No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't understand these anti-shippers, either. Or the "other" pairings. There was one on fanfic that was listed as Jack/Hailey. Where the heck do people come up with these pairings?? It's like they want to be anti-canon just to be controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      Don't understand these anti-shippers, either. Or the "other" pairings. There was one on fanfic that was listed as Jack/Hailey. Where the heck do people come up with these pairings?? It's like they want to be anti-canon just to be controversial.
      Anti-shippers I don't get. "Other" pairings I'm not into for SG-1 but I'm into "other" pairings in several fandoms
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

There are some pairings I can 'understand', such as Sam/Daniel, Jack/Janet, Sam/Teal'C, Sam/John (SGA), to name a few... People have arguments that I don't agree on, but they are still kind of funded somewhere. Then, I see something tagged as Jack/Hailey, or whatever else with another minor character and I just wonder where people get these ideas. o.ô
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
          Anti-shippers I don't get. "Other" pairings I'm not into for SG-1 but I'm into "other" pairings in several fandoms
          I understand that people may not care about the romantic pairings in a show, but I hate when people just completely disregard pairings and in the process, write completely out-of-character stories. Whether anti-shippers like it or not, Jack and Sam admitted their feelings for each other in Season 4, and it was continually hinted at through the show. By disregarding the 'ship, their disregarding the personalities of Jack, Sam, and all of the other characters.
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Well, I like to get into pairings that don't really fit cannon. I don't take them seriously, they are just for fun
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I spent the day helping out a friend who just had foot surgery. I agreed to a game of Scrabble only because she's unwell (I hate the game). I accepted immediately that she would crush me points-wise. So I decided to have some fun. When she started the game off with the word "randy" saying she hadn't known what it meant. The rest of the game I put up as many related words as I could. Then I got the best "randy" word ever. It made me laugh out loud. I was able to spell out

S-I-D-E-A-R-M

My friend thought I was crazy. It took some broad hints before she figured out how that word related to our theme.

I only wish I would have the letters for "FISHING".

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                SQUEEE!!! that is gorgeous hlndncr!!!!
                Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                That's one of your Valenship piccies re-worked, right? It makes a wonderful sig!

And the quote is beautiful too and so true.
                Thanks. Yes, it was for Valenship. I loved it so much; seemed a shame to only pull it out once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  I spent the day helping out a friend who just had foot surgery. I agreed to a game of Scrabble only because she's unwell (I hate the game). I accepted immediately that she would crush me points-wise. So I decided to have some fun. When she started the game off with the word "randy" saying she hadn't known what it meant. The rest of the game I put up as many related words as I could. Then I got the best "randy" word ever. It made me laugh out loud. I was able to spell out

S-I-D-E-A-R-M

My friend thought I was crazy. It took some broad hints before she figured out how that word related to our theme.

Too bad you didn't have fishing... Sidearm is fairly okay.
                  sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                    There are some pairings I can 'understand', such as Sam/Daniel, Jack/Janet, Sam/Teal'C, Sam/John (SGA), to name a few... People have arguments that I don't agree on, but they are still kind of funded somewhere. Then, I see something tagged as Jack/Hailey, or whatever else with another minor character and I just wonder where people get these ideas. o.ô
                    I suppose I could "understand" Sam/Daniel, could possibly see this happening if Jack wasn't around, but not Jack/Janet or Sam/John Sheppard. Heck, I don't get Daniel/Janet, and I know that's a popular pairing in the series. But I don't care so much what non-shippers or "other" pairings.. they can believe and write whatever floats their boat... I just have no intention of reading it!

I guess I'm just set in my S/J shipper ways!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

S-I-D-E-A-R-M

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          it's one of those box in a box in a box presents!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Did everyone else see this pile of gold that Mallozzi's hoarding? SG-1 dailies, including some from "Window of Opportunity".

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...te-themselves/

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                              I suppose I could "understand" Sam/Daniel, could possibly see this happening if Jack wasn't around, but not Jack/Janet or Sam/John Sheppard. Heck, I don't get Daniel/Janet, and I know that's a popular pairing in the series. But I don't care so much what non-shippers or "other" pairings.. they can believe and write whatever floats their boat... I just have no intention of reading it!

I guess I'm just set in my S/J shipper ways!
                              I don't get Janet/Daniel either. I like my ship to be canon and I just can't see anything that hints in this direction (come on, there really is only “Rite of Passage” where you could possibly see something, if you are really looking for it; one scene in seven seasons, that’s not enough for me). But you are right, to each it’s own. My policy: If I don’t like it, I don’t go there. This always worked best for me so far.

What really stumped me is that some of the anti-shippers feel that by broaching the issue of Sam and Jack and their feelings for each other, the show degenerates to a Soap Opera and that this kind of stuff has no place in a Sci-Fi-show! I don’t get it, I know SG-1 is not a character driven show, but the characters would be pretty one-dimensional if they did not show emotions. Or maybe it’s just the romantic feelings that should not be shown. It’s a bit childish in my opinion. And SG-1 has always been so low-key with any of the shippy stuff anyway. Oh, and apparently there is absolutely no chemistry between Sam and Jack whatsoever, I’m not sure I saw the same show as these guys.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

Spoiler:
                                FYI, I originally saw a frog in a cube, but then I logged into my ImageShack account and finally saw the smiley.

This is something I am seeing on other forums I am a member of and images hosted on ImageShack.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X