• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pol that, was, awesome great ficlet! you should totally do that more often
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Huh. Guess I had a ficlet in my head! Who knew? What will you write and/or post with that little prompt above?
      Pol! As always, wonderful!

As for the prompt. . .we'll see.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Pol, I loved it! Great little ficlet.

Comment

Pol, that was fantastic! Aaah, Daniel... always popping in at the wrong time! lol

Comment

So...I'm in a cruddy mood. I'm at Borders ('cause the lady who comes in once a month to clean our house is wonderful but LOVES to chat, so when she comes, I stay away until 5 when she's *almost* done (after 5 hours). That gives her and the dog wonderful alone time to frisk, play, get extra lovin's, and clean. Who does what, I'm not entirely certain.). Anyway.

I am here, not working as I should be, and I ran across this great blog entry. It made me think of Sam and Jack (see, this post is on topic!), and it's a terrific thing for the writers among us:

As the writer, you may know exactly how the Thessalactan Grid enables transdimensional travel, and why there’s a 34-second delay before the Quantifier engages. I’m sure it’s fascinating and well-reasoned. But the audience doesn’t care. Or, more precisely, the audience doesn’t need to care, because all that really matters to them is how the hero is going to get off the space station before it blows up.

HERO
            How does it work?

SCIENTIST WOMAN
            It creates a well in time-space that bends…

HERO
            WHICH BUTTON DO I PUSH?!
            Which I immediately mentally changed to:

How does it work?
            (holding her hand to her side to staunch the flow of blood) It creates a well in time-space that bends–
            Carter! WHICH BUTTON DO I PUSH!

You can find John's whole post (and great advice) here.

Ahh, shippiness even in someone else's blog posts. I really do need a life.
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

I'm also not overly bothered if they don't make it hugely overt in movie #3. Yes, I know I say I want a kiss etc. along with everyone else and, oh I would been squeeing from the ceiling if they did, but I'm seriously not expecting movie #3 to have anything hugely ship focussed. If past performance is anything to go by I'm expecting something fairly subtle. BUt, you know, that's ok by me because, I know in my little world, that Sam and Jack have been together in a romantic sense since Threads. That, to me, is a given and I'm so confident of that, I don't feel like I need to have it proved to me (or to non-shippers... although it would be sweet ). I might be miffed if they painted them as not together, or only just getting together in the movies, but that's because I see it as out of character that they would not be at this point.
              As I say, obviously, I'd love to see it and have it absolutely confirmed but, I don't need confirmation to be happy with the ship being the way it is.
              it IS important to me that it be proved, b/c, for me, it's not 100 percent sure that they 'are' together. if me, a dyed in the wool shipper isn't totally sure, what does an average fan think? i think the average isn't sure, b/c i've read many posts from general fans (non shippers and such) that have said they're sorry they didn't get together, so on...

it's not clear, it's not *for sure*.

for me, for the fans, for the storyline, make it *clear*.

X 100!
              Last edited by majorsal; 13 April 2010, 03:51 PM. Reason: fixing misspelling and meaning of misspelling :p
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Pol how could anyone follow that up?? Loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  From AOL News:

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...3at32407PM.png

Ficlet to go with, um the piclet:

(snipped)

Huh. Guess I had a ficlet in my head! Who knew? What will you write and/or post with that little prompt above?
                  woo hoo, loved it!
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

omg, hours without a post!

top defining moments:

1- their first meeting.

2- being stuck together in 'solitudes'. i think this is where the attraction reasserted itself.

3- jack seeing an alternate reality sam, and seeing what could be with him and sam. 'pov'

4- jack being stuck on edora, and sam being jealous. '100 days'

5- sam and jack, stuck behind the force field, with jack not leaving her (see 6)

6- sam and jack being forced to admit their feelings. 'upgrades' and 'divide and conquer'

7- sam comes to some realizations. 'grace'

8- sam gets a boyfriend that's not jack. (feels too gaggy to name ep )

9- sam gets engaged. 'affinity'

10- sam and jack, no matter how hard they tried, could not move on from each other. 'threads'

k, shippers, did i miss anything, leave anything out?

do tell!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I like those moments. I would add the couch and the engine room scenes from Lost City, but that is it. This makes me feel better...my other two shows were angsty this week. *sigh* What's going on over at Fox? They must all be in the caverns....

Comment

I've kept Sal's list as-is to add to it...

majorsal said...omg, hours without a post!

top defining moments:

1- their first meeting.

2- being stuck together in 'solitudes'. i think this is where the attraction reasserted itself.

3- jack seeing an alternate reality sam, and seeing what could be with him and sam. 'pov'

4- jack being stuck on edora, and sam being jealous. '100 days'
                        I'd add to this, Sam's dismay at discovering that she is, in fact, jealous. I get the feeling that our Sam has never had that problem in the past. She either had no time, or it simply didn't happen to her.

5- sam and jack, stuck behind the force field, with jack not leaving her (see 6)

6- sam and jack being forced to admit their feelings. 'upgrades' and 'divide and conquer'

7- sam comes to some realizations. 'grace'
                        Adding again. Unfortunately, the wrong realizations (see point 8)

8- sam gets a boyfriend that's not jack. (feels too gaggy to name ep )

Jack doesn't stop Sam from getting engaged. :::shudder:::

10- sam and jack, no matter how hard they tried, could not move on from each other. 'threads'

Good series, this.
                        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Jack doesn't stop Sam from getting engaged. :::shudder:::
                          And I'll add to the add. . .

Jack cares for her enough to allow her to find happiness if this path is the one that she wants to traverse. I'm weird enough to think that's kind of sweet--that he doesn't try to force her decision. Maybe it's because he doesn't think he's good enough for her in the first place (this is kind of what it feels to me, in which case I *sigh* because I think that's romantic), or he believes that she believes that she's going to be happy with P___ and wants to give her the opportunity to go for what she wants.

But in the end, Number10 is all that matters, and they end up FISHING together, just the way all of heaven and earth intended. . .
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                            Thanks! I'm glad that you like our vids!
                            I'm wotking again with her on a trailer (the fic is always in french...sorry ).
                            Then I had an insane idea and she joined me in this project, but it will take months...maybe the vid will be ready for the ship day
                            I wish I could read French, because I would love to read her stories. The trailers are awesome and leaves you wanting more, the fic which I can't read.

I look forward to your new trailer and can't wait to see it for ship day.

Pol, I love your ficlet. You are a very talented writer. About what I would write, nothing. I couldn't write a story to save my life.

My favorite Sam and Jack ship moments are the silent ones. The look between them in DC and the hug in Heroes. Very emotional scenes for me. There are many more that I like, but those are my favorites.
                            sigpic
                            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                              I'm a bit late to the party, but I am a newbie to GW (previously a lurker - why did I take so long to sign up?!) Anyhoo, my fave ship moments? Apart from the big ones that others have mentioned - kiss in WOO, Grace etc, some of my fave bits are the small subtle ones. Like in Small Victories (or there abouts) when Jack peers up through Sam's magnifying glass and she laughs and shakes her head. Part of me wonders if that was scripted or if RDA was just messing around and AT went with it.

Also the WOO scene in the commisary - "so, don't you know what I'm going to say..." - Sam has this cute little smile thing going on and Jack just gazes at her in that way... you know like he's thinking something else...
                              Welcome to the thread Kate!
                              sigpic

Comment

OT: Speaking of Jack did any one catch monday's episode of 24? man what a shocker at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X