Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Shippers!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i suffered through lana/some idiot guy on 'smallville', but, down the line, i got lana/clark big time (even though they didn't end up together permanently ). but the point is, if i had super shippy scenes between sam/jack, like it was with sam/pete, i could let go of my bitterness.

hasn't happened yet. and i hope YET is the operative word.
    Yes. Yet is the operative word

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
    On Moebius: I don't know if it was during the kiss or during one of the other moments between the two in that episode, but in the commentary, they say something along the lines of "Sam and Jack are a universal constant." Which, from my POV (and probably yours) is really good. No mather where/when/how they are, if they cross paths, there is always something that will draw them together. ^^

Okay, I'm feeling all fluffy and romantic tonight, so what?

Indeed. I was so glad that the writers decided against going with a Sam/Cam scene in Ripple Effect. That would have cheapened our Sam to no end and messed with the universe.

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
    Broca Divide: I'm with you here, she wanted Jack. If she were only interested in the alpha male there would have been other choices. I have a soft spot for this episode, because I started shipping these two with “The Broca Divide”, but to be honest there are a lot of other scenes in later seasons that are more intense, even if they are not kissing there. As for the Broca kiss, yes there is attraction and yes it is raw, but what we see here, are two people who just met. Therefore it lacks the deep emotions that are displayed in other episodes, for example the hug in “Heroes”. And don't forget Jack is not infected at this point and he is a bit spooked by Sam's actions ("...not like this, ...).

POV: I totally agree, Dr. Carter is not Sam. For our Sam this must really be a strange experience. Not only is the man she has feelings for kissing her alternate self, but Hammond is standing next to her! Well done Jack! Someone wrote a fic about Sam’s insecurities after this incident, concerning the differences between her and Dr. Carter and I think this is an important issue.

Moebius: I like Moebius! They are so much more open and carefree in this episode. And come on, you have to love geeky Sam! As the most of you mentioned before, I like the concept that regardless of the timeline, the differences between alternate realities or if they have been robbed of their memories, these two are always finding each other.
    Raw is an interesting word we used earlier to describe Sam's fantasy Grace kiss. And I agree with you about the raw need she displayed in Broca. Someone very rightly said it enhanced her original feelings while removing any inhibitions.

Hmm, seems like our Miss Carter definitely has a wild side.

And YES. I love geeky Sam, girly Sam, soldier girl Sam, sexually confident Sam, unsure insecure Sam.

Did I mention that I just love Sam?
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

have you guys checked out the Good News Bad News game recently? it's taken a Sam/Jack shippy turn

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...-bad-news-SG-1
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
        have you guys checked out the Good News Bad News game recently? it's taken a Sam/Jack shippy turn

I never knew there was a good news / bad news game. Love the shippy good news
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
          I never knew there was a good news / bad news game. Love the shippy good news
          There's also a Good News-Bad News Sam/Jack Style that needs help getting back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
            There's also a Good News-Bad News Sam/Jack Style that needs help getting back on track.
            Kewl! I'll check it out.
            sigpic
            sig by Mada
            As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i'm still waiting for the super shippy scenes b/t sam and jack (like they did with sam and cop dude), so i'm going to pass. i can't even believe i was contemplating watching it.
              I'm surprised you even contemplated watching an episode with in it. Seeing him on-screen makes me want to throw up.

Originally posted by siles View Post
              I would really like to know how many shippers where actually satisfied with the "resolution" from "Threads" given how graphic Sam/Pete was - in 3 episodes we saw kisses, date, dancing, bedroom scene, proposal/acceptance, whereas Sam and Jack are still in the "not exactly" stage in my opinion.
              Let's make a little poll (actually 2 - my choices in bold)

1. From what we've seen on-screen do you think Sam and Jack are:
              1. married
              2. together but not married yet
              3. they promised each other that one day they'll be together (something along the line in "Trio" - "He will retire soon and...")
              4. they've confessed their feeling in "Threads", but decided that duty comes first...

2. What would you consider a proper resolution to S/J ship in the 3rd movies? (multiple choices possible - my choices are bolded)
              1. Spoken proof that Sam and Jack are together
              2. Visual proof Sam and Jack are together (rings, touches)
              3. Kiss

4. Bedroom scene
              5. Sam and Jack married
              6. Shippy scenes that maintain the ambiguity

Please copy/paste and answer the 2 qs...
              My answers are in red.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post

Ok. I've made a Good News post on both threads. Took some thought to not go gutter on one though. They don't know me there yet, so I'm playing nice

Thanks for sharing guys.
                sigpic
                sig by Mada
                As a matter of FIC

Comment

*popping in*

What I would like to see for confirmation in the 3rd movie.

I want to see them married, because in my mind they've already been like that since the end of Threads....and if we would be able to get something on screen, I would like some subtle confirmation, like rings or just a casual kiss or whatever.
                  Something in which you know that they are together, but it must feel a part of the story and not forced.

GRACE KISS: I love it and why I love it that much. It is first of all one of the few kisses we've seen sam and Jack share. Secondly, Sam has a very HOT and kinky imagination Just think what could have happened if she imagined a little bit more*fans self* plus I like it so much because it is so zoomed in. You can actually see their tongues dueling...*faints*

Still I love the WoO kiss a lot too. This one is from Jack's perspective and it is, in a way, the only real kiss that Sam and Jack shared. No AU/hallucinations/viruses whatever. It is real. Sam and Jack contently(he he) kissed each other!

Yep. Kisses rock. Sam and Jack are Awesome.

I love this ship.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    *popping in*

What I would like to see for confirmation in the 3rd movie.

I want to see them married, because in my mind they've already been like that since the end of Threads....and if we would be able to get something on screen, I would like some subtle confirmation, like rings or just a casual kiss or whatever.
                    Something in which you know that they are together, but it must feel a part of the story and not forced.

GRACE KISS: I love it and why I love it that much. It is first of all one of the few kisses we've seen sam and Jack share. Secondly, Sam has a very HOT and kinky imagination Just think what could have happened if she imagined a little bit more*fans self* plus I like it so much because it is so zoomed in. You can actually see their tongues dueling...*faints*

Still I love the WoO kiss a lot too. This one is from Jack's perspective and it is, in a way, the only real kiss that Sam and Jack shared. No AU/hallucinations/viruses whatever. It is real. Sam and Jack contently(he he) kissed each other!

Yep. Kisses rock. Sam and Jack are Awesome.

I love this ship.
                    That's what i'm talking about!!!

Did i mention that i love kinky Sam
                    sigpic
                    sig by Mada
                    As a matter of FIC

Comment

That's what i'm talking about!!!

Did i mention that i love kinky Sam
                      Me too! It is sad that we haven't seen more of her! I mean you always see Sam the Soldier and a couple of times you saw her with ...you know who , but if her imagination with Jack is already that hot, think about it for real....yikes!

I think it is sad, and this also counts partly for Teal'c, Daniel and Jack, that we never saw them a whole lot in a normal environment. We never saw a lot of what they did in their free time...well ...except for Jack and his fishing. I always felt, in a way, the relation part of the characters was a bit underdeveloped.
                      sigpic

Comment

Me too! It is sad that we haven't seen more of her! I mean you always see Sam the Soldier and a couple of times you saw her with ...you know who , but if her imagination with Jack is already that hot, think about it for real....yikes!

I think it is sad, and this also counts partly for Teal'c, Daniel and Jack, that we never saw them a whole lot in a normal environment. We never saw a lot of what they did in their free time...well ...except for Jack and his fishing. I always felt, in a way, the relation part of the characters was a bit underdeveloped.
                        Yes, again i think to satisfy the non-shippers. I agree the main focus of the show was not the personal lives of these people but what a backstory they must have had. We got glimpses but, like you, i always wanted to see more.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Mada
                        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Yes, again i think to satisfy the non-shippers. I agree the main focus of the show was not the personal lives of these people but what a backstory they must have had. We got glimpses but, like you, i always wanted to see more.
                          Indeed, don't get me wrong, I loved the show as it was and it is still one of my favorite shows to rewatch, but everytime I'm thinking or rewatching an episode, I want to see a more character development orientated one, but there are only a few of those...and I can't watch the same episode over and over again....well...not always...

I think if Sam, Teal'c and Daniel had been more developed in S9 and S10 instead of the Ori, the viewers would have liked it a lot more. I mean, I'm not saying I dislike Cam or Vala, I don't, I like them, but I would have preferred seeing the original characters be more developed instead of getting a lot of new ones in.
                          It just didn't feel right to me.

I mean think about it if somewhere in S9 it was told that S/J were together...it would have been interesting to see if Sam had changed at work, if she left more often etc. They could even, without Jack even being on screen, show her struggling with this new relationship. Because even with the love Sam and Jack share I'm sure they would have their fair share of arguments and struggles in the beginning of their relationship going from CO and 2IC to "lovers" or husband/wife.
                          sigpic

Comment

You are right, I would have loved to see more of them in a private environment, but I don’t feel the relationship between the characters is underdeveloped. Maybe we don’t see them together a lot outside of work, but I think they have such an incredible chemistry that you get the feeling of great familiarity.

snip

I mean think about it if somewhere in S9 it was told that S/J were together...it would have been interesting to see if Sam had changed at work, if she left more often etc. They could even, without Jack even being on screen, show her struggling with this new relationship. Because even with the love Sam and Jack share I'm sure they would have their fair share of arguments and struggles in the beginning of their relationship going from CO and 2IC to "lovers" or husband/wife.
                            How great would it have been to see something like this, but it would have ended all speculations about Sam and Jack’s relationship. This assumes that TBTB would have been willing to decide in favour of us shippers, instead they did everything to be vague enough to satisfy both shipper and anti-shipper.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HolyAngelQueenSG-1 View Post
                              Hey hlndncr,

Broca: The virus sound like Cavemen and Cavewomen. Sam kissed and pulled Jack's shoulders than Sam's cat claw cut at Jack. He push away to her!

POV: She wish is: Jack back alive. than He kiss at her than Sam look at the mirror stone. She thinking is: "Jack will marrying me."

Moebius: Jack and Sam inside The jumper time machine. She begin kiss at Jack O'neill. And He again back more kisses smooth at Sam.
                              Correct me if I've misunderstood what you're saying here:

Brocca: I agree Jack pushed Sam away because he had to have been very shocked by the whole thing. But there was certainly a part of him that wanted it. When she says she wants him his first reaction is, "Why?" not "Get the hell away!" And then when she asks if he wants her he responds with, "No. No, not like this . . . ." So how does he want her? And I will always be firmly convinced that in the end he did take a little nibble at her neck when he goes to pick her up.

POV: AU Samantha definitely wanted to kiss Jack as a way to say goodbye to the husband she lost. She had already shown that she was willing to use our Jack as a stand in for hers. But I don't think our Sam saw that kiss as a sign she and Jack would be together one day. I think she was quite embarassed and maybe even a little horrified. I think Sam may have even wanted to slap Jack for kissing her double so publicly (although I think he forgot they could be seen).

Moebius: I agree that situation left them with no restraints. When geeky Sam through her usual caution to the wind, the much more laid back AT Jack had no problem going with the flow.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                On Moebius: I don't know if it was during the kiss or during one of the other moments between the two in that episode, but in the commentary, they say something along the lines of "Sam and Jack are a universal constant." Which, from my POV (and probably yours) is really good. No mather where/when/how they are, if they cross paths, there is always something that will draw them together. ^^

Okay, I'm feeling all fluffy and romantic tonight, so what?

I like that term: Universal Constant. Must use that as the title of a fic someday. I don't have a story to go with it yet, but it'll come to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X