Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    if having to have a combo movie is the *only* way to see sg1 (and our hoped for confirmation), isn't that better than nothing?
    With the total emphasis not being on SG1 this might be the best chance we have of having a confirmation of the Jack/Sam relationship. They are not working together in this time frame so a mention of them being together, or a scene with them getting together away from the job could be easy to pull off. Especially since SGU does show the crew in their personal lives away from the ship. Couldn't that translate easily to a wonderful Jack/Sam kiss.....?

Comment

if having to have a combo movie is the *only* way to see sg1 (and our hoped for confirmation), isn't that better than nothing?
      I'll watch almost anything if you give me a big honkin' S/J kiss and an acknowledgment that they've been together for years.

Edit: See, Steff read my mind. Internet telepathy strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
        With the total emphasis not being on SG1 this might be the best chance we have of having a confirmation of the Jack/Sam relationship. They are not working together in this time frame so a mention of them being together, or a scene with them getting together away from the job could be easy to pull off. Especially since SGU does show the crew in their personal lives away from the ship. Couldn't that translate easily to a wonderful Jack/Sam kiss.....?
        Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        I'll watch almost anything if you give me a big honkin' S/J kiss and an acknowledgment that they've been together for years.

that's all i care about anymore, sam/jack confirmation!!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Yes. This. Me too. Really--wouldn't that be AWESOME? I really could care less about the rest of the plot. Definitive CONFIRMATION of their relationship. I'd watch a movie just to see that. Even if they replaced the rest of the actors with Teletubbies. Even if the story was just a revamped storyline from "Welcome Back, Kotter". Even if--well--you get the drift.

Maybe I really wouldn't watch all of it--but I'd loop the Big Honking Kiss until my DVD player started smoking. At this point, I think we're kind of owed this kiss. They've been yanking our collective shipper chains for HOW many years now? It's time, people. PAST time, if you ask me.

I feel like Patrick Henry, "Give me Tonsil Hockey, or give me Death!"

You get the point. . .
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            Yes. This. Me too. Really--wouldn't that be AWESOME? I really could care less about the rest of the plot. Definitive CONFIRMATION of their relationship. I'd watch a movie just to see that. Even if they replaced the rest of the actors with Teletubbies. Even if the story was just a revamped storyline from "Welcome Back, Kotter". Even if--well--you get the drift.

Maybe I really wouldn't watch all of it--but I'd loop the Big Honking Kiss until my DVD player started smoking. At this point, I think we're kind of owed this kiss. They've been yanking our collective shipper chains for HOW many years now? It's time, people. PAST time, if you ask me.

I feel like Patrick Henry, "Give me Tonsil Hockey, or give me Death!"

You get the point. . .
            i'd take sam/jack confirmation in a commercial now!!!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

i'd take sam/jack confirmation in a commercial now!!!
              Ooh--wouldn't that just be MEAN? If they showed a kiss in the trailers and then it didn't appear ANYWHERE in the movie? I think we could then officially riot without fear of being prosecuted. Somewhere there would have to be a judge who was a shipper and who could find us all not guilty!
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                Ooh--wouldn't that just be MEAN? If they showed a kiss in the trailers and then it didn't appear ANYWHERE in the movie? I think we could then officially riot without fear of being prosecuted. Somewhere there would have to be a judge who was a shipper and who could find us all not guilty!
                or how the kiss we saw in the commercial was 5 seconds long, and then when the ep airs, it's really only 5 seconds long!

wait, that happened, with 'grace'.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

or how the kiss we saw in the commercial was 5 seconds long, and then when the ep airs, it's really only 5 seconds long!

Cruel, Cruel, Cruel.

That should SO not be allowed!
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

That would be awful!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Thor
                      Spoiler:
                      no Im not talking about the little grey alien. I'm talking about the movie that is coming out next month. While I saw a trailer for it I can imagine jack and Sam having a discussion about what's wrong with the movie vs what they experienced while they were on SG-1.

Comment

if some of you younger-to-stargate folks knew the carrot dangling and manipulations we older shippers have had to live through, you'd be surprised any of us held on to our sanity!

or stuck around. ~thinks of all the shippers that left after season 8~

(((shippers)))

it's all about the confirmation now. bring it on!!

sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm totally lucky that I found the franchise late. I didn't have to sit from week to week waiting for new eps. I could go out and buy the DVDs and watch them all at once. It was awesome. Of course, some might say that it's easier to catch the shippy moments that way--when the previous episode is fresh in your mind.

But agreed (as usual!). Confirmation is what it's all about! Kind of like the Hokey Pokey.

sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

I don't know. After all these (long) years I want my confirmation...but like that? I don't know.
                            I still like SG-1 for the team and that will come first to me...if that part of the show will be ruined for S/J confirmation in the movie; no thanks.

I just want to keep my shows separated above all; that's the most important to me. (and yes I know they're all in the same universe and that *references* will be made no matter what)

Not again. That would be really evil...but still at least this time it would be real and not a daydream within a hallucination.

Confirmation above all btw? No. I'm a shipper in heart and soul, but the team goes first IMHO.

*hides and finds cover from angry shippers*
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, in my humble opinion, a 5 second kiss is better than no kiss at all.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                Well, in my humble opinion, a 5 second kiss is better than no kiss at all.
                                that's true.

but you KNOW there was a heck of a lot more to that scene. and did you know there were 12 takes to film it? just think of all the juicy greatness we've never been able to see...

x 1000 actually

sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X