• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I turn on my TV at lunch today, and the first words I hear:

"...working relationships."

"Oh, that."

"We weren't telling the whole truth, so..."

etc etc etc.

PERFECT timing for the confession scene! *sigh* Haven't seen that ep in ages... will get to it very soon in my marathon though!
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Thanks for the picspam hlndncr

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Love the pic spam!

*has almost finished her secret santa gift*
      I have barely started mine

*goes back to working at shipgiving vids*
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I haven't started my Secret Santa yet...but hubby and boy are taking a boy's road trip to see my MIL next week...so lots of quiet time to contemplate my fic.

I need to work on a wallpaper for Shipsgiving :/ My job was having a Saturday workday for projects and I've worked my butt off to get it done...I tell THEM it's because I want to spend more time with my family...but...um...I kinda want to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          I haven't started my Secret Santa yet...but hubby and boy are taking a boy's road trip to see my MIL next week...so lots of quiet time to contemplate my fic.

I need to work on a wallpaper for Shipsgiving :/ My job was having a Saturday workday for projects and I've worked my butt off to get it done...I tell THEM it's because I want to spend more time with my family...but...um...I kinda want to be here.
          Saturday workday?!!

Is that allowed?!! Don't they know you have much more important things to do on the weekends?! (you know, like )

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            Saturday workday?!!

Is that allowed?!! Don't they know you have much more important things to do on the weekends?! (you know, like )
            Work OT
            Spoiler:
            I work for a US national payroll company (hint: NOT ADP) and we're heading into year end - I'm the person who gets the call when your boss (assuming you're in the US...) forgot to mention that check he wrote you in July that, oh yeah, taxes need to be paid on.. :: rolls eyes :: Anyway, up here, they recently ended the reciprocity tax agreement between Wisconsin and Minnesota (stupid stupid stupid) and it's caused so many problems because they didn't finalize the details until well into 2010. So we all have to take our clients that hire from the other state (I have WI businesses with MN employees and vice versa), move wages, and then created amended tax returns...

This is not a simple process.

So in order to make sure we have time to handle the INSANE influx of clients "remembering" at year end, we're trying to get this done and out of the way.

We create an entire committee at work purely to help us handle the stress that will last me from December through mid-February.

That's why I'm glad I have here. I will be here trying to detox many many days in the upcoming months.

Comment

Work OT
              Spoiler:
              I work for a US national payroll company (hint: NOT ADP) and we're heading into year end - I'm the person who gets the call when your boss (assuming you're in the US...) forgot to mention that check he wrote you in July that, oh yeah, taxes need to be paid on.. :: rolls eyes :: Anyway, up here, they recently ended the reciprocity tax agreement between Wisconsin and Minnesota (stupid stupid stupid) and it's caused so many problems because they didn't finalize the details until well into 2010. So we all have to take our clients that hire from the other state (I have WI businesses with MN employees and vice versa), move wages, and then created amended tax returns...

This is not a simple process.

So in order to make sure we have time to handle the INSANE influx of clients "remembering" at year end, we're trying to get this done and out of the way.

We create an entire committee at work purely to help us handle the stress that will last me from December through mid-February.

That's why I'm glad I have here. I will be here trying to detox many many days in the upcoming months.
              I'm always willing to hang around for people to detox with. Venting, yelling, complaining, whining--that's what I'm here for. Vent away! (((hugs)))
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                I'm always willing to hang around for people to detox with. Venting, yelling, complaining, whining--that's what I'm here for. Vent away! (((hugs)))
                Thanks...

I have a saying as a result of my job:

Spoiler:
                Wal-Mart does NOT put small businesses out of business. Stupidity and ignorance put small businesses out of business. Of course that's not comprehensive. There are savvy, intelligent, sharp business owners that do go out of business out of pure hard luck, but there are SO MANY that if they just understood BASIC business accounting and taxation, they would avoid SO many freaking problems. I get particularly frustrated at the end of the year because someone goes "Oh I'll just make them a 1099" (Independent Contractor) but the IRS has very, very strict regulations and then they get mad when I ask if the person meets these requirements because if they don't, then the employer becomes liable for ALL the taxes.

Seriously.

Or they don't understand that there are taxes paid on wages. Whatever you make (in the US) add about 20-30% and that's what it costs your ER to pay you. But some ERs don't know that. They're like "What are these extra taxes, are you trying to bilk me?" and I'm like "No, these are legit taxes you have to pay." and they're like "well I only have X amount in the account" and I"m like "then you can't pay yourself that 10,000 bonus you wanted to pay yourself."

Hmph.

Double hmph.

Those are the days I want a Goa'uld to shoot.

And then I want to go fishing.

Comment

*hugs Twi* We are here to get you through your work woes
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Ok this is just weird now: Turned on the TV a bit ago to put the Robin Dunne Innerspace tonight on record, and what's on TV? The EXACT same part of the confession scene in D&C!!!!

Sam/Jack is out to get me today!

I wish everyday were like this!
                    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                      Ok this is just weird now: Turned on the TV a bit ago to put the Robin Dunne Innerspace tonight on record, and what's on TV? The EXACT same part of the confession scene in D&C!!!!

Sam/Jack is out to get me today!

I wish everyday were like this!
                      Maybe you care about them a lot more than your supposed to.

Naaaaa, that's not really possible.

Comment

Sending Shippy Green to everyone I can in happy anticipation of Shipsgiving!

Comment

Thanks...

I have a saying as a result of my job:

Spoiler:
                          Wal-Mart does NOT put small businesses out of business. Stupidity and ignorance put small businesses out of business. Of course that's not comprehensive. There are savvy, intelligent, sharp business owners that do go out of business out of pure hard luck, but there are SO MANY that if they just understood BASIC business accounting and taxation, they would avoid SO many freaking problems. I get particularly frustrated at the end of the year because someone goes "Oh I'll just make them a 1099" (Independent Contractor) but the IRS has very, very strict regulations and then they get mad when I ask if the person meets these requirements because if they don't, then the employer becomes liable for ALL the taxes.

Seriously.

Or they don't understand that there are taxes paid on wages. Whatever you make (in the US) add about 20-30% and that's what it costs your ER to pay you. But some ERs don't know that. They're like "What are these extra taxes, are you trying to bilk me?" and I'm like "No, these are legit taxes you have to pay." and they're like "well I only have X amount in the account" and I"m like "then you can't pay yourself that 10,000 bonus you wanted to pay yourself."

Hmph.

Double hmph.

Those are the days I want a Goa'uld to shoot.

And then I want to go fishing.
                          These are the times that I go out into the desert with some of my husband's guns and shoot pumpkins and oranges. It's extremely satisfying!

And fishing--well, THAT'S satisfying too.

(splashes happily in the gutter. . .)
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

These are the times that I go out into the desert with some of my husband's guns and shoot pumpkins and oranges. It's extremely satisfying!

ahh the gutter......

Comment

I wish I had someplace to shoot a gun LOL. Yes, that's the kind of fishing I prefer. Woohoo for the gutter.

Comment

Just watched Chimera (for the shipper rewatch - comments on the discussion thread to follow), and while it's late and I should go to bed I just can't sleep with still in my mind. Bleh!

So I think I will just have to put on Broca Divide. That should help me sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X