X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy and Safe 4th of July Everyone
    sigpic

Comment

Just got back from the local Fourth of July parade. Parades are so much fun (imo). I'm sure there is a parade in DC, perhaps Sam and Jack went, especially if they have a little O'neill (or two) in tow.

Then back home for a cook-out with all their friends, and then fireworks at dusk... and then some "private" fireworks after that

Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!!

Comment

Hedwig ^house #1 for my vote, too. Thanks

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
        Awwwww. Why not? The cavern is a beautiful and comfy place.
        Hedwig & Pol - Thanks for the fic recs! Both of them where cute and shippy. (Which doesn't really fit with my previous comment on angst. )
        If anyone else has some to offer.......
        LadyG -don't misunderstand...I meant that we've moved on to 'fluff' as the most recent topic (was previously angst).
        I'll come visit you in the cave, but I have to bring my own jar 'o fluff clouds with me...for comfort. If I travel too deep into the cave, I weep uncontrollably. It makes my chest hurt.

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
        ^ House #1 for me.
        Sara, for a person without her coffee, you certainly came up with a cute drabble!

Now, you and Trinity go and have your coffee. Come back to us with plenty of energy!
        Also, happy 4th of July to everyone on the other side of the border! We, Canadians, also had a 3 day weekend because of Canada day (July 1st). But it's back to work for most of us this week! (Not me, though. It's my last week of. )
        Happy Canada Day to you, too! Thanks for the compliment on the drabble...between my affection for J&S, and the passion shown by the members of the thread for our duo, sometimes clear images of the two of them living a happy, normal life together just pop into my head.

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        Just got back from the local Fourth of July parade. Parades are so much fun (imo). I'm sure there is a parade in DC, perhaps Sam and Jack went, especially if they have a little O'neill (or two) in tow.
        Then back home for a cook-out with all their friends, and then fireworks at dusk... and then some "private" fireworks after that
        Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!!

Spoiler:
        You and me going fishing in the dark
        Lying on our backs and counting the stars
        Where the cool grass grows
        Down by the river in the full moon light
        We’ll be falling in love in the middle of the night
        Just moving slow
        Staying the whole night through
        Feels so good to be with you
        -Nitty, Gritty, Dirt Band
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Or how about one of these:

Comment

No 1 or No 2 Hedwig

I can see Sam with a dog running around outside #2 just as Jack comes home

Comment

There are some really cool websites for historical or vintage homes for sale, and all the pictures I've posted are in Virginia.

Comment

hedwig #1 reminds me of the house that Jack and Sara had when they were married. so i would go with number 2 as well.

Comment

Happy 4th of July!

hedwig, I could so see them in house #1
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    There are some really cool websites for historical or vintage homes for sale, and all the pictures I've posted are in Virginia.
                    You are so sweet to look those up! I also like house #2...but my favorite one is house #5 (the blue one with the American flag on the porch).

...And Kate? The other scenario is Jack and the dog greeting Sam as she comes home from a stint on The Hammond.
                    Do you reckon they ever have to host VIPs for dinner in their home? What do you guys think?
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      You are so sweet to look those up! I also like house #2...but my favorite one is house #5 (the blue one with the American flag on the porch).

...And Kate? The other scenario is Jack and the dog greeting Sam as she comes home from a stint on The Hammond.
                      Do you reckon they ever have to host VIPs for dinner in their home? What do you guys think?
                      I think that they would have as little to do with work as possible in their home. I think that they view it as their sanctuary. (Albeit without the Abnormals. . .)

Also, all of those homes are beautiful, but I can just hear the conversation with their realtor as they're trying to decide which one to buy.

"I'd hate to have to mow all that grass."

"Jack, we're not destitute." Sam lifted the MLS printout to hide her exaggerated rolling of the eyes. "We could afford a lawn service."

"But if we lived somewhere smaller, we wouldn't have to have the service."

"It's just money, Jack.

"Money I wouldn't have to spend if we bought a condo." The General leaned back in his chair and clasped his fingers across his chest. "Condos do all that stuff for you."

Sam turned towards the realtor. "But we'd have to pay association fees in a condo, right? And sometimes be assessed for larger amounts for paving roads and new roofing. Right, Sandy?

"That's right." Sandy nodded, pulling a tablet computer out of her satchel. "I can look up the averages for you."

Jack's groan stopped her. "It's just a house, right? A place to live, eat, poop, hang clothes, do laundry, put stuff--I mean, it's not like we have to get all fancy with the thing. We've lived in worse, right?"

Bright white teeth bit back Sam's grin as she glanced at the realtor and then back at her husband. "I think you forgot something, Jack."

"What?"

"In your little list there. You forgot something."

Dark brows furrowed over darker eyes. "No I didn't."

"Yes. You did."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"No."

"Yeah."

"Nu-uh."

"Jack. You did. Something rather important."

"Okay, then, Doctor Colonel Genius High and Mighty Pants, what did I forget?"

"You forgot sleeping." Sam leaned sideways at narrowed her eyes at her spouse. "And what comes before sleeping. That thing we do where we're not very--careful about noise."

A faint blush worked its way up Jack's throat, and he glanced across the table at Sandy, whose eyebrows had risen dramatically. Swallowing, he glared back at his wife. "I did forget that."

"I might also add that condo walls aren't known for being very--thick. Or sound proof."

The redness made its way up to the General's jawline. "Okay--okay. We'll get a service. Which house do you want?"

Smiling triumphantly, Sam leafed through the pages and found the one that she liked best. Fishing the paper out of the stack, she handed it to Sandy. "Make an offer."
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I could see that conversation happening!! Well done. I especially liked that she 'fished' the paper out.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          I think that they would have as little to do with work as possible in their home. I think that they view it as their sanctuary. (Albeit without the Abnormals. . .)

Also, all of those homes are beautiful, but I can just hear the conversation with their realtor as they're trying to decide which one to buy.

Spoiler:
                          "I'd hate to have to mow all that grass."

"Jack, we're not destitute." Sam lifted the MLS printout to hide her exaggerated rolling of the eyes. "We could afford a lawn service."

"But if we lived somewhere smaller, we wouldn't have to have the service."

"It's just money, Jack.

"Money I wouldn't have to spend if we bought a condo." The General leaned back in his chair and clasped his fingers across his chest. "Condos do all that stuff for you."

Sam turned towards the realtor. "But we'd have to pay association fees in a condo, right? And sometimes be assessed for larger amounts for paving roads and new roofing. Right, Sandy?

"That's right." Sandy nodded, pulling a tablet computer out of her satchel. "I can look up the averages for you."

Jack's groan stopped her. "It's just a house, right? A place to live, eat, poop, hang clothes, do laundry, put stuff--I mean, it's not like we have to get all fancy with the thing. We've lived in worse, right?"

Bright white teeth bit back Sam's grin as she glanced at the realtor and then back at her husband. "I think you forgot something, Jack."

"What?"

"In your little list there. You forgot something."

Dark brows furrowed over darker eyes. "No I didn't."

"Yes. You did."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"No."

"Yeah."

"Nu-uh."

"Jack. You did. Something rather important."

"Okay, then, Doctor Colonel Genius High and Mighty Pants, what did I forget?"

"You forgot sleeping." Sam leaned sideways at narrowed her eyes at her spouse. "And what comes before sleeping. That thing we do where we're not very--careful about noise."

A faint blush worked its way up Jack's throat, and he glanced across the table at Sandy, whose eyebrows had risen dramatically. Swallowing, he glared back at his wife. "I did forget that."

"I might also add that condo walls aren't known for being very--thick. Or sound proof."

The redness made its way up to the General's jawline. "Okay--okay. We'll get a service. Which house do you want?"

Smiling triumphantly, Sam leafed through the pages and found the one that she liked best. Fishing the paper out of the stack, she handed it to Sandy. "Make an offer."

Speaking of tablet computer, which ones come with a keyboard or whatever allows a person to type into it? Or do they all?

Comment

Hedwig, I think all the houses would be possibilities! Jack and Sam would have a hard time deciding on any of them!
                            sigpic
                            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              Ok...*bows down* AKA -you are the master of drabble (does that even count as drabble?)! I read that with a hand over my ill-contained grin and the color creeping up my own cheeks. *giggle-snort*.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Speaking of tablet computer, which ones come with a keyboard or whatever allows a person to type into it? Or do they all?
                                You can use a keyboard of some sort with an iPad--which is what I have. I've never used one, but they have these nifty cases that fit the keyboard and the iPad in one set up. I've been wanting one, but--Alas!--no such luck yet.

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                Ok...*bows down* AKA -you are the master of drabble (does that even count as drabble?)! I read that with a hand over my ill-contained grin and the color creeping up my own cheeks. *giggle-snort*.
                                Thanks--but I'm hardly the master of drabble. I'm glad you liked it.

I just have this image in my head of Jack being somewhat--shall we say--frugal? I don't know why, because he doesn't seem that way in the show, but that's just the vision I have. **shrugs**
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X