Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    I haven't noticed any change in how my posts look. I'm not sure what that means.

And can I just say I'm bummed I can't use my pretty avatar because I haven't posted enough yet to have that privilege?!! So my goal for Shipsgiving is to post enough to get my custom avatar!
    I now see a scroll bar, like in a Word document, on the bottom and right side of every post. Am I the only one who sees that? I'm using IE8.

And it is a bummer that you can't use your own avatar! You'll just have to post faster--LOL!

Oh...and to be on topic: + =

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      I now see a scroll bar, like in a Word document, on the bottom and right side of every post. Am I the only one who sees that? I'm using IE8.
      Nope, don't see it and I'm using IE???. That would be very annoying.

And it is a bummer that you can't use your own avatar! You'll just have to post faster--LOL!

Oh...and to be on topic: + =
      Easy for you to say General!

Comment

Reporting as ordered...new avatar in place. Thanks hlndncr.
        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Has anyone received Secret Santa assignments yet? Did I miss something?

Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
            The new Stargate Atlantis series of novels picking up after Enemy at the Gate, a novel sixth season in six books. The first one comes out next week : http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlan...ref=pd_sim_b_1

Note Jack on the cover!

Ohhh...Jack on the cover.... but is there anything significant with Jack and Sam INSIDE it?!

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            I have this fantasy where she's forever "borrowing" his sweatshirts and tee shirts and then forgetting to return them. They get married and move in together and he finds a huge box of his old shirts--

OOH! Inspiration!
            Lovely thoughts. Yes, go write!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Enjoyed reading the discussion on the post-Threads proofs of Sam/Jack. Awwww. ^^ It feels good to be remembered sometimes.

Just wondering.
              I haven't.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              Ohhh...Jack on the cover.... but is there anything significant with Jack and Sam INSIDE it?!
              I hope so!

Lovely thoughts. Yes, go write!
              I agree. ;D

And hlndncr - Great job on the invite for Shipsgiving! Going to change my sig for the occasion.
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Hlndncr you did a great job with that invite! It's gorgeous!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  I'm excited because even if there aren't any directly shippy moments in the book (Jo Graham has said that Sam doesn't have a very large role in the first book, but both Jack and Sam will be back for books 3 and 4.), the author has made some comments that would certainly label her as a Sam/Jack shipper.

Finally! An author who seems like she won't deny or ignore the 'ship!

Here's a sampling of 'shippy bits from her LiveJournal posts (most of the questions are from fans regarding the new books):

Spoilers only for length:
                  Spoiler:
                  Random Roundup of Legacy Questions
                  Are John and Sam a couple? - John and Sam are friends. Friends. Nothing else. And Sam is very, very taken.

Jack O'Neill
                  Jack in Legacy -- Jack has a pretty big part in Homecoming, which is why he belongs on the cover. And one of the chapter titles is "Jack's Gambit," so you may guess that he has some things up his sleeve! Jack's not in The Lost, and in Allegiance he has a couple of short scenes. He has a more substantial role in Avengers, both because there's more action on Earth and because Sam has the B plot in Avengers. I don't think Jack will be in Secrets, though he may wind up with one scene, but he'll be back in the last book, The Inheritors, with a more substantial part.
                  I love that she says that Jack has an increased role *because* Sam has the B plot in the book.

Favorite SG-1 Episodes
                  Among the list are "Solitudes", "Divide and Conquer", "Window of Opportunity", "Beneath the Surface", "Death Knell", "Heroes", and "Lost City".

The Lost
                  There is actually a fourth canon pairing, given the deleted scene from Trio -- Sam and Jack.

Canon Relationship Ending?
                  I think Jack/Sam is pretty clearly a canon relationship at this point, given the scene in Trio.

Some people may not care about these books, considering they aren't canon. But I enjoy them, and it's so nice to find an author that seems like she actually knows the show and the people she's writing about.
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

So today was Veteran's day here in the U.S. and I was surprised no one did a little fic regarding jack and Sam.

Comment

The new Stargate Atlantis series of novels picking up after Enemy at the Gate, a novel sixth season in six books. The first one comes out next week : http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlan...ref=pd_sim_b_1

Note Jack on the cover!

It comes out next month: Dec. 16th 2010 not Nov. 16th 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        I have this fantasy where she's forever "borrowing" his sweatshirts and tee shirts and then forgetting to return them. They get married and move in together and he finds a huge box of his old shirts--

OOH! Inspiration!
                        *gg* I like this idea VERY much!! if you want to write something.. feel free do do that immediately XD

Just wondering.
                        I got nuthin'.. yet

Yes, great invitations!! *goes adding the sig to hers* EDIT: aaahhh.. SignAva *again* doesn't accept my password.. but I'm sure it's right -.- i don't want to have to make another account there again..
                        does anybody know another rotating-sig-page?
                        Last edited by SnowWhite; 12 November 2010, 06:43 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          I'm excited because even if there aren't any directly shippy moments in the book (Jo Graham has said that Sam doesn't have a very large role in the first book, but both Jack and Sam will be back for books 3 and 4.), the author has made some comments that would certainly label her as a Sam/Jack shipper.

Finally! An author who seems like she won't deny or ignore the 'ship!

Here's a sampling of 'shippy bits from her LiveJournal posts (most of the questions are from fans regarding the new books):

Spoilers only for length:
                          Spoiler:
                          Random Roundup of Legacy Questions

Jack O'Neill

I love that she says that Jack has an increased role *because* Sam has the B plot in the book.

Favorite SG-1 Episodes
                          Among the list are "Solitudes", "Divide and Conquer", "Window of Opportunity", "Beneath the Surface", "Death Knell", "Heroes", and "Lost City".

The Lost

Canon Relationship Ending?

Some people may not care about these books, considering they aren't canon. But I enjoy them, and it's so nice to find an author that seems like she actually knows the show and the people she's writing about.
                          I like this. Thanks for posting. I think I'm going to try the books. ^^

"Sam is very, very taken."

x8 ('Cause it's eight days left 'til Shipsgiving!)
                          sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

OT patches
                            Spoiler:

For all of you who still want some patches:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...stargate+patch
                            sigpic

Comment

Wheww! I'm glad I didn't miss anything with the Secret Santa. I was just making sure because I've been known to do dumb things like deleting important messages from my inbox without realizing it.

I'm glad everyone likes the Shipsgiving art! I've only been doing it since August and I still have a lot to learn. So your praise and encouragement really means a lot.

Lilac, love the patches. Thanks for posting. Also, if you type in "stargate stickers" you get some cool stuff. Looks like I've got a few things to add to my Christmas wishlist.

Lt. Col. Sheppard, a Veteran's Day fic is a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think of it. I'll have to add it to my list. But with everything else I'm working on it may be 2012 before I get around to it. It's even looking pretty unlikely I'm going to finish any fic for Shipsgiving. But I shall forge ahead and hope for the best.

And just to make sure I'm on topic:
                              + = FOREVER!

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Huh? What cabin incident?
                                Spoiler:
                                When Johansen had the baby she ended up in cabin, looked like Jacks cabin, and her & Young had obviously been fishing, so why didn't that happen to Sam & Jack, how did she end up in the cabin a mother when our 2 didn't get there until the very end. AND no actual canon proof of fishing. Ah well. Hope that makes sense, someone far more eloquent than me can explain things far better!

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                                OT patches
                                Spoiler:

For all of you who still want some patches:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...stargate+patch
                                I can dream but imagine his indoors face when I add them to my xmas list..

Comment

Working...
                                X