No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why so many people think Jack and Sam would live in the District. Both would be based out of the Petagon, on the other side of the Potomac. The nice neighborhoods in DC like Capitol Heights and Georgetown (where you can buy one of those brownstones) are ridiculously expensive and hence incredibly pretentious. Jack would hate it, and I don't think Sam would be too happy with it either.

A historic townhouse in Old Town Alexandria makes more sense. It's closer to the Pentagon, still a little snooty but not nearly as pretentious and close to Founders Park along the river.

I think they would choose a more isolated property, further from the Beltway like down near Stafford or out toward Manassas. Maybe a renovated farmhouse.

Personally, I always have them living in my neighborhood where there are lots of military personnel and Petagon employees and everyone is really relaxed and down to earth. The houses are not historical, but older and really nice when updated and renovated. My house is at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac that fronts a nature preserve with trails and a small stream (with no pesky fish). I can totally see Jack and Sam here. (Really, I think they live next door. OK, I know my next door neighbors--a doctor and an army Colonel, but there's a house on the corner for sale. )

Comment

Wow, RL certainly has been kicking my butt ... Can't even remember the last time I was in here!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      question: how do you think sam would tell jack that she's pregnant?
      Heh. My answer: *inserts shameless self fic rec* "Of Accidents and Cake"

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      Where have all the shippers gone??
      Sucked into the RL vortex.

But, no matter what:

loves and loves and loves having love him and etc, etc, etc ...

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        I think they would choose a more isolated property, further from the Beltway like down near Stafford or out toward Manassas. Maybe a renovated farmhouse.
        That's what that 2d picture was in the group that I posted.

Comment

Sam and MiniJack have an encounter with Castle and Beckett in This Never Happened by MyNameIsJeffNImLost
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

FF.Net
            Spoiler:
            is anyone having problems with the search engine cause it's saying it's still down
            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 26 March 2011, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
              Sam and MiniJack have an encounter with Castle and Beckett in This Never Happened by MyNameIsJeffNImLost
              I think this guy should do more crossovers. That was pretty good. I have never seen castle but I have heard of it. And wouldn't mini Jack be like 22 or 23 by know?
              Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 26 March 2011, 02:19 AM.

Comment

i'm talking to someone, that got three gifs off someone(s) talking on twitter...

i'm just linking one gif, though (b/c we've got the other two), and i'm putting this one under spoiler tags.

and
                How naughty! I loved it

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  That's what that 2d picture was in the group that I posted.
                  Sorry, I ran in and ran out last night so I didn't look at the pictures. So I guess I vote #2 as well.

Comment

i'm talking to someone, that got three gifs off someone(s) talking on twitter...

i'm just linking one gif, though (b/c we've got the other two), and i'm putting this one under spoiler tags.

and

Awesome!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Late to the party, but I'm thinking a smaller version of house #3.
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Passionate Cec' has published part 4 of her Tying the Links series, Sealing the Family History.

The other 3 are in order: Sweater Love, Girls Just Wanna have JellO and Doing the Honors
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Ok, so I have a question totally unrelated to what you all seem to be discussing.

By the way, have also been sucked into the RL vortex and quite frankly don't see myself getting out any time soon.

SO, I'm writing another fic and I am trying to talk about Sam's house. I don't have any of the house episodes on DVD and can't find anything helpful on the Net so I am here to plead and beg with you.

My mind thinks that Sam lives in a two storey house with two windows upstairs that stick out from the roof. My story beta thinks it is a bungalow - one storey.

Please help my sanity by telling me which of us is correct. My story is set post season 7 so if you can think 'Chimera' (I know I know bad word and most of us want to forget it) and the house she lives in then.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Catygirl View Post
                            Ok, so I have a question totally unrelated to what you all seem to be discussing.

By the way, have also been sucked into the RL vortex and quite frankly don't see myself getting out any time soon.

SO, I'm writing another fic and I am trying to talk about Sam's house. I don't have any of the house episodes on DVD and can't find anything helpful on the Net so I am here to plead and beg with you.

My mind thinks that Sam lives in a two storey house with two windows upstairs that stick out from the roof. My story beta thinks it is a bungalow - one storey.

Please help my sanity by telling me which of us is correct. My story is set post season 7 so if you can think 'Chimera' (I know I know bad word and most of us want to forget it) and the house she lives in then.

Thanks
                            This is a screencap from 'Ascension' and this is from 'Chimera'. They both look like the same house to me, therefore I think the house is a bungalow.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help
                              So what house am I thinking of?????

Bungalow it is then, ok have to change some of the story

Catygirl

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                Wow, RL certainly has been kicking my butt ... Can't even remember the last time I was in here!

Heh. My answer: *inserts shameless self fic rec* "Of Accidents and Cake"
                                Thanks for the rec, I enjoyed the fic! Also, like you Dr. Who sig

Comment

Working...
                                X