Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    I don't want to have to remove all the tags, but I'm quoting you, Hlndncr!

You know what that last look says? Well--both of them since they're essentially the same. . .

SATISFACTION. He's got knowledge of something that he's been wanting to know for a long time--and it's GOO--oo--OOD!

That's not just the smug look of a man who stole a kiss from a woman he loves.

It's a confirmation that she feels something for him by her response to that kiss...
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      I have to say this--

This is the BEST ship.

These are the BEST fans.

This is the BEST thread!

Thanks, everyone!

You are right, I've been lurking in a lot of other threads in the forum and the tone in some of them is really harsh. What I love about this thread and the people posting here, is that even if we don't agree on everything, there is such a amicable and lovely atmosphere. So I agree with everything you said!
      sigpic

Comment

*Pol looks around*

Ooh! Newbies! Welcome to the Family!

:::sigh::: I miss hangin' with the GW Family. A teeny update inside:
        Spoiler:
        On the good news side, I have a proposal defense date. For those unfamiliar with the process, when you're getting a doctorate you are a "doctoral student" until you pass your proposal defense (which is your official formal proposal for your dissertation - it sets benchmarks to hit so that in the end you can check them off and your committee can't keep changing the goal line). After you pass, you become a "doctoral candidate," which in academic circles is kind of a semi-big deal. Then I have a year of research, analysis, and writing-up-of data ahead of me (and classes) beyond the full (21 unit) load that I am teaching.

My Chair says I'm still on track for a May, 2012 graduation to become "Dr. Pol." Woohoo! Then I'm calling Sam, and we're goin' out to dinner!

On the non-personal and wholly Stargate-related side, I am working on two things:
        1. New Campfire is in the works. As you know, we're in Season 4, the "ultra-shippy bits;" thus conversely, the Campfires are harder to write.
        2. A longer, "epic" Stargate story that is pretty much outlined and ready to get rolling on the "writing-bits" part of it.

Okay, done checking in...off to teach for the afternoon.
        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          *Pol looks around*

Ooh! Newbies! Welcome to the Family!

:::sigh::: I miss hangin' with the GW Family. A teeny update inside:
          Spoiler:
          On the good news side, I have a proposal defense date. For those unfamiliar with the process, when you're getting a doctorate you are a "doctoral student" until you pass your proposal defense (which is your official formal proposal for your dissertation - it sets benchmarks to hit so that in the end you can check them off and your committee can't keep changing the goal line). After you pass, you become a "doctoral candidate," which in academic circles is kind of a semi-big deal. Then I have a year of research, analysis, and writing-up-of data ahead of me (and classes) beyond the full (21 unit) load that I am teaching.

My Chair says I'm still on track for a May, 2012 graduation to become "Dr. Pol." Woohoo! Then I'm calling Sam, and we're goin' out to dinner!

On the non-personal and wholly Stargate-related side, I am working on two things:
          1. New Campfire is in the works. As you know, we're in Season 4, the "ultra-shippy bits;" thus conversely, the Campfires are harder to write.
          2. A longer, "epic" Stargate story that is pretty much outlined and ready to get rolling on the "writing-bits" part of it.

Okay, done checking in...off to teach for the afternoon.
          Congrats Pol!

Can't wait to read those stories

I think I might make some gifs to celebrate WoO day
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

A few favorite WoO fics:

Looping

Practice Makes Perfect

Another Opportunity

The First One

Aftershocks II, Chapter 27: Tomorrow is Another Day

Comment

Anyone have any WoO vids or art?

Come on Sharon, how about a ficlet?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, but in the end I chose a song that I had in my mind, though it's not really an original choice! But I hadn't much time to make the vidlet (render in progress), especially cos I still have to finish my Valenship vid and next week I'll be in London for AT5.
                But S/J deserved a vid for the Hugging contest!!!
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

OK, I finished the vid, I made it very quickly this evening.

sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Love it Chemmy!

That really is the best hug ever!

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      OK, I finished the vid, I made it very quickly this evening.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-PUfSn6KM
                      Really the best TV hug ever!
                      [SIGPIC][URL="http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/Nenyc/?action=view&current=Banner51.jpg"[/SIGPIC]

Comment

To all of our Aussie friends:

Spoiler:
                        Please be safe! My prayers will be with all of you who are affected by cyclone Yasi!
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

hey Pol, Couldn't open your spoiler....hope the news was good. Looking forward to the new Campfire, got the marshmallows waiting Hope your classes went well!
                          Oh and so we don't forget, why we are here,
                          Jack and Sam forever!
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Great video, I loved the way you pulled the clips together to make a story, Great!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Huh, weird. Trying again:

A teeny update inside:
                              Spoiler:

Did it work?

Er...

Gosh, I'm lazy
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Happy Groundhog Day everyone!

Great vid, xfchemist! Love that hug!

Comment

Working...
                                X