I love it! Especially parallel you drew between PL and Grace. We know these two episode mirror each other, but I loved how you did it!

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post

Secondly, I'm hopelessly not plugged into anything really. Where did you find/what is the quote you used in the vid?
                        I know she took the quote at the end from HERE (Challenge 20). But I have no idea who speaks during the vid.

Reminds me that I haven't done a Penguin Challenge in forever. ._.
                        sigpic
                        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Thank you muchly, LadyJ!
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post

Hehe, thanks!!! The voiceover is Thousand Kisses Deep by Leonard Cohen Only the first verse met my needs, but the whole thing is just beautiful.

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                            Ohhhh, I love it! Especially parallel you drew between PL and Grace. We know these two episode mirror each other, but I loved how you did it!

I know she took the quote at the end from HERE (Challenge 20). But I have no idea who speaks during the vid.

Reminds me that I haven't done a Penguin Challenge in forever. ._.
                            Thankkk you!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration.

New vid from me

Man I can't view it here at work but will check it our as soon as I get home.

If it's from you I know it will be worth the wait.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Mada
                              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration.

Man I can't view it here at work but will check it our as soon as I get home.

If it's from you I know it will be worth the wait.
                                Thanks!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X