X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I <3 Woolsey...but I would never kiss him like that LOL

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Que bueno para ti! Disfrutela!

I'd never seen "Jurassic Park" in English until a year or so ago. I never realized it was funny. It didn't translate as 'funny' in Spanish. My mother to this day has never seen "Gone With the Wind" in English. She saw it for the first time as a Fulbright Scholar in Madrid in the 60s. Its funny how seeing movies in another language totally skews your view of the flick.
    When I studied abroad in Mexico we went to the theater and everything was only subtitled. I died laughing in one scene where in English the character says "Can't you just build something like MacGyver?" and it's subbed "Can't you do something like 007?" Which is utterly lame because 007 doesn't build anything On the other hand MacGyver changed his name and his hair and joined the SGC to marry Sam Carter.

Wait...that's not the plot...hmmm....

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    Huh.
    Spoiler:
    I'm applying for a Fulbright Scholarship next year. Cool. My aunt was one and I hope to be one as well. Good for Mom.

Oops... the shippy bit. Um...

Yeah, they're in love.
    Good luck

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    History International is running a show focusing on the hidden things in Area 51. They cite the "extra long" runway. Now they're talking about "Area 52" and the secret stuff there.

I can't help it. I keep seeing Jack on the runway as Teal'c flies the...what was it, prototype 303? And we know Sam's worked there (at 51). She had to, you know, 'cause she and Jack got married and she wanted to be extra sure to be out of his direct chain (oh, let's so not go there).

And, of course, Sam needed to be closer to Cassie (yes, I wrote a fic about that).

So...I guess it's time for the SGC to go public, yes?

*Pol waits for everyone to vote...then counts.*

Okay. We're agreed. I'll call Brad.
    I once asked my dad about Area 51 and he told me that they required him to sign non-disclosure agreements every time he had to fly over it. See...my father says things like this and I "hmph". I keep thinking it's a town like Eureka....

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    I voted YES!!!! Did you count me?

And I'm fairly certain that if you look at all the Wikileaks stuff, the SGC will be in there somewhere. . .
    Is it pathetic that I read the wikileaks everyday and secretly hope for some sort of AWESOME thing like that?!

Like maybe confirmation of S/J?????

I mean, isn't everyone else in the world as obsessed as we are???

Comment

HLNDNCR!!!

You are an absolute friggin' GENIUS! That one was awesome!

And as one of those middle-aged housewives, I agree. I'm a HUGE threat to national security!

Pol--Good Luck!

And Nynaeve506--YES. Confirmation of S/J is in Wikileaks. We just haven't found it yet. I believe!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

HLNDNCR you have once more made me

I can't wait for the rest!

As for confirmation in Wikileaks - well I just won't believe Julian is the internet hero people are making him out to be until he finds that little secret!!

Comment

*bows down in front of hlndncr*

You totally rock!

sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
            I <3 Woolsey...but I would never kiss him like that LOL

When I studied abroad in Mexico we went to the theater and everything was only subtitled. I died laughing in one scene where in English the character says "Can't you just build something like MacGyver?" and it's subbed "Can't you do something like 007?" Which is utterly lame because 007 doesn't build anything On the other hand MacGyver changed his name and his hair and joined the SGC to marry Sam Carter.

Wait...that's not the plot...hmmm....

Spoiler:
            Good luck

I once asked my dad about Area 51 and he told me that they required him to sign non-disclosure agreements every time he had to fly over it. See...my father says things like this and I "hmph". I keep thinking it's a town like Eureka....

Is it pathetic that I read the wikileaks everyday and secretly hope for some sort of AWESOME thing like that?!

Like maybe confirmation of S/J?????

I mean, isn't everyone else in the world as obsessed as we are?
            *Spoilered for space*

I read that fic somewhere along the way...
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              [CENTER] It’s 7 Days to Shipmas
              Look What I Received

<snipped for laziness >
              ROFLMAO

I consider it a high honour that my flair is considered so much a part of shippy celebrations that it gets included in pic stories! Especially since the last couple of years I've cheated by using other people's art to make it...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                It’s 7 Days to Shipmas
                Look What I Received

[/size]
                This is brilliant hlndncr! Yesterday I thought you could not top the guys from PJ2-445, but today we get Woolsey.

I don't know if anybody posted this before. I'll spoiler it because it's OT, but it has Woolsey and Jack in it.

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=hlndncr;12152542][CENTER] It’s 7 Days to Shipmas
                  Continued

OMG...this was the best thus far. I haven't checked to see if any has posted it yet, so I will:

Sorry, it's not the slo-mo, though.
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                    I love this one... Thanks for making this Jas! (and XFchemsit for posting!)

I know I didn't take off the IMG tags... I think it's beautiful and worthy of a double-post!
                    Last edited by jasminaGo; 12 December 2010, 12:46 AM. Reason: removing IMG tags

Comment

HLNDCR== Another great pic-story... Woolsy as a closet shipper? Love it!!

Comment

RE: MacGyver/Jack O'neill fic

I read a short ficlet where MacGyver's nemesis kidnapped Jack thinking he was MacGyver. Jack got away pretty quickly because he had a gun and shot the guy! It was pretty funny!

Wish I remember who wrote it... but I'm sure I read it of fanfic.net.

Comment

what makes a ship? is it the storyline? the characters? the actors? the...

i'm bringing this up, b/c of what's going on in sanctuary with the helen/john ship. see, i like the concept of this ship, it's just that i don't feel any spark, but that's not b/c amanda and chris h don't have chemistry, b/c they do! i think, for me, it's b/c *i'm* not sexually attracted to chris h, so that throws off some of the spark i need to get into the ship.

so why am i bringing this up *here*? b/c, for me, part of why sam/jack works soooo much for me, is b/c 1- i like putting myself into sam's place completely, 2- i drool over rda, and 3- the storyline.

with helen/john, i don't have #2.

with all the ships i've ever been into, sam/jack is THE ship that makes me drool and makes me squee and makes me sigh and makes me continue with it for over a decade!!

LONG LIVE SAM AND JACK!!
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            Spoiler:

i'm bringing this up, b/c of what's going on in sanctuary with the helen/john ship. see, i like the concept of this ship, it's just that i don't feel any spark, but that's not b/c amanda and chris h don't have chemistry, b/c they do! i think, for me, it's b/c *i'm* not sexually attracted to chris h, so that throws off some of the spark i need to get into the ship.

so why am i bringing this up *here*? b/c, for me, part of why sam/jack works soooo much for me, is b/c 1- i like putting myself into sam's place completely, 2- i drool over rda, and 3- the storyline.

with all the ships i've ever been into, sam/jack is THE ship that makes me drool and makes me squee and makes me sigh and makes me continue with it for over a decade!!
                            LONG LIVE SAM AND JACK!!
                            You bring up a good point. I feel like I'm attracted to Sam/Jack partly because I think RDA's a very handsome man. Likewise, I'm nuts about the Helen/John ship because I love Chris Heyerdahl (It's the voice. Always the voice. ).

Of course, that not the entire reason I love the 'ships I do. Generally the 'ships I support are canon ships (as I plaster my post with a Dan/Jan sig/avie.). Even though we haven't gotten resolution yet, I very much consider Sam/Jack a canon ship, and Helen/John is as well, at least a century ago.

Other factors include actor chemistry and good character writing among other things, interesting character history, etc . . .
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

LONG LIVE SAM AND JACK!!
                              For me, being attracted to one member of the ship is not what makes the ship. Yes, I find RDA unspeakably hot, but to me it is the chemistry between Sam & Jack that make it such an amazing ship. I also can't say that I ship Helen/John, because as far as I'm concerned, they are in a very complicated relationship already (I haven't seen the latest Sanctuary ep yet, but I've heard it's very shippy). Yes, I think CH is an extremely attractive man, but I don't want to put myself in Helen's place either. In fact, my one other OTP other than S/J was Roslin and Adama on BSG, and I don't find EJO particularly attractive. However, the chemistry between him and Mary McDonnell (or rather Roslin & Adama) was beyond wicked, and I shipped that very hard. And take everything I just said with a grain of salt, as I've been up for 38 hours.
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Only 7 days!? Yikes. It is creeping up on me fast. I have nothing ready!

*going to go open Photoshop right now and get busy!*
                                sigpic
                                || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Working...
                                X