Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    Pol had an excellent explanation in the Third Movie thread. I'll post it, but if you have any questions ask Pol.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/4...1#post11539733 (can't figure out how to link to her post) Post #5430

Thank you Pol for this.
    Thanks for posting the link. It helped to answer my questions about the current CoC between Sam and Jack. Very detailed explanation, too, which is great

Comment

Leiasky requiem was a sanctuary episode.

Comment

*runz in*

I know, I haven't been around here for AGES! But sometimes there's nowhere else to be

SGU Spoiler
        Spoiler:
        *happy dances* *points down* That makes me very happy

I'm sorry, Sam
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarianneLyra View Post
          hey guys... I've been away from this thread a lot (job, university ....) but now I'm back !! I inevitably saw incursion and ... Ultra Squeeeeeee
          I can't wait for the finale even if I'm not a huge SGU fan
          Welcome back!!

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
          Hey everyone!
          It's been a long time since I've posted on this thread and I've noticed that a number of you have seemed to have disappeared. I guess that is to be expected as people move on! Ultimately I just popped in to say that I'm still behind the ship waiting patiently for confirmation. I'm sure there are plently of people just like me out there, hopefully one day soon we'll hear something...
          I have been thinking that a lot shippers have resurfaced lately
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            Up to my old tricks again...

Congratulations, Fluffy17, on 100 posts!!!
            Awhh thanks - never thought I'd get there!!

And so much to read overnight - great to see it all

Giggled about the pole & am waiting patiently for the gifted people that frequent this place to create the Squeemonitor

Peridot must be there - and blue for the jello and black for those special ops things they do and those great outfits, and desert brown for Continium and flashing gold for Moebius, perhaps yellow for the WoO kiss. Sorry I'm rambling, will wait patiently

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              Yes. I can't recall any episode in SG1 or SGA titled "Requiem".

Comment

Don't know if this OT or not but I know Jack was just recently promoted to Lt. General but do you think we'll see a Full 4 Star General O'Neill? Or a Brigadier General Samantha Carter?

Comment

Oh. Meh.

I'd love to have seen an 'in SG world' reason why Young knew how to break that mind control. It really wasn't explained, was it?

Or was I just too giddy over the Sam and Jack scenes to bother to pay attention to the rest of the episode? LOL!

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                  *runz in*

I know, I haven't been around here for AGES! But sometimes there's nowhere else to be

SGU Spoiler
                  Spoiler:
                  *happy dances* *points down* That makes me very happy

I'm sorry, Sam
                  Oma! Welcome back! You've been missed! I LOVE your sig! Wanna make me one? LOL!

That quote nearly made me fall out of my chair. I was so happy. The person I was watching the episode with was confused. LOL!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Don't know if this OT or not but I know Jack was just recently promoted to Lt. General but do you think we'll see a Full 4 Star General O'Neill? Or a Brigadier General Samantha Carter?

That's a few short years for Jack to be promoted so fast. I'd like to see him stay at that rank for a while.

And I'm not sure I'm ready to see General Sam, even if she does have enough years in grade. I think she should remain a Colonel for a while yet.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      That's a few short years for Jack to be promoted so fast. I'd like to see him stay at that rank for a while.

And I'm not sure I'm ready to see General Sam, even if she does have enough years in grade. I think she should remain a Colonel for a while yet.
                      I agree with leiasky about Jack. I think he's been promoted too fast. (And there just aren't that many 4 stars; it doesn't make sense for Jack to become one. In fact, this latest promotion makes no sense to me. But I've already said that I don't like what they are doing to my characters on SGU.) The next step for Jack is retirement (and more time with someone special ).

I can definitely see Sam becoming a general and I think it's about time! I also think commander of the Hammond was completely wrong for her character (she didn't even want to sit in the chair in AoT; and I won't go into all my beefs with that whole scenario). Definitely more of a Mitchell thing. She certainly deserves a command, however; maybe a special taskforce working out of the Pentagon?

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        Oh. Meh.

I'd love to have seen an 'in SG world' reason why Young knew how to break that mind control. It really wasn't explained, was it?

Or was I just too giddy over the Sam and Jack scenes to bother to pay attention to the rest of the episode? LOL!

Oma! Welcome back! You've been missed! I LOVE your sig! Wanna make me one? LOL!

That quote nearly made me fall out of my chair. I was so happy. The person I was watching the episode with was confused. LOL!
                        I thought it had to do with the SG-1 episode "Threshold"

I think I shall go and watch Incursion part 1 (for the fifth time)

sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post

It's a possibility, but Teal'c didn't actually die in that one. He came very, very close, though.

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post

I'm going to spoiler this as OT and SGU:

Spoiler:
                            Well that make more sense than just coming out of the blue, but it wouldn't be the first time something just suddenly came up in SGU

Spoiler:
                            Like we can now control the communication stones.

But I still don't think that really works because it seemed like a Jaffa specific thing linked to the absence of the symbiote, and it required a conscious effort on T's part to review his life's choices and make a final decision to fight the brainwashing. Not suffocate, pass out, come to seconds later, and what do you know brainwashing is all gone.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                              I'm going to spoiler this as OT and SGU:

Spoiler:
                              Well that make more sense than just coming out of the blue, but it wouldn't be the first time something just suddenly came up in SGU

Spoiler:

But I still don't think that really works because it seemed like a Jaffa specific thing linked to the absence of the symbiote, and it required a conscious effort on T's part to review his life's choices and make a final decision to fight the brainwashing. Not suffocate, pass out, come to seconds later, and what do you know brainwashing is all gone.

Agreed. I would never consider what happened with Teal'c to be at all related to what was done to Telford.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                I agree with leiasky about Jack. I think he's been promoted too fast. (And there just aren't that many 4 stars; it doesn't make sense for Jack to become one. In fact, this latest promotion makes no sense to me. But I've already said that I don't like what they are doing to my characters on SGU.) The next step for Jack is retirement (and more time with someone special ).
                                While I agree that it's too soon to promote Jack again, I must say I'm absolutely thrilled with his 3 stars and I love how he's portrayed on SGU. He's back to being a tough, demanding, intelligent military commander of seasons 1-6. Finally.

And it probably makes me a bad shipper, but I don't want him to retire just yet.

I can definitely see Sam becoming a general and I think it's about time! I also think commander of the Hammond was completely wrong for her character (she didn't even want to sit in the chair in AoT; and I won't go into all my beefs with that whole scenario). Definitely more of a Mitchell thing. She certainly deserves a command, however; maybe a special taskforce working out of the Pentagon?
                                See, I wholeheartedly disagree. Sam was promoted fairly recently, IIRC for her command of Atlantis? In-verse that would mean about 3-4 years ago - it's much too soon for another promotion, especially to a general. But then I know squat about the military so I can be wrong. I really don't think she's ready anyway.

Besides I like her in command of Hammond, and I found this "chair scene" in AoT incredibly OoC..but then I'm one of the folks who thought she should have been in charge of SG-1 during the last 2 seasons and found her meek acceptance of Mitchell's command OOC too.

OT SGU
                                Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                But it isn't something that SGU made up. The exact same thing happened in SG-1 in season 10. In "Insiders" Barret was revealed to had been brainwashed much like Teal'c in "Enemies" and then in the next episode, "Uninvited", it was said that he was already back to normal, having beaten his brainwashing. It was never explained how, but I guess this was the precedense.

Besides there are many theories what kind of brainwashing was used on Telford (Za'tarc, Nish'ta chemicals, Apophis' way from "Enemies" or Baal's from "Stronghold", just off the top of my head) and therefore it's impossible to claim that suffocating shouldn't work. Just my 2 cents.

On topic: Jack and Sam are definitely together
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X