Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    what makes a ship? is it the storyline? the characters? the actors? the...

Spoiler:
    i'm bringing this up, b/c of what's going on in sanctuary with the helen/john ship. see, i like the concept of this ship, it's just that i don't feel any spark, but that's not b/c amanda and chris h don't have chemistry, b/c they do! i think, for me, it's b/c *i'm* not sexually attracted to chris h, so that throws off some of the spark i need to get into the ship.

so why am i bringing this up *here*? b/c, for me, part of why sam/jack works soooo much for me, is b/c 1- i like putting myself into sam's place completely, 2- i drool over rda, and 3- the storyline.

with helen/john, i don't have #2.

with all the ships i've ever been into, sam/jack is THE ship that makes me drool and makes me squee and makes me sigh and makes me continue with it for over a decade!!

LONG LIVE SAM AND JACK!!
    Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    You bring up a good point. I feel like I'm attracted to Sam/Jack partly because I think RDA's a very handsome man. Likewise, I'm nuts about the Helen/John ship because I love Chris Heyerdahl (It's the voice. Always the voice. ).

Of course, that not the entire reason I love the 'ships I do. Generally the 'ships I support are canon ships (as I plaster my post with a Dan/Jan sig/avie.). Even though we haven't gotten resolution yet, I very much consider Sam/Jack a canon ship, and Helen/John is as well, at least a century ago.

Other factors include actor chemistry and good character writing among other things, interesting character history, etc . . .
    I tend to agree with what SJShipper93 said.

I'm mostly into canon ships. (I won't say always, but mostly. ) I don't usually care when it's not canon. I don't like to ship someone when, on the show, she has another lover. I guess it would be kind of frustrating. I also need chemistry between the characters. And, for my personnal taste, I need issues. For me to be REALLY into a ship, there need to be issues involved. I believe Sam/Jack had that and Helen/John have it too.

But, most of all?

I need a little spark that makes me go 'awwwww'. But I don't think that part is really helpful. ;P
    Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 11 December 2010, 05:14 PM.
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Since I'm a shipperaholic and I see ship everywhere, I do not really know what makes a ship
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I've never actively shipped anyone but Sam and Jack. IMO they are unique. So compelling, well written, well matched. I like them individually as characters. They are strong and interesting on their own, which I think makes them even more enjoyable together.

But I do agree with Sally, RDA is yummy and that certainly helps.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          I've never actively shipped anyone but Sam and Jack. IMO they are unique. So compelling, well written, well matched. I like them individually as characters. They are strong and interesting on their own, which I think makes them even more enjoyable together.

that is basically my number one.

sam's my fave character, hands down, and having her interested in this hot and gorgeous guy, who's also very great on his own... it's a shipper match made in heaven!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Indeed. This is also a great reason. Together, Jack and Sam are a great couple, but what's nice is that they're just as interesting as individuals.
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
              I love this one... Thanks for making this Jas! (and XFchemsit for posting!)

I know I didn't take off the IMG tags... I think it's beautiful and worthy of a double-post!
              I agree, this is my fave so far. Lovely composition and flow.
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

amanda, at the current aussie con: (via someone from twitter)

KathrynDowney #GTTS @AmandaTapping summing up Carter's relationship with Jack in 1 word - "Frustrating"
                sally

sigpic

Comment

It’s 6 Days To Shipmas
                  Look What I Received

Sam: Dr. Felger, I’m not sure I understand what all this data is about. Why are you showing me this?

Felger: Well, Major, as you know General Hammond agreed to let me make a careful study of various television ships, focusing especially on the one between yourself and Colonel O’Neill.

Sam: Yes, the Colonel was thrilled when he heard that.

Felger: Really?!

Felger: Right. Anyway, as you can see from this data on average most popular on screen ships receive some kind of resolution in around five years.

Sam: And for us it’s been much, MUCH longer than that.

Felger: Yes. And this continued waiting and longing for resolution has led to a condition I’ve identified as Shipper Envy.

Felger: Basically, the shippers see some kind of resolution or overt shipping on another show and they come onto the Sam/Jack thread and complain. Take for example this show . . . Sanctuary.

Sam: Never heard of it.

Felger: It’s one a lot of Sam/Jack shippers seem to be attracted to for some reason. Anyway, whenever this Helen Magnus character has some kind of shippy moment the Sam/Jack shippers all seem to go nuts.

Comment

It’s 6 Days To Shipmas
                    Continued

Sam: I understand what you’re saying Dr. Felger, and believe me things would be different if I were the one in charge, but I’m not sure what we can really do with any of this data you’ve collected.

Felger: See that’s where my brilliant idea comes in!

Felger: You know about Shipmas … of course you do. And you can see that while participation in this and other shipper celebrations doesn’t eliminate shipper envy it does provide the Sam/Jack shippers with some relief and support.

Felger: So why not add more celebrations to the shipper calendar!

Sam: It’s an interesting idea. I’ll take it to Hammond.

Felger: Yes! I knew you’d like it.

Sam: Now wait a minute here. We’re going to have to give this some serious thought before we move forward with this. You have about 30 new shipper holidays here and I’m sure not all of them will be approved.

Sam: For example, I don’t think Colonel O’Neill is going to be too thrilled with . . . Sidearm Appreciation Day or MOB Day?!

Felger: OK, see I may have kind of, just totally by accident, already sent out the invitations.

Sam: What?!

Jack: Carter, you know I love a good party, especially if there’s cake, but we can’t just have Felger making this stuff up.

Sam: I know, Sir. Don’t worry, I’ll fix it before you get back from this meeting with the rebel Jaffa.

Jack: I know I can count on you Carter. Just, keep an eye on Felger.

Jack: I’ll see you back here for Shipmas.

Sam: Can’t wait.

Sam: Hmmm? Felger may have a point about MOB day.

Comment

Hlndncr - AHHHHH! GW doesn't let me green you again! *hands you a plate full of virtual green* Dig in!

THAT. Was awesome. You're a genius! I can't wait for tomorrow to read another one. XD
                      sigpic
                      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...6/PDVD_379.jpg
                        Jack: Carter, you know I love a good party, especially if there’s cake, but we can’t just have Felger making this stuff up.
                        Jeez, would you look at that! They even walk in synch with (mirroring) each other!
                        Last edited by jasminaGo; 12 December 2010, 12:46 AM. Reason: removing IMG tags

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                          Hlndncr - AHHHHH! GW doesn't let me green you again! *hands you a plate full of virtual green* Dig in!

THAT. Was awesome. You're a genius! I can't wait for tomorrow to read another one. XD
                          Mmmmmmm!

*Takes midnight snack and drags herself off to bed*

Comment

Mmmmmmm!

*Takes midnight snack and drags herself off to bed*
                            You're amazing, you know! Thanks for putting these together for us!

<--- The only green they'll let me give you.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                              RE: MacGyver/Jack O'neill fic

I read a short ficlet where MacGyver's nemesis kidnapped Jack thinking he was MacGyver. Jack got away pretty quickly because he had a gun and shot the guy! It was pretty funny!

Wish I remember who wrote it... but I'm sure I read it of fanfic.net.
                              The Hawk and the Dove by Rocza available on Always and Forever, ff-net and Heliopolis

Rocza has lots of other fantastic fics available.
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Okay, so I've finally caught up on that Sanctuary scene between Helen and John that everyone was going on about, and yeah it would have been nice if it featured in Stargate, but for me, the whole atmosphere would have been entirely different. This may be because I don't 'ship' H/J in the way that I do S/J (you see this neatly ties in with the whole 'what makes a ship' discussion)

Magnus and John have a whole history and years of creating, destroying and coming to terms with their relationship. Off screen.

Sam and Jack on the other hand, met 'on screen' as it were, and I think for me, it is the whole UST and 'will they won't they' that always draws me into a ship. This is normally due to the fantastic writing, acting and chemistry the two actors have on screen.

The only other ship I was ever into was Mulder/Scully and it's a similar scenario in that we had to wait the whole bloody series to get actual proper confirmation instead of hints, angst and no one voicing what we all could see!

Anyhoo, back to

Oh and every ship needs confirmation... otherwise what's the point?!
                                Last edited by Kate1013; 12 December 2010, 03:13 AM. Reason: cause we all gotta have a bit of confirmation...

Comment

Working...
                                X