Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Indeed, don't get me wrong, I loved the show as it was and it is still one of my favorite shows to rewatch, but everytime I'm thinking or rewatching an episode, I want to see a more character development orientated one, but there are only a few of those...and I can't watch the same episode over and over again....well...not always...

I think if Sam, Teal'c and Daniel had been more developed in S9 and S10 instead of the Ori, the viewers would have liked it a lot more. I mean, I'm not saying I dislike Cam or Vala, I don't, I like them, but I would have preferred seeing the original characters be more developed instead of getting a lot of new ones in.
    It just didn't feel right to me.

I mean think about it if somewhere in S9 it was told that S/J were together...it would have been interesting to see if Sam had changed at work, if she left more often etc. They could even, without Jack even being on screen, show her struggling with this new relationship. Because even with the love Sam and Jack share I'm sure they would have their fair share of arguments and struggles in the beginning of their relationship going from CO and 2IC to "lovers" or husband/wife.
    I never actually thought about TBTB dedicating S9&10 to the SG-1 backstory. What a great idea. Maybe not even both seasons but S10.

I liked Cam and Vala, although, if I'm honest I thought they had her upstaging Sam a bit in Beachhead - coming up with the out-of-the-box idea and all - that pissed me off, but hey, i'm forgiving and I did enjoy what Vala brought to the table.

Seeing the effects of Sam and Jack's relationship at the 'office' would have been very cool as well.

Oh well on to Movie #3 (yes, i still believe)

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
    You are right, I would have loved to see more of them in a private environment, but I don’t feel the relationship between the characters is underdeveloped. Maybe we don’t see them together a lot outside of work, but I think they have such an incredible chemistry that you get the feeling of great familiarity.

How great would it have been to see something like this, but it would have ended all speculations about Sam and Jack’s relationship. This assumes that TBTB would have been willing to decide in favour of us shippers, instead they did everything to be vague enough to satisfy both shipper and anti-shipper.
    Yes and that's why we shippers deserve Movie #3. We've taken the short end of the stick and we still love the show and the ship.

I for one think it's time we got it our way.

Who's with me!!!!!

**looks around for support**
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      Correct me if I've misunderstood what you're saying here:

Brocca: I agree Jack pushed Sam away because he had to have been very shocked by the whole thing. But there was certainly a part of him that wanted it. When she says she wants him his first reaction is, "Why?" not "Get the hell away!" And then when she asks if he wants her he responds with, "No. No, not like this . . . ." So how does he want her? And I will always be firmly convinced that in the end he did take a little nibble at her neck when he goes to pick her up.
      **tries

desperately

to

stay

out

of

the

gutter**

Oh forget it.

He wants her in every way possible.

POV: AU Samantha definitely wanted to kiss Jack as a way to say goodbye to the husband she lost. She had already shown that she was willing to use our Jack as a stand in for hers. But I don't think our Sam saw that kiss as a sign she and Jack would be together one day. I think she was quite embarassed and maybe even a little horrified. I think Sam may have even wanted to slap Jack for kissing her double so publicly (although I think he forgot they could be seen).
      She may have been a bit embarrassed, but did you see that Broca and Grace kiss
      My opinion is that Sam had a thing for Jack before they even met in that briefing room. So i agree that that embarrassment may have been partly from the public display but I'm convinced that she was wondering if everyone could read her mind at that point.

Moebius: I agree that situation left them with no restraints. When geeky Sam through her usual caution to the wind, the much more laid back AT Jack had no problem going with the flow.
      Ah yes.

I like that term: Universal Constant. Must use that as the title of a fic someday. I don't have a story to go with it yet, but it'll come to me.
      Yes. Yes it will so please post it soon.
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        I'm surprised you even contemplated watching an episode with in it. Seeing him on-screen makes me want to throw up.
        I had considered season 7 for my marathon this evening, but I'm just not ready to see on screen again in the near future... it doesn't go with the fics I've been reading

I've discovered a combination second only to Sam/Jack... wine/season 4 :happyshippygrin:

As far as the discussion on the Broca Divide kiss goes... I think it's obviously far too early for there to be a deep emotional relationship going on, but I think they definitely have a massively strong attraction to each other, and yes - fundamentally a lot of it is physical! When Jack says "Not like this..." - how else can that be interpreted other than "yes to you jumping me, no to the crazy alien influence"???

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
          I had considered season 7 for my marathon this evening, but I'm just not ready to see on screen again in the near future... it doesn't go with the fics I've been reading

I've discovered a combination second only to Sam/Jack... wine/season 4 :happyshippygrin:

As far as the discussion on the Broca Divide kiss goes... I think it's obviously far too early for there to be a deep emotional relationship going on, but I think they definitely have a massively strong attraction to each other, and yes - fundamentally a lot of it is physical! When Jack says "Not like this..." - how else can that be interpreted other than "yes to you jumping me, no to the crazy alien influence"???
          I think that both of them acknowledged the attraction in the Broca kiss. She, by choosing him for her mate, and he with the "Not like this" comment. Even though the Powers that be said that they hadn't thought of them as attracted to each other before "Into the Fire", I still think that it was there from the beginning.

Since I don't drink, I will postulate that Chocolate Cherries Jubilee ice cream and Season 4 works quite well, too. Yummy on SO many levels.
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            I think that both of them acknowledged the attraction in the Broca kiss. She, by choosing him for her mate, and he with the "Not like this" comment. Even though the Powers that be said that they hadn't thought of them as attracted to each other before "Into the Fire", I still think that it was there from the beginning.

Since I don't drink, I will postulate that Chocolate Cherries Jubilee ice cream and Season 4 works quite well, too. Yummy on SO many levels.
            Let's also not forget Jack's beatdown of Daniel when he told Daniel to leave Samantha alone because she wasn't his to worry about.

The attraction definitely went both ways. Correct me if I'm wrong but usually, in such cases, the male chose the woman who could bear him the strongest children right?
            Last edited by trinity3; 04 January 2011, 01:55 PM.
            sigpic
            sig by Mada
            As a matter of FIC

Comment

I tend to take a lot of what The Powers That Be say with a grain of salt. I'm quite sure they had it in mind from the beginning, a possibility of some sort of personal attraction/relationship between Jack and Sam. They knew that chemistry was there long before "Into the Fire". Plus, they did apparently go out of their way to make sure that AT and RDA looked really good together at the auditions when looking for the "right" Sam Carter. I don't think they would have been doing that if the two characters were going to be nothing more than pals throughout the series.

And on another subject, a little question:

If Jack were going to give Teal'c a gift to say thank you for doing something really big - even though he doesn't have to and Teal'c would certainly never expect it - what does anybody think it might be? Same question applies for Sam and Daniel.

(*oh, and I'll take B&J's Vanilla/Caramel/Fudge and Season 4, thank you. *)

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                Let's also not forget Jack's beatdown of Daniel when he told Daniel to leave Samantha alone because she wasn't his to worry about.

The attraction definitely went both ways. Correct me if I'm wrong but usually, in such cases, the male chose the woman who could bear him the most children right?
                Well, in the animal kingdom, the males would probably preen and flaunt themselves so that the females would then choose them to father their offspring. The strongest/most desireable males would be chosen by the most desirable females.

Yeah. . .that would kind of fit in this scenario. . .talking specifically about Broca. My guess is that had Sam and Jack remained "dark side", their kids would have been fabulous!
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I tend to take a lot of what The Powers That Be say with a grain of salt. I'm quite sure they had it in mind from the beginning, a possibility of some sort of personal attraction/relationship between Jack and Sam. They knew that chemistry was there long before "Into the Fire". Plus, they did apparently go out of their way to make sure that AT and RDA looked really good together at the auditions when looking for the "right" Sam Carter. I don't think they would have been doing that if the two characters were going to be nothing more than pals throughout the series.

And on another subject, a little question:

If Jack were going to give Teal'c a gift to say thank you for doing something really big - even though he doesn't have to and Teal'c would certainly never expect it - what does anybody think it might be? Same question applies for Sam and Daniel.

(*oh, and I'll take B&J's Vanilla/Caramel/Fudge and Season 4, thank you. *)
                  Wow that's a biggie.

Hmm.

For Teal'c - jello wrestling tickets

For Daniel - some artifact he's been meaning to get himself

For Sam - a detachable fishing rod / tickets to Opera / a new helmet to go with the Inidan

That's a tough one and will require some more thought to be more significant.

Sorry.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

Well, in the animal kingdom, the males would probably preen and flaunt themselves so that the females would then choose them to father their offspring. The strongest/most desireable males would be chosen by the most desirable females.

Yeah. . .that would kind of fit in this scenario. . .talking specifically about Broca. My guess is that had Sam and Jack remained "dark side", their kids would have been fabulous!
                    Even now their kids would be fabulous!!!
                    sigpic
                    sig by Mada
                    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                      Wow that's a biggie.

Hmm.

For Teal'c - jello wrestling tickets

For Daniel - some artifact he's been meaning to get himself

For Sam - a detachable fishing rod / tickets to Opera / a new helmet to go with the Inidan

That's a tough one and will require some more thought to be more significant.

Sorry.
                      Good ideas. I'll add them to my list And more will be appreciated.

Comment

I vowed to watch every episode on my rewatch. I'm on Season 3, and I completely wimped out when it came to "100 Days". I could NOT bring myself to watch it!

So, apparently, I do not live in the cavern of Angst.

I've decided that we should establish those parameters, then. Decide those indicators that are sure-fire signs of your Ship Address. It could be a new game! so, cut and paste the following, adding your own ideas!

Cavern of Angst:

1. Your favorite episode is "100 Days".

Fields of Fluff:

1. You can't see a fishing pole without giggling.

Steamy Gutter of Love:

1. You've watched the Broca Kiss so often that it has worn a hole in your DVD.

Anyone want to play?
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

A. From what we've seen on-screen do you think Sam and Jack are:

1. married
                          2. together but not married yet
                          3. they promised each other that one day they'll be together (something along the line in "Trio" - "He will retire soon and...")
                          4. they've confessed their feeling in "Threads", but decided that duty comes first...

i chose two answers, b/c i can't make up my mind.

B. What would you consider a proper resolution to S/J ship in the 3rd movies? (multiple choices possible - choices are bolded)

1. Spoken proof that Sam and Jack are together
                          2. Visual proof Sam and Jack are together (rings, touches)
                          3. Kiss
                          4. Bedroom scene
                          5. Sam and Jack married
                          6. Shippy scenes that maintain the ambiguity

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

I vowed to watch every episode on my rewatch. I'm on Season 3, and I completely wimped out when it came to "100 Days". I could NOT bring myself to watch it!

I knew it!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I've decided that we should establish those parameters, then. Decide those indicators that are sure-fire signs of your Ship Address. It could be a new game! so, cut and paste the following, adding your own ideas!
                              Cavern of Angst:

1. Your favorite episode is "100 Days".
                              2. 2010

Fields of Fluff:

1. You can't see a fishing pole without giggling.
                              2. Curling makes me smile (as in 'Daniel bet on curling.')

Steamy Gutter of Love:

1. You've watched the Broca Kiss so often that it has worn a hole in your DVD.
                              2. The hypnotic effect of the Grace slomo or fasmo kiss
                              sigpic
                              sig by Mada
                              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                                You are right, I would have loved to see more of them in a private environment, but I don’t feel the relationship between the characters is underdeveloped. Maybe we don’t see them together a lot outside of work, but I think they have such an incredible chemistry that you get the feeling of great familiarity.
                                I think I'm different in there. Even though all of them had a great chemistry it, IMHO, didn't develop their personalities. You saw them together, but not a lot when they weren't working.
                                I would have liked to see that. For example I liked seeing Teal'c in Affinity(lets not think about the other part of that episode though), Daniel and the Sarah storyline in the beginning, Sam, even if it was with ...just seeing her outside of the base was nice...
                                The only one that was well pointed out, IMHO, was Jack and his cabin/fishing. We saw that happen a few times and he also spoke about it....something like that for the others would have been nice IMHO!

Perhaps I just watch too many other drama/character development orientated shows...

How great would it have been to see something like this, but it would have ended all speculations about Sam and Jack’s relationship. This assumes that TBTB would have been willing to decide in favour of us shippers, instead they did everything to be vague enough to satisfy both shipper and anti-shipper.
                                I know the way they set up the storyline was good for both anti-shipper and pro, but in the end IMHO, they should have taken the risk and went for it. You don't want to know how many people I know that watch SG-1, aren't on the internet(or active in fandom in any way) and agree that S/J should have hooked up.
                                You notice that a lot of "general" viewers never thought of S/J together because they didn't see it...I would have liked to have seen that solved, even if it would have been the last thing the series showed. Sam and Jack together in the last episode Jack was in...

Buuuut that also reminds me of the fact that when RDA was on for 5 episodes in the time of S10, they only used him in two SG-1 ones and three SGA episodes...

Ooohhh that would have been interesting to see.
                                It would have been interesting if Janet woudn't have found the solution in time. S/J hooked up, Sam got preggies AND got the kid how the kid would have been since she came out/was in the beginning raised by two "wild" people/cavemen.

Now I want to read an S/J BD fanfic.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X