Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

I'm sure Jack would have found an appropriate moment to speak to Jacob. I believe Jack really respected and even loved Jacob. He would have wanted to say goodbye. And I can't imagine Jacob not taking the opportunity to give Jack a little nudge like he did with Sam. Jacob was definitely a shipper and he certainly knew Sam was making a big mistake with and he understood that Jack would let her because I think Jacob understood Jack (they were a lot a like) and he knew Jack loved Sam enough to let her go if that's what he thought she wanted.

I don't see it as being a long, gushy let's talk about our feelings talk. I think it would have been short and sweet with some of the same witty banter mixed with an underlying fondness that we've always seen from them, but with Jacob taking a couple of very direct shots at Jack to get his head out of his butt and go to Sam because she needs him and he knows it.
    I'd love to read a real good, believable (not being all gushy about their feelings because, that's not either of those two men) version of this. Anyone have any recs?
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
      I agree with you that it wouldn't be in character for her to have thought about getting out first. Her training and her experience teaches that she should go for the control panel, not for the door. I don't think Jack entered into it, except in the sense that someone was with her. I think it would have been the same if it had been Teal'c or Daniel, JMO.
      My opinion, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
        Okay, this is OT, but at least for me, ship related. And frankly I don’t know where else to ask.

Spoiler:
        I have sort of a long term Sam/Jack ship project going. And I need some help. What is the third colour in the desert camo used in “Children of the Gods”? The basic tint is sort of beige and there is brown, but what’s the third? Is it pale green, gray, or something else? And the next question, has anybody a good picture of the Jaffa armour?
        Here's Sam and Jack from COTG in their desert pattern BDUs.

Here was the pattern used for official US desert camo uniforms in the 1990s.

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
          *giggles*

I do think Jacob and Selmak were shippers *nods*

<-- Just 'cause
          Was there ever any doubt?
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Sanctuary OT
            Spoiler:
            Just Ordered Sanctuary seasons 1 and 2 on amazon and it was only $38 for both for them. (shipping was free) figured i find out how good the series was. that and i love the Sherlock holmes episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              I'm sure Jack would have found an appropriate moment to speak to Jacob. I believe Jack really respected and even loved Jacob. He would have wanted to say goodbye. And I can't imagine Jacob not taking the opportunity to give Jack a little nudge like he did with Sam. Jacob was definitely a shipper and he certainly knew Sam was making a big mistake with and he understood that Jack would let her because I think Jacob understood Jack (they were a lot a like) and he knew Jack loved Sam enough to let her go if that's what he thought she wanted.

I don't see it as being a long, gushy let's talk about our feelings talk. I think it would have been short and sweet with some of the same witty banter mixed with an underlying fondness that we've always seen from them, but with Jacob taking a couple of very direct shots at Jack to get his head out of his butt and go to Sam because she needs him and he knows it.
              I like that!

I know I read some fics, but somehow, they always seem a bit OOC.
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                I'd love to read a real good, believable (not being all gushy about their feelings because, that's not either of those two men) version of this. Anyone have any recs?
                I did a few scenes with Jack and Jacob talking in "Passing Time", and neither of them were gushy--but I don't ever remember having read a stand-alone story on this subject.

Sounds like SOMEONE (points upward) needs to get writing!
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Comment

Thanks to all of you who helped me today!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      Was there ever any doubt?
                      Nop! I just thought I should state the obvious

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      Sanctuary OT
                      Spoiler:
                      Just Ordered Sanctuary seasons 1 and 2 on amazon and it was only $38 for both for them. (shipping was free) figured i find out how good the series was. that and i love the Sherlock holmes episodes.
                      Spoiler:
                      I hope you like it. I absolutely love it and I need to buy the dvds
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                        Hey!!! Jacob Carter's alive! OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        I just saw him on Castle! Okay, maybe it was Carmen Argenziano. They do look an awful lot alike.

This is shippy, honest!! Jacob was a 'shipper! See the end of, um...Threads? Middle of Threads? Somewhere in there.
                        I <3 Castle. I <3 Jacob. I <3

That is all.

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                        *iz relieved*
                        *iz also glad I read it all again a couple of weeks ago *
                        *more fic would be very good*
                        Oh hey! People are still reading my stuff LOL. I forget that people actually enjoy my writing despite the much love I get

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                          You know I like ship nicknames but since most people here don't I'm ok with Sam/Jack
                          I have seen a ship name in YT and stuff, it's
                          Spoiler:
                          Jarter

but it's not used by many shippers
                          Haha alrighty then It was a suggestion.

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                          *dances in*

I'm feeling in a very shippery mood today, so thought I'd drop in and say hi. Hi And post some recent-ish S/J art

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...es/JackSam.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gs/dk-hold.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nelasttime.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gtheflames.jpg

I've a real urge to make some more S/J art, but no inspiration Anyone have any requests/ideas?

Oh, do we have a date for Shipsgiving yet? I'm sure it must be coming up soon.
                          HOLY KANOLIE!! Those are beautiful! I love them <3
                          sigpic
                          My tumblr

Comment

****TipToes through sad, lonely little quiet thread****
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              I did a few scenes with Jack and Jacob talking in "Passing Time", and neither of them were gushy--but I don't ever remember having read a stand-alone story on this subject.

Sounds like SOMEONE (points upward) needs to get writing!

Yeah, I'd love to read a good missing scene type story focused around just that kind of talk.

I had this conversation with Pol the other day. I just don't have the time (or generally the interest) in writing much fic anymore. When I do, its because I'm blocked or in between other potential paying writing projects. I did give Pol an idea and told her to run, run, run away with it, though. She told me to write it. I told her no. So - hopefully, she will
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                Yeah, I'd love to read a good missing scene type story focused around just that kind of talk.

I had this conversation with Pol the other day. I just don't have the time (or generally the interest) in writing much fic anymore. When I do, its because I'm blocked or in between other potential paying writing projects. I did give Pol an idea and told her to run, run, run away with it, though. She told me to write it. I told her no. So - hopefully, she will
                                I hear you! The difference between us is that I WANT to write, but I have my big Christmas rush coming up in my business (well, that, and I've felt like crap for the past few weeks. ) And I'd like to write something "real" soon--I'm just not sure where to start.

And I'm in Season 1 of my rewatch--which is not the season that stimulates my shippy tendencies at all.

What I need is some good picspam, or videos, or something. Come on people, cater to my muse! Ha ha ha.

and sitting in a tree
                                We'll see them smooch in Movie 3!!!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X